Campaign Creations StarCraft Campaign Contest Details

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Campaign Creations StarCraft Campaign Contest Details

Post by Lavarinth »

It must involve the time between StarCraft and StarCraft 2, note the title of the project being "Four Years Between," however, can be any period of that time.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Is it ok if we stop our campaign at the beginning of 2505? we sort of let the events known about SC2, the Dark Templar Saga, and the Frontline stories take over from there. Alot of them will be mentioned in our epilogue, though
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

thebrowncloud wrote: Is it ok if we stop our campaign at the beginning of 2505? we sort of let the events known about SC2, the Dark Templar Saga, and the Frontline stories take over from there. Alot of them will be mentioned in our epilogue, though
Lavarinth wrote: It must involve the time between StarCraft and StarCraft 2, note the title of the project being "Four Years Between," however, can be any period of that time.
Yes, it's ok. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

omega20 wrote:
thebrowncloud wrote: Is it ok if we stop our campaign at the beginning of 2505? we sort of let the events known about SC2, the Dark Templar Saga, and the Frontline stories take over from there. Alot of them will be mentioned in our epilogue, though
Lavarinth wrote: It must involve the time between StarCraft and StarCraft 2, note the title of the project being "Four Years Between," however, can be any period of that time.
Yes, it's ok. ;)
Glorious! Just making sure. Thanks much!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
omega20

Post by omega20 »

A question: when do the contest ends (I'm asking for the hour, of course ;))?
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You must submit before August 1st. Likely some lenience will be available if it's August 1st in the early morning.
- - Lavarinth
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Since the contest's end is closer and closer, here's some remainders :

1) Do remember to release your campaign on July 31th (preferably one or two days in advance). While there is lenience on August 1st in early morning, your early morning might be night on our side and so on (thus probably losing some points in the professional section if you are considered late).

2) Do edit your thread's name (you must edit the thread's first post) to add "Completed" or something similar to make it clear you released your first complete version (although you can still edit and re-upload as you like until the deadline).

3) Preferably post your campaign link also in the first post (and not just the last that will no longer be the last with reviews and such) of your thread for it to be easily found by both players and judges alike. Remember to change your first post's links if you edit your campaign between your first version and a new one before the deadline.

EDIT : Note that my timezone is GMT-5 being America Eastern Time (and Lavarinth might be possibly between GMT -6 and -8) to give an idea of the August 1st "early morning" zone which might be much more important to know for those that live far from us (Europe and such).

EDIT 2 : Since in a worst case scenario, due to timezones it might end up being a July 31th 18:00 deadline or so for those just live in the "wrong spots" of Europe to be in favor compared to our timezone.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Heh, double-posting but it's starting to be edit over edit and it's fairly important information anyway ...

4) If you are making a modded campaign, do mention the BW version your mod requires if required. Even if the modifications that don't require a specific version you should write it anyway to be sure you aren't penalized for crashing, oddies or plain not working and such just because the testers used a different BW version.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

EDIT 2 : Since in a worst case scenario, due to timezones it might end up being a July 31th 18:00 deadline or so for those just live in the "wrong spots" of Europe to be in favor compared to our timezone.
So is that American East, Pacific Time, or something else? Or do you mean just 6:00PM/18:00 wherever the contestant may live?
-George Bernard Shaw
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

thebrowncloud wrote:
So is that American East, Pacific Time, or something else? Or do you mean just 6:00PM/18:00 wherever the contestant may live?
For our schedules, it's fine until July 31th near midnight or so regardless of any timezone between American East and Pacific Time. Although we do give some lenience next morning due to timezones.

However, when I spoke of a possible July 31th 18:00 deadline is for those that live in Europe or other far sections with very different timezones where morning there might be night in our timezone and so on thus their final deadline might end up being much sooner if they want to respect our relative deadline in OUR timezones.

Ultimately if you live in the USA or in Canada or somewhere every close, just follow a 31th July almost midnight deadline and you will be fine (even if you end up being August 1st at 3:00 AM to Lavarinth or something).
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

As mentioned there will likely be some leniency around the August 1st deadline, especially considering I may not even be available until the 2nd.
- - Lavarinth
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

If Lavarinth won't be there, I can be there to enforce the relative deadline of the contest then. While there will be considerable leniency, it will be until around late morning of August 1st of Eastern Zone (I would say early morning but I am considering those in the Pacific Zone).

You can still post your campaign after the deadline I would ultimately decide (if Lavarinth isn't there to decide) but expect to start losing points in the professional aspect for being late.

EDIT : So just to be safe, just post your campaign on July 31th.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

So it's safe to say that it will be considered late anytime after noon (eastern time)?
-George Bernard Shaw
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

thebrowncloud wrote: So it's safe to say that it will be considered late anytime after noon (eastern time)?
Pretty much.

Although, I tend to insist on the release of campaigns on July 31th since anytime after that is starting to play with fire.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Follow my post. It's my responsibility in the end. Submitting on August 1st is fine. In a sense, it's what I wanted to do originally, especially considering I started the contest a week later than I was hoping for while I awaited response from Blizzard.  However if the forum post time dictates "August 2nd" you would be deducted points.

Curious as to what time the forum is at compared to your time? Make a post to find out.
- - Lavarinth