UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Patch 7

Post by UntamedLoli »

Balance Changes

* TERRAN

o Banshee

+ The health has been increased from 130 to 140.

o Missile Turret

+ The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.

o Thor

+ Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
                + Anti-Air attack now deals splash damage in a 0.5 radius.

* PROTOSS

o High Templar

+ The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.

o Photon Cannon

+ Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.

* ZERG

o Broodlord

+ Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.

o Roach

+ Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.

o Spine Crawler

+ Damage has been increased from 20+10 armored to 25+5 armored.
                + Attack period decreased from 2.2 to 1.6.

o Spore Crawler

+ The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue in which players would desync when matched against others with certain CPUs.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&postId=240364940028&sid=5000#7
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Patch 7

Post by Lavarinth »

No nerfs to Templars, wow. Am I just missing the games with Templars? I've played a total of one or two games with Dark Templar, and no games with High Templars.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

um ok wtf

Banshee buff? Really?

Turret change is... um... weird

Thor... 0.5 radius is veeery small... so we'll see.

Templar nerf? ... whoa. Yes I saw them used a lot... but they weren't exactly op.

Cannon buff? Good!

Crawler buffs? Good! Very good.

Broodlord nerf = bad, but at least it wasn't too severe.

I didn't know roaches got regen outside of burrow with that up. Again, a nerf in the wrong location you morons.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Damn high templar storms were small enough as it is.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

Spine crawler dps increased from ~9.1 to 15.625. Thats over 70%. Holy shit.
archon_wing
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by archon_wing »

lol. Fixing a trainwreck by throwing more trains at it I see. Banshees are ridiculous as they are. But the cannon buff is pretty sweet. Also turrets are a lot more effective vs mutas now.
Last edited by archon_wing on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

I'm still waiting for them to fix the pheonix for the protoss so they can have at least half-decent AA. I liked phoenixes better when they had Overload. Gravitron Beam is utterly useless.

But it seems like Blizzard isn't actually learning that much about SC2 gameplay based on their patches. They haven't fixed too many things that actually needed fixing.

Edit: I came up with an idea to help fix AA, but it kinda offsets the stalker's role. The immortals have only a ground attack, yes? I was thinking that maybe the protoss could have an upgrade that they could research at the robotics support bay to give immortals and extra air attack as well. It would be different, though, from the stalker's attack in that it would be more like flak cannons. That way you can have it be smaller damage, but have it in a splash radius. It would not be unlike the upgrade in WC3 to give flying machines the ability to attack ground. And maybe to keep stalkers useful, give them a boost to their air attack.

My other idea was to give the immortal an ability that does the exact opposite of the Gravitron Beam. Instead of decreasing gravity to make ground units float, increase the gravity to make air units fall. It would essentially be the same thing as the raider or crypt fiend's ability in WC3, but maybe make it a channeled spell like Gravitron Beam.

In both cases, I was thinking a 200/200 price with a research time of about 120-140. Thoughts?
Last edited by thebrowncloud on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Browder is a C&C designer/balancer. Of course he isn't learning anything.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I think the missile turret was originally "explosive" damage type (and anti-armor in sc2) because Terran have bunkers to defend from anything that doesn't have a ton of armor (BCs and Carriers). Did anyone bother using bunkers to defend mineral lines from Muta harass? They could salvage after it's mined out anyway.

Does anyone know if Corruptor goo disables bunkers?

I think Mutas have a radius of 0.5, meaning it would probably hit the collision size of any other Mutalisks touching a target Muta even without clumping.

Edit: lol
Last edited by Xenon on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

yeah I saw that video on TL

Thors got a buff vs mutas and a nerf vs everything else (they were already useless vs mustaches and other heavy air), missile turret actually looks like it got a huge buff.

I love how static defense is finally looking like it'll be useful.
Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Archangel »

I was incredibly excited to see Thor in the conceptual phase. When I first built it, I was giddy with anxiety. Then it came out and started stomping around. It was smaller but I was so so eager to see it do something. Then a group of marines came and blew it up.

And now it's smaller.

They should call it Thor's junk mail. Because he's got to be buried in it with such a steaming pile of false advertisement.
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

The mighty Thor!  Once a glorious artillery unit, raining death and destruction down on the enemies of the Dominion from a great distance.  Then reduced to a Goliath on steroids, now finds itself making a living as... a hardcounter for mutalisks. :P

That's so sad. :(

My impression on the Thor is that it really hasn't been able to find a niche of its own in the Terran tech tree, but Blizzard is too attached to the idea of the unit to get rid of it (which is understandable, it's a freakin' giant killer mech of doom with giant cannons, what's not awesome about that idea?).

Quick question regarding SC2's Protoss spellcasters: High Templar have Psi Storm and Feedback right now, while those Sentries or whatever they're called now have Hallucination and that forcefield barrier spell, right?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

snow globes also have guardian shield
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

IskatuMesk wrote: Browder is a C&C designer/balancer. Of course he isn't learning anything.
Key word: Balancer.