Five new videos

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Five new videos

Post by RazorclawX »

Yes, there is a new version of Wanderers of Sorceria in the works. The newest and most exciting additions are the Wanderer's Journal global upgrade system and Achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yHp3ofeuyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJZpO16drk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFupUXySrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBGUfG5UUhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_VSyFOTsoc
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Re: Five new videos

Post by muaddib »

whew,this looks very impressive rcx, looking foward to try it when it goes live :)
in the mean time im playing wos 1 to 6 again and intend to enjoy wc3 as much as i can and as long as the computer is willing to install and let me play it
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I should get back to this again, seeing as I found an easy workaround to Blizzard's botched music handling on the Intel Mac version.
Rui
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Rui »

Nice! What will the Wanderer's Journal include?
Achievements? Looks like they're the fad nowadays =P
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Rui wrote:Nice! What will the Wanderer's Journal include?
The 10-50 page upgrades are in one of the above videos. The 60 page upgrade (the last one) actually does a whole mess of things (some of them absurd).

Oddly enough my favorite one turned out to be the Tower attack range upgrade; it's so nice having more towers to back up the front towers. After that, probably the Gravity Well.
Achievements? Looks like they're the fad nowadays =P
Most of them actually call attention to something that was already there that wasn't completely obvious. I don't think very many of them ask you to do outrageous things (although one of them does involve killing 10 Infernals and some of them have to come from Ebon the Crimson Flame).
-- Razorclaw X
Davzz

Post by Davzz »

Sounds cool. Anything to make the Infernal mission easier is great in my book. Sort of.

Is this compatible with the old campaign save files (well, cache files actually) though, or will I have to collect all the Obelisks again (which is my least favourite sidequest honestly)
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Davzz wrote:Is this compatible with the old campaign save files (well, cache files actually) though, or will I have to collect all the Obelisks again (which is my least favourite sidequest honestly)
Everything is compatible except for whatever Hero spells got rearranged (just a few of the Book 1 and 2 classes; everything else is the same); in those cases a Hero is just plain missing an ability (it's has to do with how Blizzard coded how Abilities are handled by the game; it doesn't in any way attempt to 'not spend' skill points even though you don't have a particular Ability). I haven't thought of a way to fix that short of just picking a different Hero class.

The Obelisk quests are supposed to be set up in a way so that if you do it once you don't have to do it again. The only thing is at the moment there's no way to tell which ones you didn't get. That's probably something I should get around to fixing.
-- Razorclaw X
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Looking forward for it, too!

btw: Did you make all the sounds, models and musics by yourself?

Are you from Germany?

Iis there any estimated release date? (most like it's done when it's done, I dont need anything exact, but it would be nice if it gets released in a few months or weeks, this year or if it will take longer than that, such stuff)
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Probably sometime within the next month or so. I'm still adding and changing stuff as they come up.
-- Razorclaw X
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

w0_0t? nice!

Keep going!
Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Blake »

Looks awesome! By the way I was wonder which program was used to record the game...
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

CamStudio recorder
-- Razorclaw X
Rui

Melee Latest Patch in Map Options

Post by Rui »

Damn, I forgot to post this sooner. If it isn't too much of a hassle, could you go to Map Options (on each map that you open) and, on the bottom, make the map use the Latest Melee Patch? It fixes some silent bugs and other actual visible ones like the health bar bug.
Thanks in advance.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well as you know by default all maps by default use the settings based on its map type, so by default all of them use the old data. Which is still the case.

I don't know what health bar bug you're referring to.

Now, the problem I do see for Latest Melee Patch is it could do something strange to the maps which I'm not aware of. I think that's why using the old patch data option was made available-- one patch made Storm Bolt unable to hit the boats in one of the original campaign missions. Now, honestly, I don't like some of the points where the old patch data are spawned from, but they were at least somewhat constant.
-- Razorclaw X