[New Scenario Map] BioShock

Fighter84

[New Scenario Map] BioShock

Post by Fighter84 »

I have come up with a grand idea to make a map on BioShock for StarCraft. Of course, I can't work on it right now, but I feel it would be a grand edition for the StarCraft and maybe even StarCraft 2 library of endless scenario maps to come. I am not entirely sure if I am even able to put this in this category, but oh well.

Basic Plot - Before the time of BioShock, it shows the Civil War between Atlas' loyal splicers and Andrew Ryan's eccentric citizens.

Gameplay - ADAM is minerals, EVE is vespene gas. You can be a Little Sister, Big Daddy, a commander on Team Ryan and Team Atlas. You can summon plasmids for special characters in the map. 

CIVIL WAR FRONT:
Kill members of enemy team to obtain ADAM. If you kill a Big Daddy, the Little Sister(who is invincible) will become kill able and when you do kill her, your team gets a large amount of ADAM. Team with most ADAM wins.

BIG DADDY/LITTLE SISTER FRONT:
Little Sisters roam around the war-torn city and collect ADAM from "angels" or specialized corpses. Big Daddies kill splicers and protect Little Sister, and receive ADAM. If a Little Sister is killed, Big Daddies' ADAM level drops to 0. If Little Sisters and Big Daddies combined have the most ADAM, they are victorious.

NOTES: There will be hidden gun turrets and hidden missile turrets. They are invincible but can be captured. The plasmids are activated at a Protoss Gateway. Vespene Gas, or EVE, regenerates to a certain limit. If a plasmid is used, EVE goes down, but will regenerate. There are also special locations, such as the Kashmir Restaurant or Neptune's Bounty. If you capture these specific locations, they act as spawn points, giving you troops. The time limit is 30 minutes. You receive a certain number of troops every minute.
There will be a main HQ for each Splicer team that cannot be captured and is protected by Gun Turrets.

Splicers:
Thuggish Splicer - Zergling
Leadhead Splicer - Marine
Leadhead Elite - Ghost
Brute - Ultralisk
Houdini Splicer - Dark Archon
Spider Splicer - Zealot

Big Daddies:
Rosie - Goliath
Bouncer - Ultralisk

Plasmids:
EVE Limit - 100
Incinerate! - 50 | Summons 1 firebat, active for 3 seconds
Electro Bolt - 25 | Summons an Archon, active for 2 seconds
Insect Swarm - 75 | Summons 5 Zerglings, active for 5 - 6 seconds
Hypnotize - 100 | Turns all surrounding units(excluding big daddies, little sisters) to your control for 6 - 7 seconds.

If you have any questions, please ask me.
Last edited by Fighter84 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: [New Scenario Map] BioShock

Post by Lavarinth »

Apologies for the on-topic posts, but I had to flush this thread.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Death_Wing
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Re: [New Scenario Map] BioShock

Post by Death_Wing »

Damn! I didn't get to read any of the other posts!  >:(

It's a fair idea. But you should really just plan it for now and keep it for SC2. Making a map for SC1 right now isn't such a great idea. People, if still on SC1 battle.net, are practicing melee for SC2. So there won't really be as much people able to play it and spreading maps and getting positive feedbacks this late in a games life (holy sh*t 12 years) is gonna be really hard.

If you manage to finish it within 3 weeks when you get SC2 you can get constructive feedback but, unfortunately, a lot of noob-rage as well. People will be interested in the first few maps that come out for SC2 as people have been planning for years. You don't need to change the units 'cause they said all the old SC1 units will be in the editor, this is assuming you don't find something else in SC2 that suits the role better.

This is a fair and interesting idea that if keeps advancing might lead to a highly played map. You never know unless you try, but don't quit at any time, try not to get side-tracked either. Hope you can do amazing things with the editor and hope there are more units! Good Luck.
What?