Beta Extendtion

wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: Beta Extendtion

Postby wibod » Sat May 29, 2010 7:48 am

I'm sure it has a lot more to do with Activision then anything else, sure WoW made them rich, but generally before Bobby Kottick and pals came onto the scene Blizzard was pretty good in interacting with the community. Now it's like "no fuck you sure you're a pro SC player but you're wrong and don't know about balance"  or "yeah we listen to the community! SIKE".

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 am

I like it.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby RazorclawX » Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am

Xelxiuz wrote:Blizzard smelled blood by the success of WoW. I said it long long ago back when WoW was first announced, but everyone from Palin to shmucks was telling me to get a job. Money matters the most, and if you think any company won't listen to requests simply because they don't want to, that's ignorant. It's always something that ultimately comes down to money.

The irony of what you're saying is... the WoW team actually does listen to its customers. They already figured out if you charge a subscription service you're only getting money so long as the subscribers remain happy, and while you can't make them all happy you can still accommodate for them within reason.

I haven't heard much in the way of the SC2 team listening to anyone.  
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

wibod

Postby wibod » Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 am

Dustin Browder: "Ya we listen to everything the community says! Except for changes related to the banshee, roach, marauder, void ray, immortals, collossi. Actually fuck the community! CnC4lyfe."

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat May 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Yeah indeed. Also it is annoying when the lag is determined on the b.net servers' load as opposed to the players' connections for the game itself (especially seen in early Patch 13).

If Blizzard manage to have decent connections in general for b.net 2.0, SC2 might end up lagging horribly 5-10 years later when all the expansions are out and that Blizzard will have little gain off SC2 (thus less expenses on SC2 servers, lag raises a lot) vs a future WC4 or SC3.

Of course, it's all presuming that I am not mistaken about b.net 2.0 directly hosting games.

The pathing model for sc2 won't be that much more intense on netcode than wc3, especially since physics are client-side (which is what can really kill netcode performance like it did in Halo).

They just forgot to program. Or they fired all the guys who did, either one.

Anyways, there's two teams on sc2 and both of them fucked up big time. Just as long as the editor guys listen to me tapping on their shoulder incessantly I won't really care if the rest of the world burns.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “StarCraft II Discussion”