Imbalances, improvements, suggestions, critics...

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Imbalances, improvements, suggestions, critics...

Post by IskatuMesk »

SMF may be awful but you'd be the first case I'd ever heard of regarding it actually causing a browser to crash entirely. Memory could definitely be an issue - faulty memory will cause all sorts of problems all over the place.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Nope, I currently visit one SMF board daily without any problems.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

The issue may be relative to your browser, operating system, and flash combined since every page displays the flash player. Either way, tech support is that-a-way, stick to WoS in this thread.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

I guess it is most likely a flash issue.

Minor bugs: Scalder came back with about 400 mana and Yue Fang just with about 100 mana when they got revived in Yellow Turban Rebellion.
Also, this level isn't such hard, but for that there is a very bad missing infocard mistake in it. There is absolutly no information that you can upgrade your troops at the alter. Maybe also add a hint that it is easier to get the bonus supplies if you attack the base from behind (since otherwise yuo will encounter reinforcements from the base which will follow you -> much more enemies then)

Book 4 Chaper 1 mission doesn't fail if Sorona dies. Not sure about Nekurow's death. €: Ok, it seems that it only fails if both heroes are killed, different form the quest description.
This chapter could also need some balance reworking. For instance, sometimes the undead forces attacks you from behind while you are fighting another group of enemies. I even have the feeling that the undead forces (at least the group with the lich) has a fable to go where the player is instead of attacking the NPC bases. €: Yep, they are persuethe player definitivly.
Also, the waygate quest seems to be too hard since the acos are setting it up too fast.
Reduce also a bit the units of each group since it is even hard to stand one group with your two heroes. Reduce the damage of the Eclipse Cannon a bit.

Also, during the whole campaign a big problem came over me over and over. For quests there are those pointers, you know, those small green circles at the navmap. Well, they do disappear far too fast, very after I had towonder where I have to go to. Very often those pointers came during a dialouge, and of course I was still reading it. So, two suggestions: Make the pointers longer appear. PLUS: Let them renew every then and then, so even if you forget where they are you can see them later again.

Nekurow doesn't has the chaos attack type in book 4, chapter one (dunno about the other chapters since I am still at that one)

Some part of the history descriptions of some orbs are missing (took a look at RazorClaw X hero ingame in book 4 chapter 1)

The cooldown time for Disruption Web seems to be too long for me

Orpheus' Journey: It somehow Charm seems to be bugged...some units of me (at least one, it was a Cold Wraith) didn't totally obeyed my orders, i sent it to the fountain of health but it always went to a other location after some time (yep, i removed it from group/selection and even gave him the Hold Position order, buit nothing changed)
I have the feeling they return to the location where I charm them from. I guess they somehow still get orders from their former owner. (Not directly of course, but the map gives them orders I mean)
€: This seems to happen to all charmed undead units, at least it did to my spiders as well.

Book 3, mission 1: The murloc's don't really obey the player's order even if the raiding party got taken out. I mean, you can get them into your group and can order them things, but the order will get overwritten by the NPC's ones over and over. So an unit, for instance, which you sent to the hidden entrance of the enemy base might attack at the front door since the NPC started an assault with it's units there.

You should also rework a pretty minor thing with the Corona race. At least the archers (maybe even a few other units, those casters with web maybe?) don't have automatically enabled autocast for their arrows when they come out of the boneyard.

Book 4, chapter 4 (?, that level where you start with Abolisher): seems to be also very hard, not only cause of the summoned hell beasts (but also), you will get attacked very early (I set up like 7 towers or so), Shizuka's party comes in too late (IMHO) plus they dont give you SUCH an advantage that you could beat the hell beasts easily, plus the normal dude first has to check their spells since they don't know them (remember, you just changed their classes a chapter before)

Another thing which has annoyed me during the whole campaign are the incorrect priorities in the selection for heroes. For instance, in the normal WC3 your first hero has always the first slot in the selection, the second hero the second slot and so on.
Chapter 4

Black Moon Orb. Restore power to all ten Obelisks and Abolisher will start out with the Orb of Death.
10 (?) Obelisks? Where is the last one then? In the class selection interlude it was stated to me that all 9 (!) Obelisks got activated. Plus, aren't there any murlocs at the easy difficulty in that level? I fail to see their base....
Last edited by Demoneater on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

bump - RCX, your thoughts, opinions?

Minor bug, Book 5, chapter 1: The infobox for the main quest isn't complete in the F9 menu. It stopps after a 'The'

B5 C2: A bit too hard in my eyes, even on easy mode. Just a too strong enemy undead fortress base....

B5 C3: Same, but I haven't tried that often. Again on easy difficulty. But what should be really rebalanced are some enemies' AOE spells. Some of the enemy armies are able to knock away half of my army with their uber shockwave/lightning/blizzard spells! If you don't recognize it soon enough your whole army is dead. And you even don't have SUCH many possibilites to counter it - 1. Withdraw army unitl AOE is over - 2. Web (Do NOT activate autocast or you won't be able to cast it when you need it!) - 3. Hero nuke. But this one doesn't works out such well since the heroes have a tough amount of HP and they also deal critical damage with their AOE spells.
€: Ok, i think it is diffinitivly too hard. Too regular attacks, Tessai (Yes, of course you CAN destroy him/the power generator in time - IF you have such a large army that you can kill all the bases which are in the way to him, yes), too strong enemy heroes and so on. Please nerf it.
Bug in the same chap: At some point I wasn't able to build any additional towers...dunno why. The item towers worked well.
Last edited by Demoneater on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

you seem to think every other level is too hard.

u know, instead of giving tips and walkthrough on every round  you thought was hard, why not ask yourself how everyone else was able to do the quests perfectly fine?

not trying to be mean or anything, but it sounds like you need to polish up your micro a bit.  Try practicing against two computer insane on a map doing 1v2 or going against 3 computer insane with 1 computer normal ally would help.
Davzz
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Davzz »

TheNewHorde: I dunno man, other than Siege of Kanai and the Book 4 missions, I think he nailed most of the Book 1/2 missions that everyone always has problems with.

I think the problem with those missions is that they are practically puzzle missions disguised as "build and destroy" maps. In Family Reunion, you MUST beat Vadis ASAP, there isn't really any other way to do it. In Viper Ascension, knowing all the tricks and setting up the flags for this mission makes it either a complete cakewalk or a hell where you fight off 7 or so bases and so on.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

TheNewHorde wrote: you seem to think every other level is too hard.

u know, instead of giving tips and walkthrough on every round  you thought was hard, why not ask yourself how everyone else was able to do the quests perfectly fine?

not trying to be mean or anything, but it sounds like you need to polish up your micro a bit.  Try practicing against two computer insane on a map doing 1v2 or going against 3 computer insane with 1 computer normal ally would help.
First off, Davzz agrees to me. Also, I googled a few days ago for WOS (just too see at which sites it gots mentioned and so on) and I found also some forums postings from another forums plattform(s) where they also complained about the imbalance of the difficulty with particular levels. So it isn't just me.

Micro could surely need some improvements, but at least SP campaigns should be made enjoyable even witht he worst micro ever. Though, my micro isn't such bad, but it gets very hard in these very gigantics fights whcih take place. You know, in normal WC3 games @ bnet you normally have an army of 50 supply, in some cases more, but not such huge ones as in SP games.

I also want to state that I definitivly don't want to make WOS look bad. No, it is one of the best campaigns I ever played. Don't see this thread as a provocation, RCX, see it as a chance to improve your product.

Best Regards,
[...]
Last edited by Demoneater on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Davzz wrote: I think the problem with those missions is that they are practically puzzle missions disguised as "build and destroy" maps.
Which is exactly how B&D missions are portrayed in the Blizzard campaigns. There isn't a single straight B&D mission in any of those, either. Anyone looking to find a replicate multiplayer feel is going to be disappointed because the computer is never going to be as good as another player, so the computer needs some sort of advantage to keep things interesting.

Or, in this case, your vastly overpowered Heroes need to get pitted against some other overpowered Heroes as opponents.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Well, I just can sit at my point that some levels are still very hard, nonetheless.

Eh...I was more asking about if you are still interested in my bug, glitch and balance reports or nto...don't get me wrong, it is fine for me to write them, but I only want to if I know that you take them at least into CONSIDERATION. I mean, there is simple no point of writing things down if there is not the slightest chance that you might overwork your campaign.

Also, wasn't there downloads for WOS @ hiveworkshop? I couldn't find them this time somehow...?
Plus: What about a www.moddb.com[url=http://]http://[/url] page for WOS?
I also took - just very lightly - into consideration to form a translation team for a German edition. Just a thought atm, nothing more.

Nothing meant offensive in the posting, even if it might seems so...
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

I encountered a critical bug at Book 6, West Destrict, Shizuka.

I just can't see the one harpoon post which I need to tether in order to complete the level. I made a SS

Either I did something wrong or it is bugged somehow, anyways, I have to use iseedeadpeople now to solve the chapter, I guess.

€: Didn't work either. I mean, I was now at the location, but somehow nothing happens nor does it at the very top at the gate. What do I ahve to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Demoneater on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

That's because there's nothing up there. The post is there in the event you somehow got up there and can't get off.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Well, how to solve the level then?
I saw a switch with cheat, but I can't reach it. Maybe I could have done with a siege hydra, but my base got destroyed long ago. Any chance that I can still beat the chapter?