Adjutant pic preview

Dtox
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Adjutant pic preview

Post by Dtox »

Hey guys, was wondering if i could get some opinions on this piece im working on of an adjutant. anyform of feedback is appreciated :D

couple of things i wanted to ask.

1. i just wanted to know if posting my pictures here is bothering anyone, just thought id throw the question out there.

2. if anyone wants any kind of picture drawn up, or an idea they have that they want to put to paper, then id be happy to oblige :).

EDIT: whoops! forgot the pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
herpin mah derp like yeah
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Adjutant pic preview

Post by Lavarinth »

Whether it's an issue, I don't mind personally. Moving on- first and foremost the initial things I noticed are literal lips, and hair (including brow and lashes), is there a particular reason you decided to make her more 'real'?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dtox

Post by Dtox »

Lavarinth wrote:Whether it's an issue, I don't mind personally. Moving on- first and foremost the initial things I noticed are literal lips, and hair (including brow and lashes), is there a particular reason you decided to make her more 'real'?
lol yeah, i realized that too.

the initial image i got is something iv been referencing from my memories of browsing through this big book of sc2 concept art (included in the WoL collectors edition), the image of the adjutant was with shiny lips, flakes of hair, eye lashes and eye brows, and so as you might have guessed this image is heavily influenced by that reference.

personally i find the adjutant to be a very attractive concept, its beautiful yet eerie. and so bridging its features from machine > human will hopefully have some people ask "should i be attracted or intrigued?"

of course all of these are still subject to change, i may just erase the eye brows/any and all hair follicles altogether and bring it back to it being mostly machine.

so......you like :D?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I'd love to see it progress, but there's only one thing catching my eye, the bridge between her noes and upper lips makes her nose appear very short. Keep in mind all humans are different in appearance, but here's an example of what I mean. Look right below the nose of your adjutant, and then this image.

I am not saying use this picture, but I am using it to help dictate what I'm trying to describe.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dtox

Post by Dtox »

Lavarinth wrote:I'd love to see it progress, but there's only one thing catching my eye, the bridge between her noes and upper lips makes her nose appear very short. Keep in mind all humans are different in appearance, but here's an example of what I mean. Look right below the nose of your adjutant, and then this image.

I am not saying use this picture, but I am using it to help dictate what I'm trying to describe.
you know iv been looking for the PERFECT side profile of a womans face forever, this is gonna help tremendously ;D

and yes i do notice it, i just KNEW something was up with her nose, but i couldnt put my finger on it.