IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

With the release of StarCraft 2 imminent, what are your plans for getting it?

Poll runs till Sun Feb 12, 2051 5:58 am

I have mine pre-ordered, grabbing it at midnight
10%
Pre-ordered it, but not gonna be one of the people waiting outside the door
10%
Have mine ordered online for arriving the day of release. I'll be sitting by my mailbox.
20%
I'll pick one up the day of. They won't sell out.
7%
I'll get mine a bit after it's been out. Not in any hurry.
33%
Played the beta/watched the coverage and wasn't impressed. We'll see IF I get it.
20%
I've lost all hope/I'm not interested. Not getting it. Ever.
No votes

Total votes: 30

thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post by thebrowncloud »

Found out today that my GameStop is officially NOT doing a midnight release..... fml.
1N73RC3P70R wrote: the normal game is about the same as the first 1
I disagree.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

I'll be playing Alien Swarm in the meantime.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

thebrowncloud wrote: Found out today that my GameStop is officially NOT doing a midnight release..... fml.
I disagree.
how can you disagree? it's about controlling an army of guys and your objective is to kill another army of guys. it's also the same three armies of guys from the first game.

granted, there are "different" units, but they still balance out so it doesn't really matter. there are other notable differences but not too different to make it a different game experience.

i'd say "about the same as the first 1" is right.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Same premise, much simpler and lower of a skill ceiling.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Legion wrote:
thebrowncloud wrote: Found out today that my GameStop is officially NOT doing a midnight release..... fml.
I disagree.
how can you disagree? it's about controlling an army of guys and your objective is to kill another army of guys. it's also the same three armies of guys from the first game.
You just desribed the vanilla multiplayer of every RTS in history. However, the custom games, as interceptor stated, will add some variety to the online play, but there is also an entire single-player experience to consider, which is going to be drastically different from the first. Instead of bland "destroy their base and everything in it," objectives, there will be more specific, story-driven ones that make more logical sense. This will add enormous variety to the missions, compared to the first one. In regards to the campaign, "about the same as the first one" is wrong. Did you guys really forget about that? This site is still about campaigns, isn't it?
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

thebrowncloud wrote:
Legion wrote:
I disagree.
You just desribed the vanilla multiplayer of every RTS in history. However, the custom games, as interceptor stated, will add some variety to the online play, but there is also an entire single-player experience to consider, which is going to be drastically different from the first. Instead of bland "destroy their base and everything in it," objectives, there will be more specific, story-driven ones that make more logical sense. This will add enormous variety to the missions, compared to the first one. In regards to the campaign, "about the same as the first one" is wrong. Did you guys really forget about that? This site is still about campaigns, isn't it?
i've read all the starcraft 2 promotional texts and features. i know what to expect in terms of story-driven missions and whatnot.

no one said the campaigns are going to be the same as the first. we said the game itself is going to be. and it is. :P

i don't understand mesks comment but i'm guessing it's to do with my slightly off-topic discussion here. and since mesk is always sticking to the topic at hand, he has every right to speak.  ::)

disclaimer: this is all in good fun. please do not send me anymore hatemail, cc goers.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

what I'm saying is that trolls are trolling trolls that are trolling other trolls

basically you guys are like a bunch of greasy schoolgirls in a cat fight about nailpolish.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: what I'm saying is that trolls are trolling trolls that are trolling other trolls

basically you guys are like a bunch of greasy schoolgirls in a cat fight about nailpolish.
that image makes me hard.
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

I'll get mine a bit after it's been out. Not in any hurry.
I'll probably buy it ~September or early October, which is when I'll have a proper computer and money to buy the game. :)