In case of fire

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

In case of fire

Post by IskatuMesk »

I know some of you use shitty computers so if your temps start getting wacko or sc2 acts funny you might want to check this out.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/28/blizzard-confirms-starcraft-ii-overheating-bug.aspx
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: In case of fire

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

While I don't have a scrap computer, it did use my video card much more (fans spins much more, much more noisy than usual) than I remember for the relatively same intended "activity".

Could help a lot before my video card gets a real issue.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

If your video card has good cooling it won't matter. But as many Nvidia cards have shitty cooling and overheat really easily, those are the ones that have died the most (especially 8800's from what I read).

So, if you have that problem, that's how you can fix it before you choose to eventually replace your leafblower anyway.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

:-\
I certainly use nVidia, and it's a good thing they brought this up.
It's gonna be awhile before I get to getting improved an improved video card and additional ram and HD (mostly cause, right now, my computer can't run shit-worth of SC2 beta phase 2 on recommended settings, according to Mucky).

That adds another thing to my list of reasons why I didn't rush to get SC2 straight away. It pays to be a patient asshole. 8)
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
GreatGodSajuuk
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by GreatGodSajuuk »

My 4870 shrugged it off without any big difference in temps. This aftermarket cooler is rather nice I say.
[imgwh 621x144]http://i.imagehost.org/0709/TuningFail.png[/imgwh]
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Well, did play alot of times SC II beta with my 8600 GT and didn't do much things.  Except for, of course, that freezing and crashing thing, but I suppose it's with the inside game coding.  Not to mention I have 8-9 GB RAM memory, which contributes for the game to run smoothly.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link