Legacy of the Confederation Q & A Session

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

1N73RC3P70R
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Re: Legacy of the Confederation Q & A Session

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

will u make a model for THE ORACLE? or u plan to skip the epic monster part like last time XDXDXD

and if u do plan to make..what will it be like? will it be big or small? or ugly? or shapeshifter?
Last edited by 1N73RC3P70R on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F.E.A.R. ME!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

This has yet to be determined.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

The Oracle wrote: This has yet to be determined.
I'll determine you!  Yeah, tell me that doesn't make any sense.  I dare you, I DARE YOU!
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
staredcraft
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by staredcraft »

Hey Oracle question,when you remake Episode 19, you going to still use the GTA-Style Radio that made that level so gosh darn hilarious? Seriously the humor in LOTC was very well done IMO and that was the best moment in teh whole game IMHO
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

@staredcraft

Mission 19 will not have the "Kid Morning" radio thing. I thought about it a lot when I wrote the script for that. In the end, the pacing of the campaign at that point (and the dark tone) would be interrupted. So unfortunately, I can't include that.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Here's a question - do you have a ridiculously evil character you need a ridiculously evil voice for?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

The Oracle wrote:@staredcraft

Mission 19 will not have the "Kid Morning" radio thing. I thought about it a lot when I wrote the script for that. In the end, the pacing of the campaign at that point (and the dark tone) would be interrupted. So unfortunately, I can't include that.
But I can easily imitate him :'(
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

@Mesk: The most ridiculous of the ridiculous have already been voiced :P
johnnythewolf
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by johnnythewolf »

So, how's work on the campaign going? You wrote before that mapping would be the easiest part of the project. Is it the case?

Also, are the custom portraits going to be animated or will they be 2D? Not that any of us would care (at least, I hope so), but the (painted?) portraits on the website are already damn impressive, plus they seem to fit the in-game portrait template.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

We know you have been messing around with the editor. Are there any things that took you a while to figure out that you can mention that would save others time?

Also, is there anything you just can't seem to get working?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The Oracle wrote:@Mesk: The most ridiculous of the ridiculous have already been voiced :P
What, and you didn't ask me? So now you're saying my amazing new TGD voice is never going to be used for anything?!

Well that's a bucket of gay.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

@Johnnythewolf

So, how's work on the campaign going? You wrote before that mapping would be the easiest part of the project. Is it the case?

**I have not begun any mapping or triggering for the missions yet. I might start terraining in the near future but triggers and unit placement will wait until custom graphics are in. And to answer your question, it's not the easiest but by far is the least time consuming. Auditioning for voice actors, reconciling raw samples to the scripts, script re-writes and dialogue retakes, and master editing of every sound takes much...much longer. I imagine it will take anywhere from 3-5 days to trigger and test a map once the terrain is done, depending on the complexity. If I get a full weekend and don't do it at night after work...maybe just a couple days for a map.**

Also, are the custom portraits going to be animated or will they be 2D? Not that any of us would care (at least, I hope so), but the (painted?) portraits on the website are already damn impressive, plus they seem to fit the in-game portrait template.

**This is not certain yet. 2D for sure though if nothing else.**

@Maglok

We know you have been messing around with the editor. Are there any things that took you a while to figure out that you can mention that would save others time?

Also, is there anything you just can't seem to get working?

**Variables are the key to everything as far as getting units to do what you want them to do. Also, multi-condition triggers save a lot of time and confusion (eliminating the need for switches as they were in the SC1 editor). There is nothing I've needed the map editor to do that I couldn't get working except 'set next scenario.'
dreamerhorwitz

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

If this has already been asked, my apologies. Will there be any added storylines to the original campaigns or is the original story going to be preserved and unchanged?
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

@dreamer

Some of the story has changed very much; some of it is very much the same.
dreamerhorwitz

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

The Oracle wrote:@dreamer

Some of the story has changed very much; some of it is very much the same.
Good to know.