Question about iPhone and more (no Apple bashers)

Moderator: Milldawg

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Question about iPhone and more (no Apple bashers)

Post by Legion »

I said "no Apple bashers" because I want informed opinions of Apple users (no, that's not an oxymoron).

I'm thinking about replacing my old iPhone with an iPhone 4. My current one, a 8Gb iPhone 3G, is getting really slow and it crashes so much it's not even funny.

HOWEVER -- iPhone 4 is an exceptionally expensive smartphone.

Also, on a related note -- Any iPad users amongst you? What are your experiences?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Question about iPhone and more (no Apple bashers)

Post by Lavarinth »

I heard the new iPhone is the exact same hardware as the old iPhone minus the front camera.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

I've heard you can't hold it in certain ways or calls will drop.
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Can't you format or reinstall software on your old iPhone to get it working? I seem to recall Apple letting people mess with that stuff a little more now.

I'm still looking for a good smartphone. NexusOne seemed nice until Google discontinued it.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

DrumsofWar wrote:Can't you format or reinstall software on your old iPhone to get it working? I seem to recall Apple letting people mess with that stuff a little more now.

I'm still looking for a good smartphone. NexusOne seemed nice until Google discontinued it.
NexusOne is amazing, actually.

Nexus S tops it, though.
- - Lavarinth
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

My iPhone was thrown (yes thrown) against the floor, smashed to the ground, and it works like a peach. Your Nexus would never have survived. The moral of the story is, never give a girl your phone. If she does try to break it, she'll do a lousy job and throw it like a girl.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Perhaps it only survived because it was thrown like a girl, clearly the Nexus could tolerate the throwing power of a man.
- - Lavarinth
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Hey Legion. You are definitely due to replace your iPhone 3 to an iPhone 4. If you had a 3GS, you'd be okay right now.

It's a tough call, however. In six months, Apple will be introducing their iPhone 5. They always do it in June. You can get the iPhone 4 now, or you can wait to see what new update Apple rolls out in six months. You've gone this long without upgrading. Do you think you can stand a few more months?
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

AA7Dragoon wrote:Hey Legion. You are definitely due to replace your iPhone 3 to an iPhone 4. If you had a 3GS, you'd be okay right now.

It's a tough call, however. In six months, Apple will be introducing their iPhone 5. They always do it in June. You can get the iPhone 4 now, or you can wait to see what new update Apple rolls out in six months. You've gone this long without upgrading. Do you think you can stand a few more months?
I know. 3GS would be great for me. I'm going to wait for iPhone 5. In my country you have to either pay a rediculous amount of money for a neverlocked iPhone 4, or sign up for a contract with one of our telephone companies charging you a monthly of at least 45 euros and an additional 150 euros for the device up front. Either option is going to cost me a least 800 euros.

So, for now, for my calls and text messages, there's my old iPhone 3G.. for everything else.... there's iPad!
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Is it weird that I outgrew all my apps and games? My iPhone is now a glorified phone/mp3 player. Oh, I still use notes. Notes comes in handy.