10 Years of Diablo II

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: 10 Years of Diablo II

Post by thebrowncloud »

And tbc said "Let there be a Diablo 3 editor!"
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

From what they said, and keep in mind they could have thought the guy meant hacks when he asked, they'll be going out of their way to prevent "modding".

Plus, without LAN, modding d3 won't be quite as rewarding even if it is possible.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Ugh..... Way to crush my hopes and dreams, Mesk...... I might cry.....  :'(
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

D2
Gameplay

Pick one, unless you are either Ping Chung the Paddie Farmer or have some fetish towards drinking red and blue kool-aid.
Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Black Dream »

IskatuMesk wrote: Sc2 has already failed hard to the bottom of the pit with THE ARTIFACTS ARE THE KEY TO THE END OF ALL THINGS. No matter which way you look at it that's a death scream.

A sequel is a continuation of something that already exists. Otherwise it wouldn't be called Diablo 3, it'd be called Something-Like-Diablo-But-Not-Diablo.

Sc1 had substance, Brood War did away with it, so far SC2 has been caught emptying a canister of gasoline on the remains.
By the way, they changed that scene.  It may not be for the better, but they did change it.

http://pixelatedgeek.com/2010/04/starcraft-2-single-player-missions-hands-on-demo/
As the size of the explosion increases, the number of social situations it can not solve approaches zero.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Wow. They really ruined his voice. I liked the first one.

What... the FUCK
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

WB wrote: Brood War's problem was way too much shit coming out of left field. The one thing they did really well was to make it feel a lot different compared to the original, which I liked.

Final Fantasy 7 is not a continuation of Final fantasy 6. :D Think of them more like that, you'll be able to appreciate them more.
Diablo is Diablo is Diablo, the entire Final Fantasy series has nothing to do with eachother to begin with.

All of Blizzard's games are linked together within their universes, you can all cry over retcons but at least they aren't leaving things a dead end and are willing to change the lore.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: Wow. They really ruined his voice. I liked the first one.

What... the FUCK
I do not concur.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'll concur your face with a coconut.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

The way it is now, it sounds like it could use a tiny bit more bass. Add a bit more punch to his words.
-George Bernard Shaw
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

The original actor Zeratul had died.
_-|-_
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

By original I meant when they first showed the cinematic with THE ARTIFACTS ARE THE KEY TO THE END OF ALL THINGS. I already know the actual original voice actor offed himself before he was forced into this abomination.
bajadulce
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by bajadulce »

Has it really been 10 years?  Fun game and good workout for your mouse lol.  Can get old fast, but he rush is pretty insane when you get yourself in really tough situations.  Which is the beauty of the game.  A months worth of lvling can be gone in a flash.

One thing that always bugged me was the "save and exit" pussy way out of trouble.  To me that seemed really cheezy.  You should only be able to save and quit the game once you reach the safety of town!  Doubt D3 will have anything like this and most likely the game will be much easier than the original just like what has been done to SC2. 

Story/lore and extended dialogue seem important, but in the end the gameplay is all that matters.  If I want to immerse myself in some story, I'll go read a frickin book not play a video game. 

I actually just recently redownloaded the game via the slick Blizzard e-store and have played for about a week now for old time sakes.  Made the front page of the USWest Necro Ladder @ lvl75! Duke DelSangre :P  Yeah  big deal right?  I only play the original because the expansion is in my opinion really really gay.  I saw a video on youtube where a necro was teleporting thnx to some rune in a socketed armor?  how gay is that?  Anywho, I just hope Diablo3 remains true to both D1 and D2 and doesn't pander to kiddie shit such as the absurd gear found in the expansion.  Make it tougher than shit and make it hurt!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I wont lie, the fact I played only in Hardcore mode up to my highest character being 96, Save and Quit was.. A life saver.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator