All Campaign Achievements Completed

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

All Campaign Achievements Completed

Post by RazorclawX »

Yes, I got them all, including the Hard mode ones. The most difficult ones for me were:

All In - Use the Artifact only ONCE

The hardest thing about this one is you can't lose a lot of units to Kerrigan. I chose the mission to destroy the fliers, so I dealt with Nydus worms instead. I massed siege tanks at the choke points and had Banshees run around killing the worms, then had the Banshees bait Kerrigan's Psionic Storm so she would run out of energy (although she did keep burning the liftoff ability on my tanks). Toward the end the Nydus Worms get Overseers and Spore crawlers helping them, so the Banshees became nearly worthless, so after several reloads I resorted to dropping Nukes on them with my Ghosts. Once the energy got to around 92% I hit the Artifact wave so I could save my Siege tanks, then abandoned the choke points and redeployed them and my remaining Banshees around the artifact, and let the remaining Zerg run free in my base. When Kerrigan came around for the last time I sacrificed my Banshees to her and the tanks blew her to hell.

Media Blitz - Finish mission in 20 minutes

There's other timed missions, but this one was the most difficult for me and I had to reload a number of times because I didn't stand on the beacons soon enough. I definitely needed the Odin to guard each point, and I had to spam upgraded Goliaths to take out the air units for it. The first five minutes I blew up all the Factories in the middle base and all the unit producers in the right base. I took the media tower in the right base first with the Odin and my starting units, then moved to the left base when I finished pumping out enough Goliaths and hit that tower. Unfortunately the timer (you can check this on your Autosave, it shows the time) wasn't being nice to me and I had only 3 minutes to get to the middle tower. That involved me pre-starting the uplink before the Odin could get there, but once it did the rest went downhill.

I had to use similar tactics for the orbital platform mission, but that one I only needed to reload a couple times just to figure out a better way to suicide run my units.

Nydus Worm mission - kill 50 units with Raynor's rifle

This was more RNG than anything, but the room I used was in the second cave. I cleared out the area with the first two Infestors and stopped at the area where Tychus said there were a bunch of uglies in the cave. Then here I threw down the flame turret as a distraction and pulled the trash in the next room.

I kept getting things ranging from 43 to 48 kills with the rifle here, but I finally got it.

The Dig - Destroy 50 Protoss structures with the drill

Only difficult made by the fact all the bases are surrounded by cannons, cannons, cannons. I tried to use aerial spotters for this, but they kept getting shot down. What I finally ended up doing was building EXTRA Command Centers with the Orbital relay and using Scanner Sweep chaining to blow up the base on the right (they don't have probes, so they never rebuild). The mission itself is otherwise very easy, but you still have to destroy all 50 buildings before you break open the temple door, which is the REAL time constraint you're working with (massing Siege tanks and Missile turrets makes everything lolworthy as long as you use the drill on the Colossi)
Last edited by RazorclawX on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Re: All Campaign Achievements Completed

Post by Xelxiuz »

T_T I only like the ones that give icons, and even then most of them are meh. Still, pretty amazing I only know like 10% of my friends list who got what you have though I'm not sure if difficulty makes a huge difference.
Last edited by Xelxiuz on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Included the 'finish all 29 maps on brutal'? Impressive. :) I am not that good (yet).
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Maglok wrote: Included the 'finish all 29 maps on brutal'? Impressive. :) I am not that good (yet).
Uh, no. Every map in the campaign has a Hard mode achievement.

I also skipped the Lost Viking in favor of Hard mode. Controlling Lost Viking is just as unwieldy as controlling my own shooter, which is pretty disappointing.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Way to go, RCX!  And thanks for the tips!  They'll come in handy.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Yeah Lost Viking is annoying the crap outta me! :P
- Maglok
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

I actually thought that Lost Viking was really easy.  It took me, like, three tries to get gold.  The only annoying part was that each try took forever.

Also, it doesn't say it anywhere, but you can use the WASD keys to move, and I think that they work better than the arrows, for some reason.  I seemed to not be able to move in certain diagonal directions with the arrow keys, but I could manage all eight with WASD.  And if you hit space repeatedly, you can fire faster than you do by holding it down.

Other than that, just get two plasma cannons, or whatever, and then make sure you keep two drones all the time.  They blow up if you take a hit, instead of you.  And they have handy seeking missiles.  They don't do much damage but they'll kill most of the little things.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

That is some interesting news Mr. I didn't know I could fire faster with hitting spacebar faster. :) Thanks, will try that.
- Maglok