It's September! New iPods!

Moderator: Milldawg

wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: It's September! New iPods!

Post by wibod »

man, how the hell is making comparisons and saying the ipod is inferior some sort of sin? being like "oh your informed opinions and personal experience with shit is bad", i'd rather have some anecdotal evidence or at least have used the thing you're trashing for some decent amount of time instead of taking the typical mac users approach of "lol apple is win hurr durr" and being smug cause it's not STEVE JOBS BRAINCHILD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

DrumsofWar wrote:The whole argument is kind of pointless considering that the hardware is similar between Apple, Creative, and Microsoft. Your main reasons for picking any of them over the other are:

1) Price
2) Warranty
3) Convienence
4) What Others Think of Your Product (Marketing or General Consumer Opinion)

Microsoft and Creative arguably have 1 or 2 of the 4 while Apple can claim 3 or 4, hence its market share.
personally I find my creative zen's featureset (such as not having to fuck around with iTunes for example) more convenient than my old iPod's native firmware (but not as convenient as the 3rd-party firmware I installed on my iPod :()

but yeah, there are some people who I would probably recommend an iPod for, one good thing about Apple is they actually make shit that n00bs can use

edit: also lol, people actually bought microsoft's shit?!
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

wibod wrote:man, how the hell is making comparisons and saying the ipod is inferior some sort of sin? being like "oh your informed opinions and personal experience with shit is bad", i'd rather have some anecdotal evidence or at least have used the thing you're trashing for some decent amount of time instead of taking the typical mac users approach of "lol apple is win hurr durr" and being smug cause it's not STEVE JOBS BRAINCHILD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
lol

Who said anything about sins hahaha? What I keep saying is that people IMMEDIATELY react this way (calling it fanboyism, blind adoration whatever) whenever Apple releases something OR somebody says "Look what Apple made!"

As for your attempted argument, why would I spend money and time on other products when I feel that Apple's products satisfy my needs? Way I see it, it's okay for "other" users to bash Apple's stuff and specifically the people who love their products, but it's not so okay for Apple users to do the same thing back. This, to me, would mean that Microsoft/Creative/Other users are maybe not so convinced by their own arguments... if I cared. :P

Oh, and I never said "iPods are teh BETTER!!!!" I said "Apple has released new iPods." Look at you now.

edit:
Taeradun wrote: but yeah, there are some people who I would probably recommend an iPod for, one good thing about Apple is they actually make shit that n00bs can use
Can't believe you actually said that. lol, that is such a nerd thing to say. You mean to say there are "expert" users? HAHAHA
Last edited by Legion on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

well that's how most things work these days
Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

Legion wrote:... In case you didn't know.

http://www.apple.com/

Now,all you Windows nerds, it's time for an old-fashioned Apple-bashing. :P
posting about a nonevent with explicit trollbait in the OP

this thread is terrible and everyone who posted in it should feel terrible
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Taeradun wrote:
Legion wrote:... In case you didn't know.

http://www.apple.com/

Now,all you Windows nerds, it's time for an old-fashioned Apple-bashing. :P
posting about a nonevent with explicit trollbait in the OP

this thread is terrible and everyone who posted in it should feel terrible
Um, nonevent? Okay, in that case, let's call half the threads here terrible. Trollbait? Not my problem people are so easy.

But it's not funny anymore, I agree. Clearly, mentioning Apple or their products attracts this kind of reaction. I should've known better than to try and find out why some people are desperately trying to make Apple customers look like fools. We just like these things -- BIG DEAL. We'll never be as good and as smart as you, but we can get by.

Have a nice day.:)
Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

Legion wrote:but we can get by.
lol that's what I was saying too

on the other hand it's not that often someone makes an attention whoring thread about something irrelevant that Microsoft does, though
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Taeradun wrote:

on the other hand it's not that often someone makes an attention whoring thread about something irrelevant that Microsoft does, though
Why's that, you think?
Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

buggered if I know, I'm not a psychologist
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

Legion wrote:
Taeradun wrote:

Why's that, you think?
Because Microsoft doesn't do anything.
GreatGodSajuuk
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by GreatGodSajuuk »

Legion, why are macs more expensive than the extremely overpriced Alienware monsters?
I see no reason for their prices seriously.

And do not even TRY to go the "mac design" route. Most of the parts they include are not made by them, their motherboards and cases cannot possibly be made out of such expensive parts for them to bring a mac that is a very average specced computer over the price of a dual hd5770 i7 Alienware.
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Taeradun: Zunes sold fairly well to those who didn't like iPods but didn't know that Creative made sound cards/audio equipment. The docking also made them pretty attractive to people who wanted to directly exchange songs without the need for a computer or the Internet.

P.S. Don't look up docking on Urban Dictionary.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Legion wrote:Oh, and I never said "iPods are teh BETTER!!!!" I said "Apple has released new iPods." Look at you now.
Legion wrote:Funny how everyone says "other stuff" is better than Apple's every time Apple products come up.

As for the "durability" arguments... Who wants their shitty brick like a Creative or some other brandless Mp3 player (or haha, Zune) to last 3+ years anyway?
Enjoying hopping that fence? All you've been doing is spewing drivel.
Legion wrote:Way I see it, it's okay for "other" users to bash Apple's stuff and specifically the people who love their products, but it's not so okay for Apple users to do the same thing back. This, to me, would mean that Microsoft/Creative/Other users are maybe not so convinced by their own arguments... if I cared.
1) Still posting in this thread.
2) Retarded hipster fanboy in denial.
3) Trying to find deeper meaning behind posts and failing.
4) You have been getting trolled this entire time.

I'm using Vista over 7, feel free to make yourself look like a tool more than you already have.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

DrumsofWar wrote:P.S. Don't look up docking on Urban Dictionary.
or encyclopedia dramatica