Patch 6

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Patch 6

Post by IskatuMesk »

General

* You can now report misconduct or block communication with a player after completion of a game by right-clicking on the offending player's name in the score screen and choosing Report Abuse or Block Communication.
    * You can now view any player's profile after completion of a game by right-clicking on their name in the score screen and choosing View Profile.
    * Updated unit and ability tooltips to be accurate in all regions.
    * Improved the visibility of units on zerg creep.
    * Improved the visibility of team colors for protoss units using warp-in to help distinguish between multiple protoss players.
    * Improved the system that handles promotion and relegation between Leagues.
    * Improved the Favored functionality to more accurately portray Even matches and display properly in the score screen.
    * Improved 2v2 arranged team matchmaking so games are found more quickly.
    * Improved replay functionality so missing maps will be downloaded from Battle.net when you view a replay.
    * Korea: Improved the logic for the age gate functionality.

Balance Changes

* GENERAL

o Pathing has been improved so units can now properly block ramps and choke points.
          o Made a change to how zerg creep affects doodads, such as trees, to prevent players from seeing the starting location of zerg players through the fog of war.

* TERRAN

o Viking

+ Cost changed from 125 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas.

o Ghost

+ Cost changed from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 150 Vespene Gas.
                + EMP Round radius decreased from 3 to 2.

o Factory

+ Cost decreased from 200 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.

o Tech Lab

+ Cost decreased from 50 Minerals and 50 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals and 25 Vespene Gas.

o Reactor

+ Build time increased from 25 seconds to 50 seconds.

o SCV

+ Life decreased from 60 to 45.

o Bunker

+ Build time decreased from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

o Marine

+ Build time increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.

* PROTOSS

o Colossus

+ Thermal Lances damage decreased from 23 to 20.

o Observer

+ Cost increased from 25 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.
                + Build time increased from 33 seconds to 40 seconds.

o Stalker

+ Particle Disruptors damage increased from 8 (+6 Armored) to 10 (+4 Armored).
                + Weapon upgrade damage decreased from +1 (+1 Armored) to +1 (+0 Armored).

o Dark Templar

+ Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to Biological-Psionic-Light.

o High Templar

+ Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to Biological-Psionic-Light.

o Dark Shrine

+ Build time increased from 80 seconds to 100 seconds.
                + Cost increased from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals and 250 Vespene Gas.

* ZERG

o Baneling

+ Volatile Burst damage increased from 15 (+20 Light) to 20 (+15 Light).

o Roach

+ Burrowed regeneration rate decreased from 10 to 5.
                + Upgraded burrowed regeneration bonus decreased from +20 to +10.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue affecting the incorrect assignment of arranged teams to certain Leagues.
    * Fixed an issue affecting random teams that caused no points being awarded on wins and too many points being removed on losses in certain situations.
    * Fixed an issue involving the Bonus Pool display on the Quick Match and Leagues & Ladders pages.
    * Korean client: Fixed an issue affecting the ability for Korean players to properly view profiles. They can now see their League ranking on their profile page.
    * Fixed an intermittent UI crash on game shutdown.
    * Polish client: Fixed a crash which would happen any time a "Player is no longer being revealed!" message was displayed.

Roach is going to need a lot more than that to actually fit properly in the game. Oh, I don't know, how about not doing nearly as much damage as a tank and having almost as much health as one?

The buff to the factory cost is really weird. The UNITS need buffs, NOT the buildings. Tanks need to not cost 3 fucking supply and hellions need to be useful. But whatever.

Scv/marine nerfs are in responses to hilarious scv rushes.

wtf @ dark templar nerfs. Seriously?

Stalker kind of got buffed... and at the same time it got nerfed. wat

EMP got deservingly nerfed.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Patch 6

Post by Lavarinth »

I already didn't use Templars, now I have more reason not to!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
archon_wing
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by archon_wing »

Sweet Vikings; EMP nerf is fine since ghosts are cheaper and so are factories. I can get those awesome helions faster.  What's with the

Did they seriously make banelings stronger? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:p
Last edited by archon_wing on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

well to be honest, banelings really need something to justify getting them in tier 3, especially for 25 gas a pop.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

PvT is still going to be real hard, esp after colossi nerf. Dark Shrine nerf will force people to never build dark templar and then they will remove the dark shrine and put dts at templar tech.

Stalker buff is a small help vs mutas but they still blow vs maurders. Stalkers should do like +10 (+10 vs armored). I also think that blink should be cybernetics core tech, or have it so blink doesn't require line of sight where you want to blink.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
archon_wing

Post by archon_wing »

IskatuMesk wrote: well to be honest, banelings really need something to justify getting them in tier 3, especially for 25 gas a pop.
But they can be gotten in tier 1 and annhilate marines even worse than they already do.  :(
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Marines are light aren't they? So the damage is unchanged.
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

It seems like they are starting to scale down gas and +bonus damage to armor types.  I think that's a good thing.

What the hell is Biological-Psionic-LIGHT now?  It was already confusing in the first place.  Not sure I agree with the Colossus nerf considering all the vulnerabilities they have.  I agree that Stalkers need more help.  Protoss anti-air suffers terribly.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
archon_wing

Post by archon_wing »

IskatuMesk wrote: Marines are light aren't they? So the damage is unchanged.
Oh right, nvm.
But it just makes them more effective overall. (33% boost vs non-light)

The stalker is more useful against mutas and marines I guess, though it'd be nice to just increase dmg overall. Wtf is this psionic shit? Tanks costing 3 supply sucks too.
Last edited by archon_wing on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Psionic is just a caster flag I think.

They gave those guys light armor so hellions ect aren't totally useless in a fight (they still are though)

Terran metal needs a buff, I think the fact buff is a change in the wrong location, the units themselves need buffs aka tank down to 2 supply, hellions being actually useful past dual reactor rush which is going to hurt a lot from the reactor nerf.

Love the colossus nerf, gives terran a bit of a chance now (2 shots to kill marine from 1).
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Stalker buff is nice for light air, but any late game usefullness they once had is pretty much gone now with the bonus damage nerf.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

[url=http://javascript:switchPost('237646743141','thread.html?topicId=23767541717&postId=237646743141&sid=5000#28')]The Invite-A-Friend keys were only sent to active participants in the beta. The cutoff was that participants had logged in within the last three weeks.

Outside of that we did identify issues with the process and some people did not receive keys who should have. We'll be correcting that and sending those emails out soon. Likely within the next day or two.

We are also evaluating potentially sending out more Invite-A-Friend emails with different activity requirements. [/url]
So please, keep doing stuff.  :P

Edit: SCV nerf was unexpected. I think they originally had that much HP because of their vulnerability while repairing stuff (aren't they still vulnerable while construcing buildings?) In theory, MULES could be used to repair anywhere on the field, but I've never seen them used for this. Maybe MULE repair speed or cost-effectiveness could be increased to make it more viable.
Last edited by Xenon on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotronic
Terran Barracks Laundry Master
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by Robotronic »

I'm glad they nerfed Terran.  Clearly the weakest race in the game needs to get nerfed, especially against Protoss.
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

The biggest shot to me was the HP decrease for the Terran SUV.  The SUV has always been 60..  Now it's... 45?  Whoa.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

AA7Dragoon wrote: The SUV has always been 60..  Now it's... 45?  Whoa.
They're removing armor to increase its gas mileage.  ;)