The Murlocs of Book 3

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Rui
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

The Murlocs of Book 3

Post by Rui »

I'm in a dilemma (as always in these situations) whether I should kill the murlocs or accept them. What implications does it have on the rest of the story? I know that, in Book 5, Six requests the help of a Murloc clan with The Tribes and, if I'm not wrong, they'd refuse because they had sided with Corona. Or I could have gotten it all wrong.
So, story-wise, affection-wise, and anything else, what are the implications of each choice?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: The Murlocs of Book 3

Post by RazorclawX »

If the Murlocs are allied with Corona the Murlocs will show up, on both sides, in Book 5, as an enemy when you're playing on Hikaru's team, and as an ally when you're on Yue Fang's team. If they don't ally with Corona, they just plain won't show up, which makes some of the levels easier and some of them harder.

Something similar happens to a smaller extent to the Lizardman tribe.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Rui

Post by Rui »

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

May I ask what would Scaldar do if we were not allowed to choose? Queen Velcana was pretty explicit when she said she'd grab the whole world if she could. Did he share her ambitions?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Unlike most Nerubians Scaldar is a pragmatic guy and finds merit in other races at times. He learned to respect the humans he fought alongside. That is also in addition to being born into a lower caste. Losing the entire empire, and then restoring it under his banner taught the Nerubians a little humility and is also the reason why Scaldar is still a general.

So 'canonically' Scaldar would ally with the Murlocs-- they make good, cheap meat shields. They're still an inferior species, but they can be useful.
-- Razorclaw X
Rui

Post by Rui »

Thanks once more!

I've got two other questions. First, is there any lore content designed specifically for Elves? They side with the forces of Artesia and the forces of Azorbia, and that role seems to be pretty much it for the Elves. Their origin and story isn't revealed at all.
Second... who is AzN_David? :P
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The elves are just kind of there.

It's a joke about a fad where Starcraft and Warcraft players on Battle.net wanted to declare themselves as Asian.
-- Razorclaw X