BlizzCon® 2010 Announced

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

BlizzCon® 2010 Announced

Post by Lavarinth »

[imgwh 113x125]http://www.campaigncreations.org/news/blizzcon2010.png[/imgwh]
"If you've been holding your breath waiting to find out when and where the next BlizzCon would be held, then... you've probably passed out by now. But if you've just been patiently watching for an announcement, then we've got good news for you: BlizzCon will be returning to the Anaheim Convention Center on Friday, October 22 through Saturday, October 23! Just as in years past, BlizzCon 2010 will feature an exciting mix of discussion panels, tournaments, hands-on gameplay, contests, and much more. Check out the announcement press release, and keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com[url=http://]http://[/url]  in the months ahead for further details, including ticketing information."
Source: Blizzard Entertainment
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Re: BlizzCon® 2010 Announced

Post by Dread »

Fun fun fun!
- - - Dread
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

I can already imagine on October...

WINGS OF LIBERTY FOR FREE IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES!!!!
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

To be honest, I don't expect them to talk very much at all about upcoming SC2 stuff except maybe some bnet features. It will be too soon after the release (hoping they stay true to their summer preditction) for them to really talk seriously about the first expansion. I am, however, expecting them to announce one of their two unannounced projects that they've been working on. Plus, lots of Diablo 3 and the 5th and final class. Assuming they also stay true to their priorities, Cataclysm will be out by then if SC2 is and WoW news will be in relatively short supply as well. It's gonna be a good year, but WoW and SC fans will likely be sol.

So any guesses as to the theme of the new MMO series Blizzard is making? My guess is sci-fi. That gotta compete with TOR somehow.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Yeah its not like SC2 is having expansions or anything and Catalysm's Beta hasn't started.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

didn't you hear? Blizzard's going console-only, 360 in particular.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Hunter_Killers wrote: Yeah its not like SC2 is having expansions or anything and Catalysm's Beta hasn't started.
:(

Think about it, though. Blizzard has said on multiple occassions that Cataclysm will be out before SC2. And SC2 is slated sometime in Q3. If those two statements are true, Cataclysm will be coming out in Q3 as well, taking another product off the list of upcoming releases. And since it will be so soon after SC2 vanilla releases, do you really think they will be prepared to show much of HotS? Sure, they will have some small stuff, but I don't think they will have much to offer.

As for the Cata beta, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a short, quick one.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

lol a short quick beta for an mmo
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I don't recall hearing it'd be out before SC2, but might have overheard it. None-the-less, predictions for me would be:

- Diablo 3 Class (Obvious)
- Unannounced Cataclysm features (Many things unknown here)
- StarCraft 2 going gold (and perhaps on sale at BlizzCon, you never know)
- Cataclysm Beta keys (D3 simply feels too far off)
- WarCraft movie, anyone? (Speaking of, whatever happened to the Diablo movie?)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

IskatuMesk wrote: lol a short quick beta for an mmo
Especially considering how much stuff Blizzard is putting into this one (and by extension, how much more problematic (nay, cataclysmic!  haha, lol) any issues are going to be).

If SC2 is out by then, we'll definately have some hints towards their plans for the first expansion and the Zerg campaign (Heart of the Swarm was it?  I've forgotten already).  It'd be too early to announce the next WoW expansion (assuming Cataclysm has even been released), but I suspect we'll have some news towards their plans for the big content patches, and other long term plans for Cataclysm, or a big Cata info dump assuming it hasn't been released yet.

Diablo III's going to dominate newswise for sure, with SC2: Whatever of the Something close behind and WoW being fairly quiet.  I don't think we're going to hear anything about Blizzard's New MMO IP for at least another year.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Perhaps I'm going insane, because now I can't find anything anywhere that says Cataclysm will be out before SC2. I recant my opinions. Don't mind me.  ???
-George Bernard Shaw