2010 March 1 - Dark Void - Above the Canopy

Discuss the latest and past MP3's of the Week here.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

2010 March 1 - Dark Void - Above the Canopy

Post by IskatuMesk »

Title: Above the Canopy
Source: Dark Void
Artist: Bear McCreary
Type: Orchestral

Long had I desired for the composer of BSG's legendary soundtrack to make a true honest-to-god battle theme. Out of all of BSG, only 2-3 tracks were suitable for battle cues in any of my projects.

Then by chance I stumbled across the Dark Void soundtrack and immediately recognized his name.

And by God this soundtrack is awesome. My desires had long been met. There is a ton of amazing tracks in this set, picking the best one was hard, so I picked one of the ones I'm using for a Zelconian battle track in Throne of Armageddon.

Also fixed a minor incorrect date issue with the last upload.

God of War 3 comes out very soon. I can't fucking wait to hear the new music. I am more excited about GoW3's music then I've been for most things in the past few years.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: 2010 March 1 - Dark Void - Above the Canopy

Post by Thalraxal »

Awesome!  Bear McCreary's soundtrack for BSG was one of the many things that made that show great.  Although not even a good soundtrack could salvage that sorry excuse for a final episode *grumblegrumblegrumble*.

*ehem* Anyway, I remember hearing about him doing the soundtrack for Dark Void, but I forgot all about it until now.  Definately Bear McCreary there.  Further investigation will be required.  Thanks, Mesk!
LuckyFool
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by LuckyFool »

Whoa the last minute or so was really intense and awesome. Makes me want to go get the rest of the soundtrack if it's similar to that...
- TheAvenger
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

oh look gow3 actually comes out on the 16th well african american gentlemen