Blizzard Releases Custom Maps Into Public Beta

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Blizzard Releases Custom Maps Into Public Beta

Post by Lavarinth »

BlizzCon 2010 attendes got a sneak peak at four maps being created by Blizzard Entertainment themselves. Now, a few months later, Blizzard has delivered three of those four maps into Public Beta, allowing all StarCraft 2 players the opportunity to help develop these maps.

The following is an excerpt from Blizzard recent news post in regards to releasing these maps:

Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, and Left 2 Die, three new Blizzard-made custom games for StarCraft II, are now available for beta testing on Battle.net. While these custom games are still under development and we don't yet have a release date to share, we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to test them out and give feedback before they're officially released.

To play the beta versions of Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, or Left 2 Die, simply go to the Multiplayer tab in StarCraft II and look for the custom games window. A few of these games have more than one difficulty setting, so select the level of challenge that's best for you. We hope you enjoy them, and we're looking forward to hearing what you think.

Source: Battle.net
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Re: Blizzard Releases Custom Maps Into Public Beta

Post by DrumsofWar »

Aiur Chef is kind of fun but I couldn't play it more than once or twice. StarJeweled is a nice game and found myself playing it a few times a week; I could see it as a fast alternative to Battlecraft while you're waiting for your SotIS or melee game to start. (Haven't played Left 2 Die yet.)
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

I played Aiur Chef. It was pretty fun. Haven't tried the others yet.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Unfortunately I'm a fan of Starjeweled.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator