Blizzard bans another map

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Blizzard bans another map

Post by Xenon »

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/832103874
Nexus Word Wars was banned from Battle.net, and I can't publish it again.

Blizzard just sent me an email explaining why:

Offense: Inappropriate Map published under this account was found to have contained:* Inappropriate words above some mobs (ex: dyke)
Having a game pick random words out of a 32000 word list? You can't do that!

At this rate they'll probably ban Sorcerer TD beause this might be the most effective pathing pattern:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Blizzard bans another map

Post by IskatuMesk »

I lol'd
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Dyke or dike may refer to: Dyke (construction) or levee, a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels;
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I was thinking of having W&M publicly fairly soon but with that, I guess it will wait even longer. They still don't even give a warning and just plain ban instead.
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Blizzard replied and said they'd look into it but added that dyke was the least of the many offensive words they found in the map. (It's not like Blizzard is going to say, "We are banning your map because of the word 'anus-fisting doucheglutton'.")

It'd still be much simpler to just set an optional filter for the maps, so users can block the more "obscene" content.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

how about Blizzard just adds local hosting and we use a system that has proven to work?
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Yeah, I dont know why cant we have the best of both worlds and have both (maybe offline hosting is only allowed to parties). I hate testing my current ultra secret awesome and badass map online becuase if fucking chnages version, and it is still a fucking alpha.
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

This really discourages people from working on any SC2 map or project. I think I'll stick with SC1. Not that it has so cool looking graphics not so modern engines and editor's potential, but still cool, easier to mod/terrain/map/trigger (well, pretty much everything) and not controlled by this new authoritarian Blizzard's rule which is pretty much based in "Map we don't like, map we ban. Oh, and by the way, you won't be able reupload the map again even if it has been fixed. Enjoy the game!". I'll still practising with SC2 editor, but won't risk to publish any map... at least, of course, until Blizzard changes its poicies... oh, well, but we can all dream, can't we?
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Actually tank wars was fixed and the map was unbanned. The non preemptive warning is totally lame.