LOTC 9: Strike First, Strike Harder

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

Static
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

LOTC 9: Strike First, Strike Harder

Post by Static »

I've encountered a problem with this level, in part 3.  After the nukes land at the end of part 2, all seems well, I get told that I'm getting sent in as air freight to some area as soon as it finishes getting glassed.  I then see a bunch of valkyries spawn, fly to an area filled with zerglings, sunken colonies, and spore colonies, sit there, get shot at, and then run away.  Nothing happens after that.  Not sure what to do now. >_>

Thanks for your time.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it otherwise. =]
Aegis
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: LOTC 9: Strike First, Strike Harder

Post by Aegis »

If that's the mission I'm thinking, the first question I really have to ask is... why are there even valkyries in the first place? o.O  Those things should actually be replaced by Spectres, and they're supposed to fly in and destroy a good portion of those defences to allow your ground forces to come in and do their thing with greater ease.  In the later missions, there also shouldn't be any devourers in there either.  My first thought was you ran the campaign through the regular SC exe instead of the one provided by LOTC.
Last edited by Aegis on Thu May 21, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crap, dung, and everything that stands alone...
Durandal
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Re: LOTC 9: Strike First, Strike Harder

Post by Durandal »

He probably isn't running it off of the executable, as there ARE supposed to be spectres and not valkyries