Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: The Will of Atai

Post by Church »

The Will of Atai is a great campaign!

So far I have beaten the first two levels. My ranks:

Prologue: Recruit

Level 1: Marine

Level 2: Tom Kazansky (I cheated, but I tried a lot of times before cheating.)

Just beat level 3, and it is so far my favorite! It was sweet!

Also, I got Arbiter rank, then it said I got Fenix (Highest rank!)

How did I do that? Oh well, I don't care, the mission was great.
Last edited by Church on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Church

Post by Church »

Okay, I am finally done the great campaign! Sorry, I forgot my ranks....

This was a great campaign, it was not so long that I got bored, and was not so short that it was no fun. It was just the right length!
I really like all the special abilities, and the fight with something Duke (the ultralisk with the missiles) was really fun.
YamiShadow
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by YamiShadow »

I WILL play this campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like how you added special abilities, and I was wondering where I can download the game called Kane!

;D

:-)
I am the Darchon!
:D

:-D

[quote="Maglok"]
*head->desk*
[/quote]

Also, I'm now Negi's apprentice.
YamiShadow

Post by YamiShadow »

Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: Okay, I am finally done the great campaign! Sorry, I forgot my ranks....

This was a great campaign, it was not so long that I got bored, and was not so short that it was no fun. It was just the right length!
I really like all the special abilities, and the fight with something Duke (the ultralisk with the missiles) was really fun.
Awesome!  Did you beat the Ice World one and Ash World one (last two playing missions) without cheats?  If so, cheers! 

The battle with Duke Omnivus is one of my favorites too.  About how long do you think the whole campaign took you?  Sometimes people ask me for estimates, but after having to beat each mission so many times in beta testing, I think "under 4 hours" might be a pretty lowball figure. 
YamiShadow wrote: I WILL play this campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like how you added special abilities, and I was wondering where I can download the game called Kane!

Download links are on the first post.  Good luck!  I will work on getting them all in one download/not using 4shared soon, I just wanted to give the open beta another day to make sure no issues came up. 
Thankyou! But where do I look to find the game called Kane?
I am the Darchon!
:D

:-D

[quote="Maglok"]
*head->desk*
[/quote]

Also, I'm now Negi's apprentice.
Church

Post by Church »

Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: Okay, I am finally done the great campaign! Sorry, I forgot my ranks....

Awesome!  Did you beat the Ice World one and Ash World one (last two playing missions) without cheats?  If so, cheers! 

The battle with Duke Omnivus is one of my favorites too.  About how long do you think the whole campaign took you?  Sometimes people ask me for estimates, but after having to beat each mission so many times in beta testing, I think "under 4 hours" might be a pretty lowball figure. 
I tried to beat the last two withought cheats, but  they were too hard for me. I almost did though! I'm not really great at playing SC, but I still like it.

The whole campaign took me two days. It took me a lot more than four hours, I started yesterday evening and played as much as I could.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: The Will of Atai: Complete

Post by Krazy »

Here's a short video of a new spell in the last mission: Hero Hunter.   

The Will of Atai

http://www.4shared.com/file/121094080/6d67c7b4/ATAI_Light.html

Here's the current "Light" version.  The whole thing is 17 mbs, and contained in only 1 .zip so you don't have to deal with multiple links.

Alternate link to the "Light" version without the wait time from 4shared, thanks to Magic and Samods!:
http://samods.org/staff/magic/krazy/ATAI/ATAI_Light.zip

Bear in mind that these versions are not submissions for the campaign and should only be played if, for real, you're using dialup or something.

Second try:

The entire Special Edition in one download!

http://www.filefront.com/14181179/ATAI_SpecialEdition.zip
Last edited by Krazy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Just to be sure, is the special edition is the same the normal edition (in other words, your listed maps in post #1) but all maps in one zip or it has extra optional stuff or it's a more updated version or something?

Pretty much to know which edition would be considered for the contest if they are different (although probably the special one in such case).
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Okay, thanks.
George
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by George »

Hello. I have downloaded the full archive
Krazy wrote: Full (Special Edition) : http://www.filefront.com/14181179/ATAI_SpecialEdition.zip (337 megs)
and tried to play. And I've got problem with "ATAI_2_Kirin_S". WHERE can I get 500 units to kill? I killed all purple zergs I could (not colonies on the high level) and got about 50 kills. There is nothing more  to kill.  ???
What am I doing wrong?
George

Post by George »

Krazy wrote:When the countdown is complete units will spawn in masses and attack.
Ok, they came and I started to kill them. But after amount of kills reached 255, it does not want to grow (I suppose 1 byte limit). I killed a lot after that, but nothing happened. I can't enter the cave. It says Kane should have 500 kills. What am I doing wrong?
George

Post by George »

Krazy wrote: Kane himself does not have to have 500 kills; your total faction kills do.  Your faction kills are represented by the white player in the leaderboard.  When the white player has a score of 2000, you have made 500 kills and can confront Kirin.
Thank you.
Now I killed Kirin and would like to ask - how does the final score calculated? The second level and the second time I got 10 points.
It would be nice if the final text would inform me, how did I got this result.
Something like:
Time points (1 for > 600 sec, 2 for > 300 sec, ...) 2 total
Kills points (1 for < 100, 2 for < 200, ... ) 3 total
Total score: 10 points.
Or a "readme" file would also be Ok.
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

How the hell do you beat Hell?  The enemy Zealot's shields never go away.  Or maybe I missed something...
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Although this is the first campaign I played I didn't give a review of it.... until now.

pros:
- the trigger aspects of the missions are LotC quality and test the limit of what you can do with SC without using a mod
- Voices but..... see cons
- original and unique

cons:
- Quality of the voices are abysmal
- for some reason I found it difficult to be submerged into the story, it may have something to do with my next point below.
- too difficult

Overall, I think you stand a good chance of getting 2 beta keys. but I wouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched.
Last edited by chris on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
chris

Post by chris »

I used the term abysmal because I have a habit of exaggerating at first and because the word sounds cool. :P Its not that bad, but.... it barely sounds like the protoss. I can see you did your best since you could only use your voice, but voices like that of the guy with the portrait of a scout flyer are just.... not good. It throws me off the story. Voicing is an excellent addition to a campaign because it makes it easier to sink into the campaign but..... I dunno...
Edit:
I've decided I'm going to redownload and replay the campaign again, something tells me I've missed out on a lot.
Last edited by chris on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
chris

Post by chris »

ah I see.... thing is it sounds too terranish. What I think you should have done for lord finn is to make what he says seem sort of.... immature while making him sound like a normal protoss. Anyway, like I said, I'm going to replay this campaign. Now that I've played most of the existing ones I can make a better review if I play it again.

oh and one thing, your campaign is probably the best modless one ever made.
[quote="Zilla-"]
[/quote]