lol blizzard

they cant even run good cons anymore
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: BlizzCon

Post by Xenon »

That depends on which meaning of "con" you're using...
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Dual-wielding crossbows sounds like it came from the guy who invented sword-chucks.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Wait, it's actually CALLED Blizzard DOTA? I thought they would have at least come up with a name for it, or something. Although when they're also making LEFT 2 DIE, I should expect too much.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

StarCraft 2 Custom Maps conclusion: Perhaps the capabilities of editing are so extreme that they are indeed considered... Mods.
10 hours ago
You see its a hilarious joke because its really easy to make the game look entirely different when you have the tools to do it, the community on the other hand is fucked entirely.

We won't be seeing a Open Rebellion, Dominion War or countless others in SC2 ever if something doesn't change drastically.
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Well, it's inevitable that the game will be broken. We'll just have to see how Blizzard reacts when the SC2 equivalent of Camsys comes along that tries to break or push the engine faster than Blizzard will either allow or be capable of.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Or more importantly, private servers with local hosting that avoids the horrible restrictions, and a fixed interface.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

StarCraft 2 Custom Maps conclusion: Perhaps the capabilities of editing are so extreme that they are indeed considered... Mods.
I don't know if this is a really pathetic joke or a comment derived of legendary levels of ignorance. There is no "levels of extreme editing", there are simple and arbitrary environmental differences. Diablo 2 for example can't have anything but mods, even if they are simple map terrain changes, because of how the mods are run and structured.

Silly mexikans.
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

RazorclawX wrote:Dual-wielding crossbows sounds like it came from the guy who invented sword-chucks.

As for sword-chucks, it was Fighter from 8-bit Theater who invented them.

Which has since spawned tributes such as:

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Hunter_Killers wrote:We won't be seeing a Open Rebellion, Dominion War or countless others in SC2 ever if something doesn't change drastically.
Why not? Other than the fact (currently) it'd per map.

Also one interesting conclusion: Blizzard has mod loaders. All four maps played searched replace the Battle.net screen with a "Play" screen with their own splash screens, at which point it searches for the players (you aren't connected yet), bypassing the traditional interface altogether. Meaning.. Mod loaders exist, they just aren't public.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

AKA Blizzard is using a custom client at BlizzCon the public will never see, its not the first time they've used a different client for shows.

The per map limitation is the entire problem with their system along with being limited by space because they have this assbackwards feeling they need to test the waters with 10mb first.

Look at this way, if you ever plan on doing more than 1 mod/tc (hell even just 1) you are going to be extremely limited in what you will even have to play on at all and if someone wants to make a map for your mod they are going to need YOUR mod files providing they aren't locked.

Every single mod will end up needing its own specialy uploaded maps even if they are the EXACT SAME THING, coupled with being limited to publishing maps where there will always be a limit thats very bad.

Does anyone understand why this system is such fail yet?
Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Archangel »

I can't believe half the crew from CC was at Blizzcon and you all let this travesty of nerdgasms and egosterbation continue UNINTERRUPTED.

I had given you guys gold. GOLD. All you had to do was cash in. Bunch of spineless monkeys is what you are.
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Lavarinth wrote:I just got my ass handed to me by Blizzard. I will never ask another panel question.
Yeah, that was awful. I actually went through the YouTube videos, found the clip of you in it, and cried afterwards. It's not like Blizzard didn't refute your question, it's just that it was so badly worded and vague, that they didn't know how to answer it.

It's a good thing you're cute. :explain:
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Lavarinth wrote:
Hunter_Killers wrote:We won't be seeing a Open Rebellion, Dominion War or countless others in SC2 ever if something doesn't change drastically.
Why not? Other than the fact (currently) it'd per map.
FUCKING FACE PALM
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

AA7Dragoon wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:I just got my ass handed to me by Blizzard. I will never ask another panel question.
Yeah, that was awful. I actually went through the YouTube videos, found the clip of you in it, and cried afterwards. It's not like Blizzard didn't refute your question, it's just that it was so badly worded and vague, that they didn't know how to answer it.

It's a good thing you're cute. :explain:
Post. Link. Noa!