Podcast Episode 6 Released: StarCraft II Modding

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Podcast Episode 6 Released: StarCraft II Modding

Post by Lavarinth »

Visit our Podcast section now to take a listen to Episode 6! Dread calls into focus IskatuMesk this week for one reason: Modding StarCraft 2 Beta. Alongside Lavarinth, Dread questions IskatuMesk on all there is related to modding and what advancements have taken place and just what limitations do we really have? So head on over to our Podcast directory or straight over to the page itself to get yourself updated! Happen to notice anything new in the Podcasts? Keep an open ear on those intros, it could help you in the future.
[imgwh 168x197]http://www.campaigncreations.org/news/podcast4.png[/imgwh]
Last edited by Lavarinth on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Podcast Episode 6 Released: StarCraft II Modding

Post by IskatuMesk »

I think I got really confused and lost amongst all that talking but hopefully some of it makes sense.

/e

it also looks like I forgot you don't need a converter for SLK, only for converting map data to slk

time to look like a TOTAL IDIOT
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: I think I got really confused and lost amongst all that talking but hopefully some of it makes sense.

/e

it also looks like I forgot you don't need a converter for SLK, only for converting map data to slk

time to look like a TOTAL IDIOT
Yay, like me in some of these!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
bajadulce
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by bajadulce »

I listened to this in the background last night while doing some internet surfin.  My attention sorta faded in and out as there were a lot of tech terms and jargon being thrown around, but the overall message that SC2 will be a fantastic modding experience came across pretty clear.

Myself, I've yet to keep enough interest in SC2 to even finish a game, but have enjoyed these podcasts nonetheless!   :) I doubt we'll see any podcasts cover anything other than SC2 in general anytime soon, but would be fun to hear about some of the member's content that makes up CCreations.org as well.  Tho I imagine there's not much of anything new to report on here until the official release.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about individual members' projects when that day finally does come.  Just wondering when you'll run out of stuff to cover until then. 
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

bajadulce wrote: Myself, I've yet to keep enough interest in SC2 to even finish a game, but have enjoyed these podcasts nonetheless!   :) I doubt we'll see any podcasts cover anything other than SC2 in general anytime soon, but would be fun to hear about some of the member's content that makes up CCreations.org as well.  Tho I imagine there's not much of anything new to report on here until the official release.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about individual members' projects when that day finally does come.  Just wondering when you'll run out of stuff to cover until then. 
It seems like most people are reserving their ideas for when SC2 comes out so they can create them throught he new editor. We're in a bit of a dry spell with campaigns; only the occassional announcement that doesn't follow through here and there. I'm sure you'll be hearing about everybody's brain-children as soon as we see the shelves fill with copies of SC2 and then promptly run out.  ;)
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw