First Impressions (spoilers obv)

Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: First Impressions (spoilers obv)

Post by Xenon »

This, and the messed-up teams. And that only the host can change teams/set spectators. Sigh.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Xenon wrote:This, and the messed-up teams. And that only the host can change teams/set spectators. Sigh.
I think what's even more worse is when you have a team thingy that you CLEARLY should be able to change player teams but by some magical hell of software issues, you can essentially try to put 1 minute per player to make them switch teams because your same usual action to switch teams like in melee games seems to not work.

... And then often only arriving to Xenon said. To be more precise, let's say Players 1 to 8 arrive, "map teams" are set up to Player 1 to 5 then Player 6 to 10. Thus even if you believe you managed to make the teams equal (ex : Player 5 into the 2nd team) , the game still ALLY the players like if they were in their original team slots regardless of the host modifications.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

looool
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

The game is quickly becoming irrelevant outside of melee and campaign, which doesn't have nearly enough lasting power. Wc3/TFT had a much better pool of people to play on the ranges of melee whereas SC2 starts slowing down the more people you queue up.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

There is also another big issue at end but with censoring / inappropriate content.

Considering how there is already that got a multiplayer map removed for supposed "inappropriate content". The "bad" content? It's a defense map that with how the enemy waves arrive, it forms some kind of symbol accidentally (as in it's wasn't in his intentions) that COULD be offensive. I think it also had "ass" and some other offensive word and that's it. A map without any real intentions to be offensive.

In a flash without warnings, the map was removed and the creator lost his map publishing "privileges" over that, he had contact Blizzard just to know WHY it was removed just to know the reasons above. A friend of his had to have a copy of the map from him, modify it to satisfy the Blizzard's complains and reupload the modified version in his stead.

The author didn't have a single warning to modify his map to comply to Blizzard's demands. Just plain punished, that's it.

The map in question is Tank Defense (probably be a renamed map name) which you can see lately as the 2nd to 6th map to play in the popular list.

Thus, it adds even more doubt in the grand scheme of things, will you get hastily punished next just because you just didn't comply 110% to the rules to the letter? Mesk posted that rule sheet's link somewhere.

Supposedly Blizzard are looking to have some system to warn you if your published project don't comply to them although in the meantime, it adds yet another bad taste in the mouth.

EDIT : Also forgot to mention all the hours that the author did spent on the map and having consequences in probably in a matter of minutes of decision from whoever Blizzard employee that decided this fate.

EDIT 2 : Re-checked about it and for the symbol, it's a swastika made by a single specific enemy wave by pure accident and the word "ass" was in a "bad-ass final stage" string of the map.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

In the campaign guys say shit and drink copious amounts of alcohol and there is a shitton of violence I wouldn't normally expect in a T game. Censoring maps is an unnecessary side effect of Blizzard forcing themselves in a corner through removing local hosting. A huge fucking disaster and yet another fatal blow to custom content as a whole. If you ever wanted a company to use as an example of how NOT to handle a game, Blizzard's your best bet, followed by Relic and ZuxxeZ in hot pursuit.

God, it's like people with big chairs TRY to do the stupidest shit imaginable. You don't need to be an egghead pen-pushing cocksucker to know how stupid any of this is.
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

They're slowly trying to kill everything video game related.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

That must be it. Infiltrate, make a game, so you can destroy the business!

... Wait what?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have no idea.
staredcraft
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by staredcraft »

Personally I don't blame Blizzard for anything BN2.0 related, I blame Activision for that
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I blame Blizzard for getting themselves into this mess in the first place. Besides, a fairly reliable source told me that Activision is not to blame. I trust him with my virginity.
staredcraft

Post by staredcraft »

IskatuMesk wrote:I blame Blizzard for getting themselves into this mess in the first place. Besides, a fairly reliable source told me that Activision is not to blame. I trust him with my virginity.
Eh actually it was the company Blizzard was a part of, Vivendi Games, that got merged with Activision, so Blizzard came along for the ride.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

They should have jumped ship and formed a new company called Bluzzard.
staredcraft

Post by staredcraft »

IskatuMesk wrote:They should have jumped ship and formed a new company called Bluzzard.
Now you're grabbing at straws man
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

no seriously

Arena.net did it, it worked out for them just fine.

Flagship studios had the right idea... they just kinda tripped and fell on a bed of spikes.

50/50 is good odds in this business