It's been fun, I'm going to miss you guys...

Moderator: Milldawg

Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Re: It's been fun, I'm going to miss you guys...

Post by Xelxiuz »

Cyclical. You'll get this back in a decade, except with marriage pictures to show off.
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

Lavarinth, what about the war part... and the PCM part?
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Negi wrote: Lavarinth, what about the war part... and the PCM part?
War part? PCM part?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Death_Wing
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by Death_Wing »

I haven't been at CC for a long time and haven't been extremely active/cool/progressive/anything-that-gets-you-ppls-attention, but have learnt a lot from you people. It is fun reading all your posts, we were like a small village and I was one of those guys that just moved (4 months or so ago) being quiet, not knowing anyone and all.

I'm young and stupid, creative but freaking lazy, I experiment too much without getting anything done and I have limited resources (Crappy Computer, Zero Motivation, Crappy Internet Speeds/Bandwidth limit and the need to explore/simply play games all day.)

I just wish I was better, a prodigy, or someone that has freaking amazing talents.... but there has to be losers to be winners(Ooo another quote for my sig!).

I'm just sick of seeing the obvious winners and the obvious losers. Most of you here at CC are winners, I don't want more losers to come into CC and ruin my quality forum time! At least some of the losers here keep quiet or are funny or something that makes them not so bad, but out there, in the other forums, I have seen the horrors of the simple-minded. I just hope that we can chase them away with clever wording and such.

Oh well, life's harsh (for most) guess we gotta live with it.

Edit: Wow, that was a weird post... haha, that's what 5 glasses of wine does I guess...  (for those who recall my age...)
What?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Negi wrote: Wait what about that one site that you made?  Ashworld's lava or something.  All of the pages were framed with the zerg UI, right?  Also, can we start a war with SA or no?  Is there an official policy on that whole thing?  Is PCM still a staff member over there, because I know that he's still a retard.
PCM and Xaran got kicked off the site by Magic a while ago when he found out they had run it into the ground.
Negi

Post by Negi »

Death_Wing, nobody missed you.  I doubt anyone here even knows you.  ::)

IskatuMesk, I'm glad to hear that.  Why would magic ever form an alliance with PCM is the real question.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

He got pretty busy so he let them had free reign and disappeared for a while.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Oh, I didn't read your entire post. That's what you were asking.

The war- Aren't any sites competing for content and activity basically a warzone? To be honest, no offense to SA, but there's no leadership or direction, it's basically a graveyard and Magic (no offense to him) isn't going to do anything about it other than post his articles in outdated site. Might as well wipe it clean and install WordPress.

Also PCM is not really around too much anymore, to my knowledge. I know he's out of SA and not here. And we already held our war with Xaran.
IskatuMesk wrote: PCM and Xaran got kicked off the site by Magic a while ago when he found out they had run it into the ground.
Is there a difference from running it to the ground and running it on the ground? Does such a statement declare he should kick himself off the site?
Negi wrote: Death_Wing, nobody missed you.  I doubt anyone here even knows you.  ::)
It's reasons like that I banned you for four days, I have no problems banning you for longer.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

SA was actually somewhat active on the forums before Xaran came into power and PCM got moderator abilities. They killed it, not magic.
Death_Wing

Post by Death_Wing »

Lavarinth wrote:
Negi wrote: Death_Wing, nobody missed you.  I doubt anyone here even knows you.  ::)
It's reasons like that I banned you for four days, I have no problems banning you for longer.
From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure out of 81 posts in this small community on the more popular threads, some of you might of actually picked up "Hey, someone new!".

Though I'm happy, and yet creeped out at the same time, that Lavarinth  is standing up for the people (even newbies like me), Negi kind of made a semi-valid point. I don't think anyone here really cares for my existence, but I'll be here, progressing, and then after maybe 150 posts, people might realize I'm here.
What?
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

Well, I've been here for years and many people probably don't know me. It happens. Don't worry about it. Just be a considerate poster and people will accept you.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Aww, Desler, in your old age you are getting so sentimental.

I'm actually excited for the onset of StarCraft 2.  I hope Lavarinth and the Staff are able to channel all the new energy into Campaign Creations to grow it again.  We've outlasted a lot of communities.  Remember Infoceptor?  We actually had a cyber war with them at one point.  Does anyone actually remember that?  Well, we're still alive and the last news update Deathwing posted at Infoceptor was back in 2007, haha!

There will be a place for Campaign Creations in the Blizzard community.  Yes, there will be campaign projects, but I think we also need to focus on bringing in and cultivating battle.net map users.  Whole communities developed out of DoTA and Tides of Blood, WarCraft III maps.  If we can tap into casual online custom map making, we can continue to be successful.

I am also planning to take an active role at Campaign Creations by offering my services as a voice actor.  I've purchased a microphone and am willing to contribute to Desler's work and other campaign makers.

I enjoy 'this,' but I am also excited about the future!  I suppose its the educator in me.  The young, and the new generations energize me and inspire me to grow with them.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'm really interested in your voice acting, AA7. If you can send a demo or some samples that'd be great.

I plan to continue work on my sins mod when I've had my fill of the SC2 beta. I don't know if I'll be able to complete it, but I'm definitely going to be putting as many of my ships into the game as possible, and I have a few voice actors on hand that I'll contact when it reaches a reasonable point of completion.

But I really doubt I have a future in sc2.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

AA7Dragoon wrote: There will be a place for Campaign Creations in the Blizzard community.  Yes, there will be campaign projects, but I think we also need to focus on bringing in and cultivating battle.net map users.  Whole communities developed out of DoTA and Tides of Blood, WarCraft III maps.  If we can tap into casual online custom map making, we can continue to be successful.
It's going to be quite hard for campaigns to become a casual thing. The word campaign itself, implies an investment to begin with.
IskatuMesk wrote:I'm really interested in your voice acting, AA7. If you can send a demo or some samples that'd be great.
Speaking of voice, you sound a lot like Vector-Zero, except you are a lot more eccentric. I would try to go into further detail, but I believe only Mucky and TPC would understand what I mean when I say you sound like some fusion of Vector and Eruruu.

Which brings me to this point, Matt calls us by user name in real life.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah I have no idea who those two names belong to.

Most people just say I sound like a lunatic.

Not that they're incorrect.