FFS Event Info and Replays

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: FFS Event Info and Replays

Post by Mucky »

What exactly are the terms of the warranty?

Most warranties where I live don't let you tamper with the computer at ALL. If you remove the HDD, they might send it back without fixing anything.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

At the shop I am, fortunately, they do let you tamper which includes drawing the HD out for backups but ultimately putting back the HD when I bring it to the shop.

However, if I want to ensure that I have my data safe, I will have to do the HD backups by myself with my mother's cpu as they give no guarantee about it. If they do it, it will cost me minimum 160$ CAN (which I find it very ridiculous and that's probably without paying for the storage media for said backup on top of it).

However, the big thing is it might take forever to get my computer fixed hardware-wise.

As I went there, there was a customer besides me that complained that the shop had their computers for 3 days straight just for creating some kind of Windows DVDs or something along those lines for reinstalling purposes (which is a rather straightforward problem). Doesn't help that said customer need his computer for his job (and even losing money) while the "technician boss" basically just say to wait more in a sugarcoated manner yet uncaring way. So for my case which is a hardware that might be NOT obvious to find, it could potentially take quite a while.

Fortunately, I got my laptop to do what I really need to go school-wise but seriously making SC2 maps and playing SC2 will probably wait quite a bit. The closest I might foresee might be just to make W&M public for hosting it (after I recover my data and do the minimum SC2 required stuff on my laptop) but without having the intended publicity and such yet.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So more news : I could plug my HDD into my mother's cpu and then transfer my data into her external HDD (which she has a fitting 666 GB left to get everything I have). I am mostly happy to be able to keep my W&M map which I didn't made a backup on other drives for over 2-3 months.

Thus, normally I should be able to have W&M in a public state (yet "unknown") in time for the next FFS event (unless the SC2 Editor hates my laptop to death or so).

However, if I am unlucky enough, it might take up to 2-3 weeks before I get my main cpu working (in case the technicians at that shop takes forever to fix things).

It's certain that I won't be there for the next FFS as ill only bring my main CPU tomorrow or after-tomorrow to the shop again.
Bishotron
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Bishotron »

SoI have a question.

Is there an organized schedule for online games? a calendar or something? Or do large FFA's and custom games happen more spontaneously?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

every saturday night
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

To be more precise, every Saturday at 9:00 PM on GMT-5 (Time zone).

GMT-5 being Eastern Time (more or less the east coast of Canada and USA)
Bishotron

Post by Bishotron »

Well BUGGER! Here I am waiting all week and SC won;t run, going on about some sort of memory checksum error, bloody PC!
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Bishotron wrote:Well BUGGER! Here I am waiting all week and SC won;t run, going on about some sort of memory checksum error, bloody PC!
Ouch, might be your RAM or something.

Meanwhile, my main computer is still in repairs and my laptop is too weak to run SC2 any half-reasonably.
Bishotron

Post by Bishotron »

Who did get to play tonight? Want to view the replays.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Bishotron wrote:Who did get to play tonight? Want to view the replays.
I know that Krazy, Mucky, Quantum_Menace (Xenon) and some other 4th person started it out. Alevice was also there but was shortly disconnected inside their first game. After that, since I couldn't play with my bad laptop, I just went offline of SC2.

After that, I know that they started out on my W&M public map. I remember Krazy complaining that it was 2 warlords, 3 merchants (Alevice probably being one of them thus it went down to 2 merchants early on). Odds are it was Krazy vs Mucky as warlords but I can't confirm it. :p

As for replays themselves, I also want to get the replays off them.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

It was Mucky and me as Warlords. My game basically completely fell apart immediately and to me, it wasn't an interesting replay.

After that, we played Resident Evil: Outbreak. Not an altogether bad run considering almost no one had played before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bishotron

Post by Bishotron »

Yess YESS!!! My computer is fixed! Look out world this Sat I shall promise ye all EPIC FFA Action as I lay waste to all of you! MWA HA HA!!!
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Bishotron wrote:Yess YESS!!! My computer is fixed! Look out world this Sat I shall promise ye all EPIC FFA Action as I lay waste to all of you! MWA HA HA!!!
Good, as mine is also fixed. :p
Bishotron

Post by Bishotron »

You know, this shouldn't bare repeating But...

If you are in an FFA< for the love of god Finish someone off if you have superior numbers!!! I just did a 45min FFA in which I won ONLY because every time I was attacked the attacker destroyed an expansion, and then promptly went back to their base and sat on a huge army. Protoss player (no surprise) flew around with TWENTY void rays, took out a zerg player and then went back to his base, and sat on HIS hunches. Terran PLayer built aup a huge Bio Ball and some tanks that could have wiped me aside as well but never bothered to even scout me again after his first few attacks.

I should have been dead four or five times over but needed up winning.

Oh yeah, and I played zerg too, I NEVER play zerg.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Bishotron wrote:You know, this shouldn't bare repeating But...

If you are in an FFA< for the love of god Finish someone off if you have superior numbers!!! I just did a 45min FFA in which I won ONLY because every time I was attacked the attacker destroyed an expansion, and then promptly went back to their base and sat on a huge army. Protoss player (no surprise) flew around with TWENTY void rays, took out a zerg player and then went back to his base, and sat on HIS hunches. Terran PLayer built aup a huge Bio Ball and some tanks that could have wiped me aside as well but never bothered to even scout me again after his first few attacks.

I should have been dead four or five times over but needed up winning.

Oh yeah, and I played zerg too, I NEVER play zerg.
Well, it depends, maybe they play "safe" according to their mindset. There is little point wiping out Enemy #1 if Enemy #2 charges in your base (while your army is at Enemy #1's main base) and destroy it. Maybe what might happened is that there was said interference all the time and they pulled back.

In our FFAs, we do tend to let other players alive if there they only have a few buildings left. Usually so that they can scout a bit and such to attempt to view the rest of the game (rather being out of the game and just plain wait).