SC2 Single-Player Article

Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

SC2 Single-Player Article

Post by Frozty »

Gameinformer magazine got a recent look at the new single-player. I haven't finished going through everything, but I'm pretty pumped!

http://gameinformer.com/games/starcraft_ii_wings_of_liberty/b/pc/archive/2010/04/23/preview-hands-on-with-three-new-starcraft-ii-missions.aspx
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: SC2 Single-Player Article

Post by Mucky »

So the game is going to have SC1 units. That's actually more delightful to know than the single-player itself.
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

This was a great read, thanks Frozty!  I like what I am hearing from the story so far.  What an interesting plot twist in what Zeratul told Raynor about what is to come.

I think it's cool that in one mission you have a big ass laser that you can use to cutdown Protoss forces.  Just from the tidbits in the campaign alone, it looks like there is tremendous potential with the editor (even if it does look shaky). 
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

There is potential to be had in everything. The question is how that potential can be accessed and what kind of mental constitution you'll require to go that far.
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

Ho hell..

The medic and firebat  and scouttttt and goliath are back ! ho yeah ! and fuck the dropship who can heal everything...

fuckl yeah !

Ho boy the protoss voice sound like.... one of the nod guy in C&C.... yuk

That mean than the multiplayer setting are not final and that they must plan to add more unit over time in the multiplayer too ...
Last edited by chorale on Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

I'm downright giddy right now. Additional objectives in each mission, possibly more units in multiplayer, and major twists in the story.

Oh boy oh boy. This is gonna be good, this is gonna be good! ;D

*can barely contain his excitement for the campaign*
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

I've seen the videos long ago on Gametrailers.  Gotta say I'm interested on single-player as well.  Clothworthy's Raynor not only wins it, but convinces, as it did with me.  Mission design is pretty simplistic, but hey, there's not to many Metas around, are there?

I agree one thing with Chorale, the protoss guy does sound like CABAL.  Compared to that, the Aldaris-esque advisor in multiplayer sounds fine to me.  And you forgot one thing, we got Firebats back too!  FUCK OFF HELLIONS, HUZAAAAAAHHH!!!!
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

Theia_Loki wrote: I'm downright giddy right now. Additional objectives in each mission, possibly more units in multiplayer, and major twists in the story.

Oh boy oh boy. This is gonna be good, this is gonna be good! ;D

*can barely contain his excitement for the campaign*
Hey man i got a bad and sad news for you...

we have almost 2 month to wait.... can't... wait.... hold... must.... kill......

we have to note the excelent work of their public relation people... they know how to build up the momentum to be sure there will be not a single sc2 available in the world 24 h after the release....
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Mucky wrote: So the game is going to have SC1 units. That's actually more delightful to know than the single-player itself.
You don't read anything I say.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

Lavarinth wrote:
Mucky wrote: So the game is going to have SC1 units. That's actually more delightful to know than the single-player itself.
You don't read anything I say.
Which is ? ;P
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Looks and sounds sweet!

I want to play.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

IskatuMesk wrote: There is potential to be had in everything. The question is how that potential can be accessed and what kind of mental constitution you'll require to go that far.
There is great potential in your words.

Just seeing the bar full of different human models makes me hope there will ultimately be some way to incorporate those 'unique individuals' into hero portraits and the game itself.  Having to reuse existing heroes is acceptable, but I'd much rather see a variation in our choices.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

If you're good with 3ds max then yeah, that should be doable. The bone structure will probably be a lot different than ingame units though ( a lot more complicated).

It's a possibility that they will have animations you can use for various ingame animations, like attack, run, death, ect. but you'll still need a way to name all the animations appropriately to get the game to recognize them - again, probably a third party tool will be necessary to import them into 3ds max or at least access the animation information.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

I wonder if the plot will be able to live up to the amazing story standards set by the original.

Oh wait
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

tipereth wrote: I wonder if the plot will be able to live up to the amazing story standards set by the original.

Oh wait
Well we do know that the artifacts are the key to the end of all things.

That's some pretty insane plot mechanics there bro