The Useless Games Thread

Moderator: Milldawg


Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Archangel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.
- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was


User avatar

Topic author
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Legion » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Archangel wrote:I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.


Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.


Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Archangel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 am

Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.


Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.



I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.
- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was


User avatar

Topic author
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Legion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 am

Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.


Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.



I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.


I'm sorry. I hear that a lot, actually. Allow me to elaborate, then. :)

There was a typo there. It should say, "I better run, now that you've called in the cavalry and all."

I was referring to your calling my replies "flaming", apparently hoping someone important might notice and do me unimaginable harm.

What I meant was that you called me (and Mesk) pretentious, at which point I called you pretentious back (hey, it's only fair, cos you are at least as much as I am). You couldn't handle that, I think, and what came after that was a series of "tag-you're it" comments... until you called my actions flaming...

...which I thought was weak.
Last edited by Legion on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.


Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Archangel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 am

Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.


Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.



I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.


I'm sorry. I hear that a lot, actually. Allow me to elaborate, then. :)

There was a typo there. It should say, "I better run, now that you've called in the cavalry and all."

I was referring to your calling my replies "flaming", apparently hoping someone important might notice and do me unimaginable harm.

What I meant was that you called me (and Mesk) pretentious, at which point I called you pretentious back (hey, it's only fair, cos you are at least as much as I am). You couldn't handle that, I think, and what came after that was a series of "tag-you're it" comments... until you called my actions flaming...

...which I thought was weak.


Whoa whoa whoa. I think you and I are having two entirely different conversations here.

But considering I was referring to my own posts as flames which you witlessly tripped over yourself throughout, I must say this is telling me a lot about you and how important you think yourself to be.

Let me help you out here: If I wanted to flag you, I wouldn't bother conspiring a devious plot, weaving subtle messages into a drawn-out thread hoping someone of prominence might notice our squabble and take some sort of unspecified action. I'd much easier simply message Lavs personally and tell him to do you "unimaginable harm." To which he would laugh and call me an idiot. Because this entire ordeal is not as important as you think it is.

Because you're not as important as you think you are.

Hence the communication gap.
- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was


User avatar

AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 am
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby AA7Dragoon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 am

"Now see here, sir.  I raise your penis with my own and piss at thee!"

"That be a sorry piss.  Notice how mine is much more clear and copious.  Your yellow hue is soiling the snow."

"What ho!  It is the yellowness that gives my piss an assertive swagger and presence.  Yours marks only the presence of a child's stream!"

"Mayhap o villainous miscreant.  But no one can deny how your pubes interfere with the flow of your piss.  It's as if a woman is tinkling!"

"Fie!  You go too far, sir!"
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.

User avatar

Topic author
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Legion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 am

Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Legion wrote:
Archangel wrote:I only got to play the first Civ. That was the game that got me into computer games. Period.

Then my buddy introduced me to Command & Conquer on, I think it was the N64 or whatever consol it was on (forever ago) and that blew my mind. "IT'S LIKE CHESS! BUT AT THE SAME TIME!"

Then, in 8th grade we got ahold of a copy of Warcraft 2 and that was it for me. I was an RTS whore groupie. Have been ever since.

Legion wrote:All that name-calling, man, I gotta ask... What's the deal?


Your free trial of Flame Warz 2010 has expired. If you would like to continue, please "subscribe" by selecting any of our auto-renewal premiere accounts available: Basic / Xtra / Xstream / InternetNub.


Haha, flaming? Are you for real? Cos I called you pretentious back?

I better run for, now that you've called in the cavalry and all.



I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.


I'm sorry. I hear that a lot, actually. Allow me to elaborate, then. :)

There was a typo there. It should say, "I better run, now that you've called in the cavalry and all."

I was referring to your calling my replies "flaming", apparently hoping someone important might notice and do me unimaginable harm.

What I meant was that you called me (and Mesk) pretentious, at which point I called you pretentious back (hey, it's only fair, cos you are at least as much as I am). You couldn't handle that, I think, and what came after that was a series of "tag-you're it" comments... until you called my actions flaming...

...which I thought was weak.


Whoa whoa whoa. I think you and I are having two entirely different conversations here.

But considering I was referring to my own posts as flames which you witlessly tripped over yourself throughout, I must say this is telling me a lot about you and how important you think yourself to be.

Let me help you out here: If I wanted to flag you, I wouldn't bother conspiring a devious plot, weaving subtle messages into a drawn-out thread hoping someone of prominence might notice our squabble and take some sort of unspecified action. I'd much easier simply message Lavs personally and tell him to do you "unimaginable harm." To which he would laugh and call me an idiot. Because this entire ordeal is not as important as you think it is.

[size=100]Because you're not as important as you think you are.[/size]

Hence the communication gap.


Bummer.

I could have gone on for days.

Edit:

However, you telling me I'm not as important as I think I am makes me laugh uncontrollably. Really, I mean, it's the "pretentious situation"  all over again a couple of posts further down.

Edit 2:

AA7, get out of the way. I was about to nail this fucker!!! :D
Last edited by Legion on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby thebrowncloud » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:59 am

*eats popcorn and takes drink of Tab Cola*

I'm waiting for the "yo mama..." jokes to begin. Please tell me this is only a preview of a full-length feature!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw

User avatar

K_A
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:15 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby K_A » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.
However this is quite a useless argument.....
Perhaps you both think of this argument as a game.
I'm probably wasting my time here, but
GO GET A ROOM!
no seriously there should be a thread for this
Hmmmmm whats this blue box doing here.....
Whoahh I can type in it!
I think i'll leave a message in it...........
*Writes something down*
                                              ......Hi

User avatar

Topic author
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Legion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:23 pm

K_A wrote:This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.


I know. That's because Archangel called me pretentious after I expressed my dislike of Command & Conquer, if memory serves.

Feel free to get this topic back on track. I'm having a great time either way, so don't do it for me. Do it for the children.


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Xelxiuz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm

To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

But I'd like to think of all this as entertainment.

User avatar

wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby wibod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Legion wrote:
K_A wrote:This has nothing to do with useless games anymore.


I know. That's because Archangel called me pretentious after I expressed my dislike of Command & Conquer, if memory serves.

Feel free to get this topic back on track. I'm having a great time either way, so don't do it for me. Do it for the children.



Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.
Image

User avatar

Topic author
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:17 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Legion » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Xelxiuz wrote:To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

But I'd like to think of all this as entertainment.


OK. But you sure you're in the right thread? This is the epic battle between Archangel (the bad) and Legion (the good).

wibod wrote:Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.


Hmm. Debatable.


Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby Xelxiuz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Legion wrote:
Xelxiuz wrote:To be fair, Mesk is like a lot of my friends which could easily annoy the hell out of anyone at the same time that they would make others fall in love with them in homosexual ways, so I can see how someone could get offended by him. Hell people get offended by his commentary.

But I'd like to think of all this as entertainment.


OK. But you sure you're in the right thread? This is the epic battle between Archangel (the bad) and Legion (the good).

wibod wrote:Last CnC game worth playing was RA2.


Hmm. Debatable.


Oh I know, but someone mentioned Mesk, so I figured I'd bring him back into the side lines so we can get this ONE ON ONE NO ITEMS NO TIME LIMIT FINAL DESTINATION match going.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘ జ్ఞ‌ా
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 pm

ew C&C

Generals was okay I guess, best game of the lot

everything else...

ew.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest