Still being worked on?

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Algus
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Still being worked on?

Post by Algus »

Good lord RCX I am blown away. 

This stuff got me through High School way back when it first came out.  I was just thinking I should see if old Campaign Creations was still around to kill time before Starcraft 2 comes out and was blown away to find out you're still working on mods for WC3. 

I just wanted to post a note to say you're easily one of my favorite PC game modders out there.  I think I'm gonna play through all of your stuff for old time's sake.  Starting with Vision of the Future. 

Also I think I stopped playing Sorceria after Book 3 so I have some catching up to do there I think.  Thanks man, you rock. 
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Still being worked on?

Post by Demoneater »

I just can second that !  You are a great master of modding :D

Actually, if you don't work anymore @ WOS is there any possibility that it might goes "open source"? Means, unprotected maps/campaigns, the right to modify and distribute it and so on. Especially the balancing could need some work...
Last edited by Demoneater on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I can neither confirm nor deny that I thought about making another segment of the story.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

RazorclawX wrote: I can neither confirm nor deny that I thought about making another segment of the story.
That is a confirmation by default :P

*Caught*
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Well, I think some Hokuto missions between the other chapters, after book 2, would be really great. You almost didn't see her again till book 6. But give her better spells please. ^^
Rui
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Rui »

When I first saw the Nerubians the idea began to conceive, but perhaps Darky's Nature's Call made be develop it further: the Nerubians could spawn from eggs rather than being trained from buildings and their structures would also generate a kind of «webbed ground» that would either make them move faster or decrease the speed for enemies. Most interestingly, this idea came to life in the Zerg race of Starcraft II; if anyone played the first phase of the Beta, you probably noticed I just described something nearly equal to the Zerg's («macro»?) gameplay and their creep.
Anyway, I think it would make Wanderers of Sorceria's Nerubians more interesting to play, other than having them being clones of the Undead race. I just noticed, by replaying Book 3, however, that the Cold Wraith was introduced in the Nerubian ranks. I do not think it was there in older versions, was it? Needless to say, it would be weird having them spawn from eggs.
Nevertheless, if future versions of the campaign are being planned, this could be something worth considering, even though it sounds more like an overhaul than an adjustment.
Last edited by Rui on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

There's a lot I'd like to change with the Nerubians, it's just not something I feel is worth going through the trouble with.

One of the main things I would change would radically alter the units so the only Nerubians are Heroes and their subordinate units are a thrall race like the Silithids are to the Qiraji.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future