Cliff's Beta stuff

Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Cliff's Beta stuff

Post by Cliff747 »

OK how do I contact some one if I don't know his complet name? I can go to my ladders and see all the names in my groups but that's just 200 or so names. Is there a way to view the other ladders?
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

No, you can't.
No more humans, please.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

I've ask this before but no one answered. What is lag? I was watching the Razer Domination tournament and it seemed to be a big issue with people being asked to leave and games being restarted. It seems to slow down the game but what is it and will I cause it?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Lag = latency = delay between commands = poor internet performance = battle.net 2.0 has no LAN or p2p, so when b.net gets choppy or has issues there's no way around it.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Bah-humbug, as a Zerg player patch 12 really hurts. I can handle the supply but that means fewer roaches in play.
I'm working on a build to mass broodlords and corrupter, and the roaches help keep me alive to reach that goal.
In B.net 1v1 matches on two player maps I still have to 6 pool to win and take my lumps on four player maps.
I've stopped playing 2v2 because I still don't have a partner.
I have to learn the shortcut keys and use them automatically to be able to play at faster speed.
I sure wished they had an AI other than very easy to work on my build for 4 player maps.
I'm trying out terrain and toss with the goal of playing random but I'm still much too slow.
Playing SC II is so great that I find myself just looking around at all the neat stuff and then M&M&M kills me.

OK What does the star on top of your portrate and the flashing lights on the left side mean?

How do I contact you guys and set up a game or watch you play?

After SC II gold comes out will we still have to come to B.net to play the single player game and all the new campaigns you guys will make?
Last edited by Cliff747 on Sat May 15, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Nah, roaches are better off not being a tier 1 unit in general. If only they brought the Hydralisk back to tier 2.
I'm a bit slow myself, mostly just trying to hang on to surviving and being cautious until I have a decent army ready and know I can somewhat match an opponent.
Come to think of it, all the times I've lost are to anything but M&M&M spam ( I recall trouncing Marauders and Medivacs back in my first Novice game). Copper league, currently (I lose more than I win at the moment).

I hope we don't have to be on B.net to play the campaign (or other campaigns regarding the expansions and such). I don't see any other reason why you have to be on b.net to play the campaign.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You login first before you do anything.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Lavarinth wrote: You login first before you do anything.
So no internet connection means no SC2 for you?

Oh well. I only made a bnet account to play SC2 beta. I can get used to this.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You'll need an internet connection to install but afaik you can use the editor or play single player without being online.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that, many companies are doing that now. Not that it isn't easy to circumvent with a crack.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Just finished watching D9D #126. It's all about using QXC's Build Order Tester map.

I downloaded it and thought you guys might want to also.

Here is the link http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126942

Just in case some of you are as dumb as me, you put it in your map folder and use the editor's test map feature to use it.

I would like to be able to slow the game down but you can't have everything. Maybe they will add that feature or the editor can do it.
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Downloaded the tester maps.
Even though I'm in Silver league at the moment, I still tend to lose occasionally and will certainly need all the practice and help I can get.

And I agree, it would be nice if you could adjust the game's overall speed. Unfortunately you can only do that in Custom games before you launch them, for now at least.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"

[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

OK because this is a map and not a replay you have the normal controls.
When SC II is done loading hit F10 and you can catch the timer at 0:00.
Go to Options and change the game speed.

I'm going dead slow working on using and defending against a 6 pool. I can get 6 zerglings to pop at 3:58 with a second ov so I can continue to attack or break off and build. The hard part is trying not to succumb to a worker surround before my reinforcements arrive. Of course this is against a AI and not a body.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Some thing is wrong with my replays. The minimap is blank/black and not working. Any one else have that?
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

I've had that as well. Strangely, it's not the case with replays from previous patches (i.e. patch 10).

Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Found this on B.net forum

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25026404408&sid=5000&pageNo=3

It's the last reply. Basically you associate replay files with the SC II exe.
Now you can just double click the replay and it launches SC II without going through B.net

** This is just a work around for patch 13 replays. Remember to uncheck the 'always use this progrem to open this kind of file'**
Last edited by Cliff747 on Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.