Legacy of the Confederation Reaches Milestone

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Legacy of the Confederation Reaches Milestone

Post by Lavarinth »

The Oracle, creator of the series Legacy of the Confederation, has just completed his first major milestone for his full scale StarCraft 2 version of his classic campaign. Below is an excerpt from his recent post regarding hitting this difficult milestone.

All voices for episodes 1, 2 and 3 have been recorded. A total of 46 actors participated in the project and to them I extend my most heartfelt gratitude. While I still have post-production editing to do on a lot of these sounds, having them all finally 'in the can' is a huge leap forward for the campaign.

He included some statistics on just how incredibly large the collection of vocal audio spans at this moment:

Over 13 hours of dialogue spanning all 3 episodes
The actors breathed life into a total of 302 characters (including major characters to bit characters with just 1 line)
The actors also breathed life into a total of 21 new units (6 for Episode 1; 15 for Episodes 2 and 3)
More than 6,000 individual recordings

You can read about it more on his thread, and comment or discuss with him as he's available for questions. He left us at the end with some great words:

Thanks guys for watching and waiting; I PROMISE you your wait will be well worth it.

-Oracle

Source: HUGE LOTC MILESTONE 10-31-10
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: Legacy of the Confederation Reaches Milestone

Post by Alevice »

It will be far more of a mileston for me when he finished at least 50% maps. Now thats a leap
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Legacy of the Confederation Reaches Milestone

Post by IskatuMesk »

For me the biggest milestone will come if he can conquer the logistics of actually playing the campaign at all.