HOw it is possible to beat "Family Reunion", please???

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

HOw it is possible to beat "Family Reunion", please???

Post by Demoneater »

Huhu,
I am stuck at Chapter...three, I believe in Book 2. I mean, not only that I don't get ANY gold except through pillage, the satyrs and Zande are raiding my base about all two minutes. I just have like 4 units and this Ebony is able to call down FOUR (!!) hell beasts? Not sure if I could even take one. I KNOW that I get support from Sazabi, but HOW can I play fulfull his quest if I can't leave my base because I am attacked very regulary?

And I just play at the normal difficulty....

Not sure, maybe I cheated the last time I played WOS as well since this level is really, really impossible to win.

RCX, if you won't mind I will create a list of way too hard levels.
Kenas
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: HOw it is possible to beat "Family Reunion", please???

Post by Kenas »

The first thing you need to do asap is to get Vadis. At the start of the game build some towers to stall enemies and make 5~6 crypt fiends. Along with fiends Shizuka will have to kill Vadis. Then all the green dragons in the map will be your allies, and with them you do not have to worry about your base too much even you only have necropolis left.

You can get gold by pillaging random structures located throughout the map, so only destroy then with spiderlings when it is safe. With some armies by trolls you can get down Satyr base, combined with Soul Power+Starfall+Locust Swarm. After that you can pick up dragon horn which will allow you to build Dragoon roosts, Forget Spiders, and focus on making dragons now. When you have at least 8 dragons GO with all heroes with spiders for 'decoy'.

The basic principle is, get Vadis as soon as possible/. Utilize Shizuka's skills to wipe out those weak dragonlings, and use burrows of crypt fiends to survive them for later stallings. If the enemy is too much, use Soul Power of Shizuka. I personally think Soul Power is almost equivalent as cheat. With just one move (although require huge amount of mana) you can damage enemies massive damage-and that is an AOE spell.
Last edited by Kenas on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

As I mentioned above that is the problem. You ca't go to Vadis cause you ahve to move back all the time to counter your base attacks.

And pillage...you don't get SUCH much gold of it, seriously. Maybe 200-300 gold or so per 2 structures.

The soul powers were just introduced in Book THREE. Shizuka doesn't has any Locust Swarm spell as well.
Last edited by Demoneater on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenas

Post by Kenas »

Oops, yes there was no soul power at book 2 :(.

However Sazabi has locust swarm, and the way to get Vadis as soon as possible is to ignore base for a while. Be sure to dodge doomguards if you can, or just destroy demon gate on your way. Spider units are not that important, just give them to enemies to stall them with towers. Once you get Vadis defending your base is really easy.

P.S: Pillage gives you only 200~300 golds per structure, but there are about at least 10 structures you can raze. That's 2000 gold.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Don't forget you can sell lumber for gold at the trading post behind your base.
Kenas

Post by Kenas »

Xenon wrote: Don't forget you can sell lumber for gold at the trading post behind your base.
Is there no trading post in Hard mode?
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Xenon wrote: Don't forget you can sell lumber for gold at the trading post behind your base.
Oh? IIRC I once found an outpost in one the next chapters, but not in that one, although I got the info message about them there. I searched like hell but never ever was able to find it...

RCX, can you make the trading outposts viewable via navmap as an neutral building? makes finding them a way easier ^
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Demoneater wrote:
Oh? IIRC I once found an outpost in one the next chapters, but not in that one, although I got the info message about them there. I searched like hell but never ever was able to find it...

RCX, can you make the trading outposts viewable via navmap as an neutral building? makes finding them a way easier ^
Seems it was this way always? THEN HOW PLEASE could I have overseen it...? o_O

I was able to beat the level, but I think it highly depends on if and how early Ebony is attacking. You just don't have a chance against 4 hell beasts at the beginning.

But I just ran into the next unbeatable level where you have to defend kosseimaru....
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Trading post is not there in Hard mode. It is there in both Normal and Easy, and you had to have walked past it on the way to the Troll village unless you went through the enemy base to get there the first time.

Ebon attacks at the same times unless you're playing Hard mode, in which case she attacks a couple minutes earlier as I think she's always part of the second wave.

But I just ran into the next unbeatable level where you have to defend kosseimaru....
It's quite beatable, although the turtling method is 'safer' it's also much more difficult than attacking. Neutralizing or crippling one base makes it much easier for instance (I myself usually cripple the north base), although you will be unable to do anything to stop anyone from attacking from the south side since they don't actually have a base.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

turtling = hiding @ Kosseimaru cuase the AI doesn't has the mind to attack all enemies, instead they are just standing sstill or walking back sometimes?

But you really should consider to rework the difficulty in some levels, imho.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Demoneater wrote: But you really should consider to rework the difficulty in some levels, imho.
Well, no, because they were meant to be like that.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future