StarCraft II Beta - Patch 1 (version 0.3.0.14093)BALANCE CHANGES
[li]The armor value for this unit in Fighter Mode has decreased from 1 to 0.[/li]
- The damage done by this unit in Fighter Mode has changed from 6 (+8 armored) to 10 (+4 armored).
[li]The damage done from D-8 Charges has decreased from 40 to 30.[/li]
- The delay between attacks for D-8 Charges has decreased from 2.5 to 1.8.
- Orbital Command
[li]The build time for this upgrade has decreased from 50 to 35.[/li]
[li]Gravitic Boosters: The cost of this research has decreased from 150 minerals and 150 vespene gas to 100 minerals and 100 vespene gas.[/li]
- High Templar
[li]Phase Shift: This ability has been removed from the game.[/li]
- New ability: Feedback - Drains all energy from the target unit and causes damage equal to the amount of energy drained.
[li]The building pathing radius for this unit has decreased from .75 to .5625.[/li]
[li]Vortex: The energy cost of this ability has increased from 75 to 100.[/li]
- Vortex: The target radius of this ability has decreased from 3.0 to 2.5.
- Temporal Rift: This ability has been removed from the game.
- Wormhole Transit: This ability has been removed from the game.
- New ability: Mass Recall - Teleports all of the player's units in the target area to the Mothership.
[li]Chrono Boost can no longer target allies.[/li]
[li]The build time of this building has increased from 50 to 65.[/li]
[li]Fungal Growth: The damage done by this ability has decreased from 48 to 36.[/li]
- Fungal Growth: This ability now prevents affected units from burrowing.
- Neural Parasite: Functionality changed - The Infestor now channels this spell, which lasts 10 seconds or until the Infestor is destroyed. You can now target all units with this ability.
- Terran Infestation: The ability’s energy cost has reduced from 50 to 25 and Infested Terrans now spawn 1 at a time.
- Addressed an issue causing people to receive an “Internal Battle.net Error” message with their game client.
- Muting your microphone will no longer cause your microphone to be turned off in the operating system once the program has exited.
[li]Please note that the voice chat functionality has only partially been implemented. There are many known issues with voice chat that we expect to address in a future patch.
- The “Medium” graphical settings were reconfigured to work better on appropriate machines. The video settings “auto-detect” functionality has been reset as a result.
- Added a frame rate limiter to the game menus to prevent some graphics cards from running at higher frame rates than necessary.
Interesting note - the game makes an extra folder for old exe and dll files, potentially for old replays? Can't log in right now, will try it when bnet is back up.
Thoughts on patch -
Mothership got a needed nerf, but mass recall looks crazy.
Viking got a needed buff vs light air, not sure about armor loss though.
Reaper got BUFFED vs buildings? Wtf? Yes, he does a bit less damage, but his DPS actually went up. Nexus hit-and-run will remain strong, even stronger now.
Infestors spawn marines again or something? Channeled MC looks silly if used properly - mc Mothership and vortex protoss fleet, suicide mothership into your own army.
Slight nerf to Gateways so 2gate isn't so fucking OP.
No more chrono trigger allies! Good change.
No changes to hydras? Roaches? Well, they've said they don't want to do any major balancing for a few weeks. I guess hydra spam will remain insane.