Beta Extendtion

Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Beta Extendtion

Post by Cliff747 »

Woah!! SC II Beta got an extendtion to June 7th.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25135304348&sid=5000
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Re: Beta Extendtion

Post by Theia_Loki »

:D Woohoo!!
Even though it's a one week extension, it'll certainly allow us to enjoy the beta that much longer.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

I actually take that as a bad sign. That might set the release date back a week, too. It's only a week, though. Not like we aren't used to waiting or delays.  :P
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Well, they better use that extension for fixing the netcode issues and truly show the improvements until their new deadline.

To me, the netcode issues are one of the current biggest killers on top of the several issues there are at the moment.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote: Well, they better use that extension for fixing the netcode issues and truly show the improvements until their new deadline.

To me, the netcode issues are one of the current biggest killers on top of the several issues there are at the moment.
Agreed. And that isn't the only issue by any means. There is still so much more that needs fixing. I'm still very skeptical that July 27 is going to be the actual release date, seeing how slowly Blizz fixes things and how other things tend to break when they try.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

I'm kindof wishing they would push back the release date, like, a couple months, or something.  There are a lot of things that they should rework.

I just really really really hope that we see a patch 14.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Blizzard that put out the original Starcraft is gone; the release date won't get pushed back. We're going to get a crappy netcode at release.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

I'm trying to refrain myself from playing, especially with the crap they did with Patch 13.  If they release Patch 14 and it fix, then we can talk.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So unless I just played in the best time somehow, I actually could play different custom maps without major lag. In short, ridiculously smooth vs the ridiculously laggy situation there was about 5-6 days ago.

Anyway, about to gather some more players to see if it holds true for higher player count or if it's just plain luck.

However, ultimately, it leads me to believe that all games are directly hosted on battle.net instead of using a player host's computer to do it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Local hosting does not exist at all and probably never will.

Which is extremely bad.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote: Local hosting does not exist at all and probably never will.

Which is extremely bad.
No, what I imply this time is that instead of hosting relying on a the host's computer to MANAGE the game's data (I don't mean hosting a file vs a file off b.net), it seems to be battle.net as well (unless it's in a bandwidth-only fashion as in host manage, send data to b.net then b.net resend to all players).

Since that's about the only explanation that it lagged horribly 5-6 days ago yet these days, the lag now is a LOT more reasonable without a single patch (which means no change on the player's side data-wise which it could have been on b.net's server side).
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Which can also be a bad thing under certain circumstances as well.

Like, you know, having to connect to b.net during a lan.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Yeah indeed. Also it is annoying when the lag is determined on the b.net servers' load as opposed to the players' connections for the game itself (especially seen in early Patch 13).

If Blizzard manage to have decent connections in general for b.net 2.0, SC2 might end up lagging horribly 5-10 years later when all the expansions are out and that Blizzard will have little gain off SC2 (thus less expenses on SC2 servers, lag raises a lot) vs a future WC4 or SC3.

Of course, it's all presuming that I am not mistaken about b.net 2.0 directly hosting games.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I wonder if this is their "solution" to the problem of some people being completely unable to host games.  :-\
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

RazorclawX wrote: The Blizzard that put out the original Starcraft is gone; the release date won't get pushed back. We're going to get a crappy netcode at release.
Blizzard smelled blood by the success of WoW. I said it long long ago back when WoW was first announced, but everyone from Palin to shmucks was telling me to get a job. Money matters the most, and if you think any company won't listen to requests simply because they don't want to, that's ignorant. It's always something that ultimately comes down to money.