The Mesk Blog - November 26 2009

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

The Mesk Blog - November 26 2009

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Well, yesterday I went out to Sir Black Physician again.

My wellbutrin dosage was doubled, so now I take two blue 3mg pills. They taste awful. I haven't noticed any effects so far.

I was given a new drug called Ativan. Granny has apparently been on this drug for 20 years. The Physician mentioned multiple times that it is highly addictive, so I'm not on a regular dose, just when anxiety attacks come on. I had such an attack yesterday and took one, but noticed no effect until about 10 hours later where I started to feel seriously cracked out/awake. Today I am still crippled by anxiety but I don't know if I should keep taking it.

We also talked about my blood tests. My cholesterol is high, but not really that high. I was kind of disappointed, I was honestly hoping for a heart attack sometime soon. But it doesn't seem like there's any hope for that. Now I also take tremendously huge flaxseed oil capsules. 3 of them a day. Argh, I feel like an old guy in retirement. That was probably caused by the Zyprexa I was taking before.

Apparently the "Alarming liver problem" the mental health wouldn't explain to me is just a heightened level of something or another. I didn't catch the name, it was some strange abbreviation I didn't understand at all and didn't seem to cause any worry. Damn, another missed opportunity. My other cholesterol levels are "perfectly fine". Well, I guess since I don't get the chance to eat anything that would normally cause problems I am just dandy. Hideous, but dandy. How depressing.

Today I went out again. Christ, I'm such a fucking social butterfly. But I had to get another 1.4kg canister of Cashews from costco, and some pringles.

I was sitting on a bench in Walmart while granny paid for the items. An old guy sat down beside me. Time passed. Then a young guy approached. He had curly orange hair, like some kind of faggot, and silly thick glasses. He just stared at me as he slowly passed with the creepiest fucking smile I have ever seen. I feel defiled.

Something struck me. Everyone in Abbotsford is either a senior or is a fatass, or is an east Indian, but east Indians don't usually shop so early in the morning, so it was just old people and fatasses everywhere. It's like this everywhere. You might joke when the media sensationalizes obesity, but over here it is more than just an epidemic. I just hope that it kills everyone sooner than later. I'm not exactly perfectly in shape myself, but I'm not a 400lb monstrosity that shakes the earth with every step, either. It's hard to imagine how these people get so large when BC has the largest poverty rate in all of Canada and everyone here can only dream of being middle class. When you drive by the welfare office it is just packed with people every single day.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant in Zellers and I was baffled by how fucking expensive it was. Toast, hashbrowns for Granny and Neville, coffee for all of us and a sausage muffin for me (wow, they don't have sausage patties anymore so they instead split a single tiny sausage down the middle and used that in the hamburger bun instead instead. WTF?) costed over $22. And the entire time we were eating, these two fat bitches and their choir of stupid kids are just bawling their eyes out and screaming away next to us. Every time I step into the public I am overcome by how little control parents have over their fucking kids, and how little of a shit they give about what they are doing. There is always someone screaming. I often get the desire to just walk up and punch their kids in the face as hard as I possibly can, followed by the parents. One of these days I'm going to do just that.

Now you know one of the many reasons why I hate going out.

Yesterday I wrote out the huge ass modding general sense article I've been wanting to write for a while. It took me all day between dealing with drugs and cats.

http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/index.php?topic=2118.0
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: The Mesk Blog - November 26 2009

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 am

Well, I can't render anything, anymore. I get this error, or a generic crash, whenever I try to render any scene of any model.

I have no fucking idea what's going on anymore.

Oh, and for the record, that model is 4.9k poly.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 am

Sounds like if it WANTED to calculate it (not that it's trying to) there wouldn't be enough memory. What's the model look like and have you tried other rendering options? (Maya Software, Mental Ray, etc)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 pm

The model is pretty simple, as are all of my models. It doesn't matter which model I use or what scene I use, or if there's lights or not. I haven't tried maya or the others, though.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Postby Mucky » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Considering what Lav said, it could be that your 12 gigs of memory is being read as 1 gig or even lower, and is returning that error based on such falsehood. Kind of like how my HoMM3 installation kept telling me that I had 2 megs of memory when I actually had 2 gigs.

Is this your first time trying to render a model on that computer?

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm

No, I rendered the grand vindicator and stuff on this computer not so long ago.

I have a theory that it's the new video drivers, as the viewports also tend to crash and cease updating until I restart max.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Postby UntamedLoli » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:06 pm

He sent me the model and i'm getting the same error with 8gb of ram.

EDIT: Attempting to even convert the mesh to anything else makes max explode.
Last edited by UntamedLoli on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Okay, now it isn't crashing anymore with the other scenes, but that one model is just brain damage on a stick.

I have no idea what's going on.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:14 pm

IskatuMesk wrote:Okay, now it isn't crashing anymore with the other scenes, but that one model is just brain damage on a stick.

With knives coming out of it?

I did some searching on Google and found this: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=178440

*FIXED*
For some reason the actual 3d max scene file got corrupted, had to remodel the part of the model

"Remodel". Sounds like you're shit out of luck.

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Okay. Well it isn't a huge deal because I still have the source model from maya and I'm not really losing anything... but...

I'd love to know how it got corrupted at all. Maybe 3ds max 2009's FBX handling is broken? Because it gave me trouble when exporting to FBX a while ago as well.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image

Return to “The Doackendium”