StarCraft II HotS Trailer Leaked

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

StarCraft II HotS Trailer Leaked

Post by Church »

Apparently a game site (Gamespot I believe) released a trailer for HotS and then removed it nearly instantly after, but not fast enough for some guys to download it and slap it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlgtIuSbkjM

I myself am considerably confused, I really don't know what direction they're trying to take with this. What are your thoughts?

Edit: Going into more depth of my prior statement, I find this confusing because I thought that this was a Zerg based campaign, yet this trailer has basically (Kerrigan?) no Zerg at all. Not to mention that they HAD Kerrigan at the end of WoL, so what, she got kidnapped or something? I know this is just a teaser trailer, but... really, how exactly is this plot gonna play out?
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: StarCraft II HotS Trailer Leaked

Post by Pr0nogo »

plot
StarCraft II has PLOT?!

On a more serious notion, Heart of the Swarm details Mengsk cloning Kerrigan. Kerrigan is also reinfested somewhere down the line. Mengsk does die at the end of Heart of the Swarm, because Jimmy saves Kerrigan's green ass at the last second.

I don't care that I just spoiled that for anyone; you weren't missing much.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Saw this morning and didn't even feel like it was worth posting about. Just vomit like the rest of hots so far.
Church

Post by Church »

Yeah, I remember seeing the leaked ending. I was under the assumption they changed it BECAUSE somebody leaked the ending... but then again, this is Blizzard, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Mostly my question is, what happens before that ending? This trailer really doesn't give much insight where that is concerned.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

HoTS in a nutshell - Love Triangle. Mengsk really just has a soft spot for redheads and blonde is the new fad, so he had to go the extra mile to get it natural. As it turns out, Kerrigan is a he and not a she, and he becomes mishappy and tries to hide his deadly secret. Raynor discovers after scarcely saving a Mongolian child from the Dark Voice using nothing but the cosmic wind generated by flexing his biceps, then goes on a drunken rampage when he discovers he's been sleeping with transexuals his entire life.

Heart of the Swarm is related to the number of diseases that Raynor contracts over the course of the 69 mission campaign.
SkyStormer17
Resigned! Suspect in Medic's Missing Undergarments scandal

Post by SkyStormer17 »

This is confusing for me too. So, the last time we saw Kerrigan was a naked woman in the middle of an incredibly hot planet. Now she has strange lights on her body like a protoss?. I just hope they didn't deinfest her just to have her infested again, that would be retarded.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

Thats a ghost suit, which apparently everyone is too retarded to see.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I can see it already

Kerrigan: :mad:
Raynor: BUT SARAH-
Raynor: PLZ
Raynor: PLZZZZZZ
Mensgk: :trollface:
Kerrigan: :psyduck:
Raynor: DON'T LET THE HATE KONTROL U
Mengsk: :pokerface:
Kerrigan: I'M SORRY JIMMY, I'M NOT THE MAN YOU ONCE KNEW
Raynor: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Zeratul: I MUST SACRIFICE MYSELF TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE
Mengsk: :trollface:
~xXdArKvOiCeXx~: FUK U
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Hunter_Killers wrote:Thats a ghost suit, which apparently everyone is too retarded to see.
My bad, I didn't recognize it. :P Also, she seems to have lost her zerg-like spiky hair. It would still be crazy if they decide to reinfest her again, though. That would make WoL pretty much pointless.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Lings of Wiberty is pretty much pointless. Well, other than shitting on good story.
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Pr0nogo wrote:Lings of Wiberty is pretty much pointless. Well, other than shitting on good story.
Well, I meant more than it was already. :P
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Haha, yeah. Dunno if you can get much more pointless, though.
Vetraeus
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Vetraeus »

Failure to communicate obvious abstractions is a failure to survive, YOU WILL BE TERMINATED! ---
Do not argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
SkyStormer17

Post by SkyStormer17 »

Pr0nogo wrote:Haha, yeah. Dunno if you can get much more pointless, though.
Yeah, you may be right. When I bought the game, I expected to see something like Raynor making his revolution against Mengsk. And we get it, actually, but just in a few missions. And half of them are not even necessary to complete to finish the campaign. The plot just seem to have been randomly put together.

So the Overmind is a good guy now, because he was controlled by the true bad guy. And all of a sudden, there's a Xel'Naga artifact which can deinfest Kerrigan. And this guy Valerian Mengsk happens to know about it. Oh and yeah, it's the son of that guy who is in the throne of the Dominion and actually was the responsible of her infestation and all the trouble she caused on the Sector. But hey, why can't we be friends? Yeah, and launch a suicide assault on the most Zerg-populated planet in the galaxy!

And all of that, just to see Kerrigan naked on the middle of a volcanic world. Her tits are most important than the billions of people she killed, it seems. :D

Let's see what they do now in HotS. I will buy it just to get a laugh on it. SC1 rules over SC2. Definitely.