My StarCraft commentary continues.

Moderator: Milldawg

Magic
Terran SCV Lube Technician

My StarCraft commentary continues.

Post by Magic »

It's been a while. So this is where all the cool kids hang out!

I've been busy in real life and elsewhere, I don't go to many forums these days, but here I am. Hello old veterans, hello new people.

I've finished another part of my Brood War commentary. Ripped from my own news post, here's the gist of it:
IThis time it's chapter 5, the second Terran campaign that follows the UED's invasion of the Koprulu sector.

Brood War Commentary - Index.
5 - Terran Campaign - Iron Fist - Commentary.

Check it out and let me know what you think on the forum!

Sorry for the delay. :)
Or you peeps can post here. It's all good. I could do with feedback to spur me on to finish the lot with the zerg campaign.

PS - I swear, this site will have the same smilies in 50 years time... 8)
[b]- Magic[/b]
"[i]Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash! Be water my friend.[/i]" - BL
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: My StarCraft commentary continues.

Post by Legion »

Isn't samods, like, infested to the core?

With viruses I mean.
Magic

Post by Magic »

We had a malware problem 6 months ago. It's all safe now.

PS - Hey old buddy!
[b]- Magic[/b]
"[i]Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash! Be water my friend.[/i]" - BL
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Legion wrote: Isn't samods, like, infested to the core?

With viruses I mean.
Nah it might've been a mistake attributed to the retarded antivirus program my dad installed.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Death_Wing
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by Death_Wing »

No, the site really was infested with viruses before, Loki.
What?
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Magic wrote: We had a malware problem 6 months ago. It's all safe now.

PS - Hey old buddy!
Okay, just checking since I read somewhere that it wasn't solved yet or the problem had returned.

PS -
Hey yourself! What's up with you, anyway. Last I "saw" you is more than a year ago and you weren't in a particularly good mood, so I figured I'd just leave you be.

We should catch up. Now let's run before the bastards are gonna whine about keeping personal talk out of the boards and / or make that lame "go get a room" joke!
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I don't know, a few weeks ago I saw the status bar say "waiting for xr6(or whatever).ru" so I immediately closed my browser.  :P
Magic

Post by Magic »

As far as I know, we're clean. If anyone gets any malware reports, IM or mail me (ben.brown@talk21.com) ASAP. I'm fairly sure everything was downloaded and scanned by WarGiant, but maybe the malware (particularly as it appeared to be targeted at us) was more elusive than we thought?

Also, people are yet to comment on the article!
Legion wrote:
Magic wrote: We had a malware problem 6 months ago. It's all safe now.

PS - Hey old buddy!
Okay, just checking since I read somewhere that it wasn't solved yet or the problem had returned.

PS -
Hey yourself! What's up with you, anyway. Last I "saw" you is more than a year ago and you weren't in a particularly good mood, so I figured I'd just leave you be.

We should catch up. Now let's run before the bastards are gonna whine about keeping personal talk out of the boards and / or make that lame "go get a room" joke!
Not sure why that'll have been. A year and a few months ago, I was in a dump of a flat (Pretty much one room with a small side kitchen an virtually a cupboard-sized bathroom) and stuck in QA at Codemasters. Now I'm in a much nicer flat and in the dev studio there at least. :P
[b]- Magic[/b]
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

Pie4u!
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Remarkable! Your attention to detail in even the smallest exchanges is quite good! I haven't read all of it yet, but it's fantastic from what I've read so far. I didn't even know you had these commentaries on samods, so I'll have to take a look at those later as well. I love all the connections you make to real life wars and the ethics of world leaders. Have you read any of the books, mangas, etc.? I didn't see any direct reference to any of the books, but some of your word choices lead me to suspect you have,
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

Magic wrote: It's been a while. So this is where all the cool kids hang out!

I've been busy in real life and elsewhere, I don't go to many forums these days, but here I am. Hello old veterans, hello new people.

I've finished another part of my Brood War commentary. Ripped from my own news post, here's the gist of it:
IThis time it's chapter 5, the second Terran campaign that follows the UED's invasion of the Koprulu sector.

Brood War Commentary - Index.
5 - Terran Campaign - Iron Fist - Commentary.

Check it out and let me know what you think on the forum!

Sorry for the delay. :)
Or you peeps can post here. It's all good. I could do with feedback to spur me on to finish the lot with the zerg campaign.

PS - I swear, this site will have the same smilies in 50 years time... 8)
I think it's time for lavarinth to finally absorb SA, bringing him to ultimate power and also once again completing the circle.

Also, why did you make PCM staff at one point?  He's a complete retard.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Magic

Post by Magic »

Xelxiuz wrote: Pie4u!
So we've had the same smilies for 10+ years but we have a systematic karma system based on pie? Guess I can live with that. :P
thebrowncloud wrote: Remarkable! Your attention to detail in even the smallest exchanges is quite good! I haven't read all of it yet, but it's fantastic from what I've read so far. I didn't even know you had these commentaries on samods, so I'll have to take a look at those later as well. I love all the connections you make to real life wars and the ethics of world leaders. Have you read any of the books, mangas, etc.? I didn't see any direct reference to any of the books, but some of your word choices lead me to suspect you have,
Thank you very much. I thought the first Terran campaign was very fun to comment on, the others sag in places - a few areas of Iron Fist for example didn't need commentary.

As for the books, I haven't read many of them. I still have Liberty's Crusade (I read the first chapter years ago) and I think I'ev got Speed of Darkness or one of the other ones somewhere.
Negi wrote: Also, why did you make PCM staff at one point?  He's a complete retard.
:-X
[b]- Magic[/b]
Negi

Post by Negi »

Next time you want to get someone unqualified and egotistical on your staff, drop me a line.  My aim is alchemisted.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Death_Wing

Post by Death_Wing »

Uh, wait, what?
What?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator