Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

Shizuka really wasn't meant to have a Bounce attack for a long time; I'm just too lazy to change all the values to remove it (that, and the bounce attack will get messed up when you introduce Orbs too). It works fine with Missile (Bounce) with no bounces anyway.

I think quite a few characters have a longer range than their acquisition range. I believe the reason it was that low so they wouldn't auto-acquire every single thing that ran past them, which is probably the worst behavior.

And as for updating previous Books, I toy with that idea all the time I come up with new art. I actually sat down and did some decent art for Miranda for the first time in 8 years. Some of it is going to show up in Book 6.

[imgwh 100x150]http://wos.campaigncreations.org/images ... daidol.jpg[/imgwh]

Miranda wearing a dress. Somewhat inspired by her idol persona.

[imgwh 100x150]http://wos.campaigncreations.org/images ... negown.jpg[/imgwh]

Selene wearing a dress. Can't really see it in the avatar, but her motif is ribbons-- lots and lots of ribbons. In retrospect I needed to depict her more homely than her other outfit which is more of battle attire.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Davzz
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Davzz »

I think quite a few characters have a longer range than their acquisition range. I believe the reason it was that low so they wouldn't auto-acquire every single thing that ran past them, which is probably the worst behavior.
That may be the intention, but it seems that Warcraft III engine automatically caps Range to be less or equal than Acquistion Range. You can test with this simple experiment.

Kurumi Acquistion Range 3000, Range 3000 - Kurumi's attack range displays as 3000 in-game and can attack enemies from multiple screens away.

Kurumi Acquistion Range 500, Range 3000 - Kurumi's attack range displays as 500 in-game and she can't do the above.

So basically Summoner just has gimped attack range for no real benefit, while Gunner will actually acquire targets that are slightly further than she can target.

Miranda was one of the characters that I could never picture what she was supposed to look like outside of her WarIII model so I guess more art of her is good. But... isn't she NOT in Book 6 outside of Free Mode? Will Hikaru be getting his Soul Shift ability back?
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

it's wonderful you're doing art again, RazorClaw.

heck, i'm trying to get back to it myself.

(just need to step away from Final Fantasy 13 for a bit...)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

TheNewHorde wrote: it's wonderful you're doing art again, RazorClaw.

heck, i'm trying to get back to it myself.

(just need to step away from Final Fantasy 13 for a bit...)
I'm still waiting for the US release. :'(
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

it's the best RPG i have played so far, and my favorite FF.

however, people who are used to playing the recent FFs by Nomura like FF7/8/9/10/10-2 would not appreciate the gameplay probably.

it's completely Linear, literally only one path you can take.  it's more linear than Wanderers of Sorceria, where you can only go from chapter to chapter doing what RazorClawX set us up to do or else it's game over.
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

when i say Linear, i don't mean just the story, i mean the MAP ITSELF IS LINEAR.  one straight line that runs all the way through the game until you reach chapter 11.  but it's actually mostly linear anyway because u can't enter any other place in chapter 11, it's all locked out. 
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Two new bosses, just because I could. Both are optional.
-- Razorclaw X
welivefordarkness32
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by welivefordarkness32 »

Hey RCX, Why do I get the problem everytime I start book 6 it just starts off with a dark screen. Does it need the latest patch or the earlier ones.
Last edited by welivefordarkness32 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Version that's on the page only works with 2.23 at the moment. I'm still working on the version that works with the latest patch, but as you probably can tell I've been adding stuff to it until I'm satisfied.

Most of the additions are the comic book-style artwork included in certain cutscenes that I always wanted to do since I started on Book 1.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
welivefordarkness32

Post by welivefordarkness32 »

Well, I just hope you can finish it so that it can play on 1.24. I played book 1 to 5 and started 6 after i finished after a month. It was really dissapointing.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I finally decided that there was absolutely nothing I could do to make the secret ending any better. It's better off the way it is now than if I actually tried to add visuals to it. The style I wanted was for the dream world everything looked cartoony and the real world everything took upon a real world setting.

Of the two optional bosses, one of them is on par of difficulty with the rest of the bosses; the other is flat out unfair and is meant to be. Of course, the reward for beating the latter is much better.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Did a marathon playthrough. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. Found out I broke the elevator in Hikaru's story. Hikaru's version of South District still has RAM problems.

I also feel that Kurumi's bosses are all overall easier than the other characters, probably due to the Chaos Sentinel being there. On the other hand without it Kurumi can't take any hits whatsoever. Clench is the lamest boss because he hardly does anything and mostly stalls. In comparison Kasumi hardly does anything, either, but what she does at all is a lot more exciting.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Fixed up the website. Updated the artwork. Fixed some links that should've been fixed a long time ago.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Reduced the requirements to get the best ending sequences. They were actually pretty unreasonably high.

Fixed a pathing trap in the West District. If you used the Harpoon gun on a post near the middle of the map you can't get out of it without another harpoon post.

Fixed the Freemode Harpoon posts not giving visibility to anyone but Shizuka. Of course that probably still doesn't help if you don't tag all the posts before you start jumping around on them.

Added Mizuki to Freemode.

As far as Freemode goes, most of the campaign characters get a line of dialogue with some of the bosses here and there, but the characters that get the most interactions, overall, are Dalles, Sorana, and Mizuki. Kazgaroth gets a large wall of text if you take him to see Duke Shivak, of course. Finally, the Madoshi Heroes all get the Tether Rifle skill so they can go to the same places Shizuka can go-- for whatever that's worth.

Also as a source of amusement you can switch out Hikaru for Miranda in his story mode. And yes, that does become amusing when the dialogue always assumes it's Hikaru doing the talking.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Larc
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Larc »

Glad to see you're still working on it, I hope the last book will be updated soon. I wanna replay everithing, these campaigns are just too damn addictive. :)
Last edited by Larc on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.