Need help! Crash @ Book 1, chapter 3

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Need help! Crash @ Book 1, chapter 3

Post by Demoneater »

Huhu,
I just re-tried your great campaign again (didn't played it through the last time), but I get a warcraft crash @ chapter 3 where Shion has his cutscene. The game freezes when he is has his dialouge with "Last time I listen to you, shadow weaver" (kinda) and crashes then. Here's the exact mressage, but I doubt it will be such helpful to you:

http://www.abload.de/img/wosr54n.png

I assume it has something to do with some kind of animation which Hokuto uses to appear or something like that.

I am using the newest warcraft version, but I have to say that I am using Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Operating System. But the game runs great most of the time despite some minor issues which I had at the beginning which I removed.

Also, I was never able to login with my first accounts (I registered them even months ago), I just don't get an activation mail. Resending it didn't work either. Seems to be a mistake in configuration of your mail server. My mail with those 2 accounts was seec1 [at] gmx.net and maybe also seec2 [at] gmx.net, so I guess the domain is somehow blocked at your mail server. The account names where, iirc, "Basinator" and "Bas". This time I used a "trash mail"-service which worked out.

Best Regards,
Last edited by Demoneater on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Need help! Crash @ Book 1, chapter 3

Post by Demoneater »

Nevermind, seems to work after I rebootet my computer. Guess it is my computer hardware, I believe my memory is a bit broken. Not too much, but just a little bit. So some applications crash if they try to read from a particular adress.

Plus I might should have tried to skip the cutscene, lol. [imgwh 15x15]Smileys/classic/grin.gif[/imgwh]
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Eh, I loaded the game again because I wanted to explore the map a bit more before facing shion.

This time I got a crash again...

Next time: Again crash. Strange...
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

And now I got logged out from my operating system. Not directly while the cutscene, but I got crashes at it before during the same session. So it really seems it is my hardware, nothing you have to worry about, this doesn't seems to be your fault. I might test it any further right now.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Not sure, but it almost seems that I don't get a crash if I am in the active "iseedeadpeople"-mode...o_O
This one seems to be a VERY good cheat, lol.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

On a side note, from the homepage:

Chapter 3

Trading Quest . Make sure you picked up the Heart of Searinox and gave it to Hikaru. Approach Corbeau the Swapper outside the town gates.

Fight Veranda . Before you enter the village and talk to Tendaro for the first time, go back down the mountain (go immediately straight up). There is a steep path here that leads to a tough boss, but the rewards may be worth it.

http://wos.campaigncreations.org/secrets-book1.shtml

This isn't chapter 3, it is chapter 4.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Demoneater wrote: On a side note, from the homepage:

Chapter 3

Trading Quest . Make sure you picked up the Heart of Searinox and gave it to Hikaru. Approach Corbeau the Swapper outside the town gates.

Fight Veranda . Before you enter the village and talk to Tendaro for the first time, go back down the mountain (go immediately straight up). There is a steep path here that leads to a tough boss, but the rewards may be worth it.

http://wos.campaigncreations.org/secrets-book1.shtml

This isn't chapter 3, it is chapter 4.
It's three.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Chapter one - The one with Nekurow, Johan and...the "boy" dude
Chapter two - Arcadian side, that in the underground dungeon
Chapter three - ...oh, blast. You are right. The one chapter is divided into two parts. I was searching like hell in chapter two, part two for the secrets, lol.

But you might should make this more clear at the page.

But there's a other mistake

Play as Kanna . Play as the Arcadian side. Hire a Goblin Sapper or two (before you attempt to rescue the Crypt Fiends, preferrably, due to supply constraints). At the bottom end of the Furbolg camp is a ramp blocked by trees. Sap the trees and bring a unit to the Circle of Power in the clearing.

@Chapter two

This isn't correct. You don't play as Kanna but as...Mizuki was her name, if I remember correctly. The magic bitch.
Davzz
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Davzz »

It WAS Kanna in the old version, where she wasn't a hero yet.

After RCX made her a hero though, making her appear in that early mission probably had some conflict with the missions that focus on HER later on so it was changed to Mizuki.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

juts fpor the report: Again a crash, Book two, the level were you have to fight the summoner duel with mizuki. Again when Hokuto seems to appear.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Got also a crash when the fight against ultima dragon started