Starcraft: Survivors Cinematic

WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Starcraft: Survivors Cinematic

Post by WB »

Yea, I know. What I meant is that the face has been given additional detail and definition. The player will never ever see that face in the course of a regular game.

Two Steps From Hell-Starvation
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: Playing sc2 on a laptop? Why do people do this to themselves? Masochists.
some people just don't like big ole clunky devices. the ones who do are the real masochists.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Nothing clunky about RAW POWER
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

I agree.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

In my personal case, I tend to be someone who very often stays at home rather than going out on top preferring playing games that often requires raw power. Also on a same power level, desktops are often much less expansive than laptops.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Easier to replace parts on a desktop, too. I love the portability of laptops, but I would never expect it to be a lasting gaming machine.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I own a laptop exclusively for writing and watching movies at the odd time as well as playing music when I am sleeping. I can probably play some weaker games on it like wc3, but you know what? If I wanted to play games I'd buy a $2600 Desktop that will last me for years and years, won't overheat, is easy to maintain and service and is superior in every production sense possible.

Oh wait.

Amusingly enough the only demanding game I play regularly is WoW.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: Nothing clunky about RAW POWER
raw power is a myth. don't let anybody tell you different.

edit:

i can use any computer i want to use, i have a couple, but i have to say i use my laptop for most everything i do.

for games, i use the playstation 3. big, black machine. works with your tv. you might have heard of it.
Last edited by Legion on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yes, I have a ps3 too. But it doesn't have the selection of games PC does. No console does or ever will.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: Yes, I have a ps3 too. But it doesn't have the selection of games PC does. No console does or ever will.
yeah, that's what they keep telling us.

then again, i'd rather have a smaller selection of games and be able to play them all than have an infinite number of games available that you need to keep updating your shit for. not to mention the fact that most pc-only games aren't really worth your time anyway! ;)

imho, a pc makes for a very awkward console with its, you know, OS.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't get your argument at all. The OS is a huge advantage. Can you mod games on a console? No. Can you make campaigns on a console? No. You want to download maps/updates? Enjoy paying $15 a pop for each map!

Consoles do not compete with PC's no matter how you look at it. You can get mid-range hardware that will run things top for 3-4 years and enjoy everything inbetween. Now don't get me wrong I love my ps3, but it doesn't compare to a good PC.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

IskatuMesk wrote: I don't get your argument at all. The OS is a huge advantage. Can you mod games on a console? No. Can you make campaigns on a console? No. You want to download maps/updates? Enjoy paying $15 a pop for each map!

Consoles do not compete with PC's no matter how you look at it. You can get mid-range hardware that will run things top for 3-4 years and enjoy everything inbetween. Now don't get me wrong I love my ps3, but it doesn't compare to a good PC.
i wasn't really making a point. i think i just don't see computers the way (and anyone here) sees them. these days, i use consoles for gaming and computers for work, music and other entertainment. i don't really spend a lot of time on either.

but anyway -- the OS a huge advantage? to you, maybe. i feel that getting anything to do anything on a pc is ultimately more trouble than it's worth, but i GET it. it's fun, it's entertaining and it's sometimes even very close to creative.

as for your ps3/pc comment -- very true. however, if i spend 399 on a ps3 i can play ANYTHING out there designed for a ps3. that's definitely not how it works with pcs. you can spend all your money on a very fancy machine, only to find out you can't really play the next big hit. i don't care about games looking EVEN MORE AMAZING on a GOOD PC, i just want to be able to play them, period. pcs are very handy and very cool but also a little out of time. i don't have patience for updating/upgrading/up-whatever-the-hell-ing some shitty machine.

i don't think either of us makes a bad choice. it all comes down to what you want to do with your time and your money. right?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

*shrug*

Well, for me, everything I do in life is on my PC. I'd be nowhere without it. I bought a Laptop just to be able to write stuff when I think of it on the spot. That alone was twice as much as a PS3 nowadays, money I don't really have to spend. But that's what writing means to me. I'll do anything to facilitate its growth. Just as I am willing to spend big on a huge PC that will run games superbly for the next 3-4 years.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

The only problem with PC gaming is the IHV (ATI/AMD, nVidia etc) pissing contest going around with vendor specific features like PhysX fucking everyone that isn't using that hardware, they can't make gameplay use/depend on it or half the market couldn't play at all and because of that its a dead end technology until theres something the entire market can run.

Oh yes and its runs like shit on CPU's just because they want you to go buy their cards to get the "best" performance.