Post by Lavarinth »

- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: Hope for sc2!

Post by Mr. »

I was actually just about to come back here and link that.

I really don't think that that is a good post.
There will be chat rooms, they're just not making launch. Probably.

[ed] So Frank was out for interviews in EU it seems (?) and said something to the effect of "no chat rooms" but there would be chat for guilds and groups. Which is more or less what was said before. That it would be more about getting people into focused discussions instead of just having free for all chat systems. In any case, I don't know a lot about it. Personally, chat rooms are soooooo 2002.
Now, if they would simply ELABORATE on what the hell that means exactly, they might clear up some of this mess.  Because it ALMOST sounds like they'll have chat channel functionality, just in a slightly different manner.  But it really depends on what "groups" are.  Actually, reading it again, it seems like they WON'T have basic chat channel functionality, but on top of that...
In any case, I don't know a lot about it. Personally, chat rooms are soooooo 2002
Also
    Q u o t e:
    and SC2 requires questionable privacy details with an unsafe EULA- being able to share details like your Facebook account, and not allowing you to 'friend' users unless you're willing to show them your "Real Name" and Facebook, etc. I hate to imagine this spilling over to D3
Everything stated here is vaguely incorrect to flat out wrong. You can add people to your friends list without being a RealID friend with them. The choice to ask for friend invites with Facebook friends is your choice. I don't even know what 'questionable privacy details with an unsafe EULA' is supposed to mean, but it SOUNDS like I should be pretty scared now.
This guy is, I guess, completely unaware that while you can technically add people to your friends list without a RealID, you can't add your FRIENDS to your friends list without jumping through hoops.  This comment is a little bit retarded.

As for the rest of the post, though, this Clan Iraq guy seems like a retarded troll.  But at the same time, the blizzard guy who responded to him seems like a retarded troll, too.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
wibod

Post by wibod »

That's an awful post you should feel bad.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I was trying to sign in the thread (the one in Mr./Bill's) as well but it seems there is a VERY convenient "maximum posts reached". This is considering that the thread in question reached 500 while there is also another main thread that reached 700 and is still postable. Thus implying the high possibility of moderators willingly enforcing a post limit.

In other words, a thread lock without an official lock on purpose so that they don't look bad and that the thread just vanishes slowly.

Ultimately, I posted in that 700 posts thread instead : http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170606873&postId=251691224403&sid=5000#737
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sat May 29, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

The forums have an automatic post limit per thread that need to be extended by the CM's each time its hit.
"Well, we’re working on the chat channels but the reason they are delayed is that we have something, which we think is much better than what we had in the original games. In the original games the chat channels were used by some of our users but they were largely misused just for spam. It was kind of a mess that they weren’t focused on only one particular topic. While we definitely feel the fans sort of enthusiasm to get them back, we don’t want those chat channels back. We feel like those chat channels were not a huge success for us and we can do them much better. So we will be looking into chat channels down the road that are more focused on specific topics, that are better organized around different social structures. We could certainly just jam the old channels back in but we didn’t feel like those were a huge success for us. But we really want this thing back, just much more interesting than before. So we’re definitely working on it and we definitely hear the users’ complains, but we think we can do better down the road."
http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/29480-Dustin_Browder_talks_SC2_again

We heard you want to talk about Marines so we're going to put you in the Marine channel.

So they aren't trying to be innovative but feel the need to redo chat channels because their 1 cd-key=unlimited accounts on b.net let people spam the fuck out of the game THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE.

Then we have this guy come along and is all like you want channels? lolnope.

Why the hell are they using forums still if chat channels are suddenly deprecated because they say they are.
Last edited by UntamedLoli on Sat May 29, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Fixed.

Blizzard's stance on chat channels is fucking retarded.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Dude, I fucking told you that's what the said but no one ever fucking listens to the white guy
Maps will be split into two categories - normal and premium - with the former free and the latter for sale, with a portion of the proceeds going to the map's creators.
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

Easy. No one play premium.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Dude, I fucking told you that's what the said but no one ever fucking listens to the white guy
Maps will be split into two categories - normal and premium - with the former free and the latter for sale, with a portion of the proceeds going to the map's creators.
That was established two years ago..
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

No, a lot of people didn't believe me when I said that mappers were only getting a cut of the profit and not all of it.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

The bottom line is Blizzard is selling their maps because they own all content created with the Editor, using the undetermined portion the map maker gets as bait.
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

Anyone who thought map publishing was not a money/power grab over the SC2 intellectual property needs to take business courses. It was pretty obvious when it was announced. The amount of winners in this deal in terms of community lose out heavily to the amount of losers through how the new battle.net custom map system is designed.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: No, a lot of people didn't believe me when I said that mappers were only getting a cut of the profit and not all of it.
They specified this two years ago, and reestablished it in last year's BlizzCon. In that case, people have no rights to complain when they don't even pay attention.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Lavarinth wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote: No, a lot of people didn't believe me when I said that mappers were only getting a cut of the profit and not all of it.
They specified this two years ago, and reestablished it in last year's BlizzCon. In that case, people have no rights to complain when they don't even pay attention.
The point, you's found it! Grats mang!
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Xelxiuz wrote: Anyone who thought map publishing was not a money/power grab over the SC2 intellectual property needs to take business courses. It was pretty obvious when it was announced. The amount of winners in this deal in terms of community lose out heavily to the amount of losers through how the new battle.net custom map system is designed.
money grab why not? it's their game. blizz sold out years and years ago. get over it.