Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Lavarinth SC2 Beta Coverage

Post by Lavarinth »

"Holy mother this game's a lot faster than I remember playing!"

First words out of my mouth.

More to come.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Lavarinth SC2 Beta Coverage

Post by Lavarinth »

There's definitely an array of bugs that'll have to be solved but that's all due within time.

BahamutZERO is having a spree finding them, too.

Apparently massing carriers still works these days, except far more efficient. With the ability to make buildings produce 50% faster, you can pump them out within 10 minutes. A mean a fleet of them. And their new attack mechanics definitely aren't pleasing to your victim. The moment they release, they attack, and straight dead on to your target. And what's this?! An enhancement to make them release even faster? Talk about a death trap.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I had quite an amazing game a few days ago that I believe IskatuMesk will be commenting on, he wasn't a part of it, it was with BahamutZERO, WarBringer, and Raziel. It was an intense FFA featuring a lot of massing. Eventually at one point as I snuck into WarBringer's base through the front door since he dislikes detection, I planted a Nuke straight on his Nexus as BahamutZERO also came in for the attack.. Effectively demolishing all his units and basically saving WarBringer. It was unexpected and epic none-the-less.

I seem to have issues with the Ghost with often, not a day when he cloaks he will still freely attack, making anyone aware of his presence. He does have a Hold Fire button which works like Hold Position except he doesn't attack at all, however you have to almost press it WHILE he's walking to guarantee he wont fire at something. One accidental move command and he's back to firing his eyes out for King and Country in the heart of a Protoss base. I say this needs some adjusting.

Also, I'll be crafting up a video section on the site as I continue with the current plans, which'll organize all the videos placed on the site.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That replay was what the fuck. WB was obviously just playing with you guys but it was really funny to see how underpowered battlecruisers really are. I don't think you killed more than 3-4 stalkers in that one fight. I always figured bcs were kind of weak but that was just stupid.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: That replay was what the fuck. WB was obviously just playing with you guys but it was really funny to see how underpowered battlecruisers really are. I don't think you killed more than 3-4 stalkers in that one fight. I always figured bcs were kind of weak but that was just stupid.
Yes, true that- Strange though as they can Demolish through Mutalisks if I remember correctly and tear through Thors which are apparently titled the "best AA" in the game.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Lol. Thors don't even SCRATCH Mustache Lords. And mutalisks obliterate BC's. Watch my new FFA - a guy's thor is shooting at my Mustache Lord for like 10 seconds and it maybe loses half health. BC's damage is spread out too long a burst to do significant damage to a lot of mutalisks. Sc1 BC's were stronger because their damage came all at once and faster, and every shot in sc2 gets an armor calculation so that reduces it that much further.

Best AA right now is Carriers and Void Rays, really. Corruptors are nice too but wasted on light air.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: Lol. Thors don't even SCRATCH Mustache Lords. And mutalisks obliterate BC's. Watch my new FFA - a guy's thor is shooting at my Mustache Lord for like 10 seconds and it maybe loses half health. BC's damage is spread out too long a burst to do significant damage to a lot of mutalisks. Sc1 BC's were stronger because their damage came all at once and faster, and every shot in sc2 gets an armor calculation so that reduces it that much further.

Best AA right now is Carriers and Void Rays, really. Corruptors are nice too but wasted on light air.
"Mustache Lord" has too much armor or health, one or the other, one of those took out like five or six Marines without issue, not even losing half it's life.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Considering its place in the zerg tech tree, that's good. Marines kind of suck right now anyways. Try Ultralisks on marines, the results'll be much worse.

Vikings make short work of them.
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Lavarinth wrote: I seem to have issues with the Ghost with often, not a day when he cloaks he will still freely attack, making anyone aware of his presence. He does have a Hold Fire button which works like Hold Position except he doesn't attack at all, however you have to almost press it WHILE he's walking to guarantee he wont fire at something. One accidental move command and he's back to firing his eyes out for King and Country in the heart of a Protoss base. I say this needs some adjusting.
Have you tried right-clicking on Hold Fire to toggle it? I don't know if that works, just throwing out ideas. It should be togglable, though.