Starcraft: Aftermath (Updated Nov 22, 2017)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: Starcraft: Aftermath

Post by omega20 »

You're doing a really good work in your campaign, Gna. Your work always amaze me. Keep it up, pal! I cannot wait for your project's release. :D
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Wow, that is a truly magnificent start! Did you use the cover art for Queen of Blades as a model? I'd say you could even be compared to some of the Sons of the Storm artists!  Are you gonna include her "wings" in it? I can imagine those would be difficult to draw from the side...
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

/grabspopcorn

Thanks man, I love their work. I look up to these guys! And they're so awesome at what they do. If there was a chance to sit down and watch these guys work, it'll be +2 to all skills. ;) Ah, but you know how good they are and how they keep pushing the boundaries. :)

It's been sketched without reference though, so, there could be inconsistencies. And there are a few obvious ones right?  :)

Anyway, she'll be getting the pelvic extrusions. Keeping to the current Kerrigan model, maybe this one could take the "I'm almost there" state. So, even if her in-game model kinda has white stuff, this one's getting more meat out. :) Even so, the lower regions could get lost as the image gets fitted into a wider frame, and the focus set more at her hand.

Regarding Updates:
Getting to the final stretch! It feels good to have gone this far. And with that in mind, the Arcturus scenarios will be dropped. The purpose is to avoid too much clutter, and save emphasis or impact. Not to worry though, Raynor's Raiders will still be there to blast a few things sky-high. ;)

Two days from now, the scenarios will be played through. Final pass, and kaboom!
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Thanks man, I love their work. I look up to these guys! And they're so awesome at what they do. If there was a chance to sit down and watch these guys work, it'll be +2 to all skills.  Ah, but you know how good they are and how they keep pushing the boundaries.

Totally know what you mean! Those guys are absolutely god-like when it comes to drawing. Drawgoon was always my favorite, just because his landscapes are absolutely breath-taking. Samwise does some pretty awesome stuff, too, but I always like the stuff that Raneman did. Especially since almost all of it became cover art for the novels. I thought the Dark Templar Saga series were really cool pieces. The only one of his I didn't like was the "Super Zealot" thing. It looked nice, but it was way too over the top.
Now, Metzen has a special place in my heart for creating the SC universe and all of its glory, but there is something about his artwork that I just don't like..... I love the detail he puts into it, but it just seems..... disfigured. I might even go as far as saying it looks foreign.

Sorry for the off-topic post  :-\
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Well, everything has sides to them.

Anyway, I'm thinking of something like this:
Spoiler
omega20

Post by omega20 »

That huge dark ball behind her is... Char?

EDIT: For all the work you're putting on this campaign, I think it's about time someone give you some pie. You really deserve it! ;)
Last edited by omega20 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

PROJECT COMPLETED.

Download link located on the main post of this thread.
Last edited by GnaReffotsirk on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
omega20

Post by omega20 »

GnaReffotsirk wrote: PROJECT COMPLETED.

Yay! I'll play this one as soon as I can. ;)
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

GnaReffotsirk wrote: PROJECT COMPLETED.

Grats on finishing.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Re: Starcraft: Aftermath (Completed)

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

omega20 wrote: Yay! I'll play this one as soon as I can. ;)
I sure hope you do, my friend. I really do want to hear what you think. :)
Maglok wrote: Grats on finishing.
It was an awesome journey, and was fun before the wishing for SC2 editor kicked-in. The wonders of that thing... ;) I sure hope the judges can jot down some critic/review on this one. I'm sure every mapper would love to get insight to help them get better at what they love.

:)

All in all, I hope you guys like it. :) Anybody got a hammer yet? :)
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Sure here you go:
[imgwh 400x378]http://drukhier.nl/demo/components/com_ ... d96402.jpg[/imgwh]
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

:o ooh, shiny!  ;D ;D
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Right, I skimmed through this, its basically like adun, but shorter and slightly better. its pros and cons are different than adun but overall its as good as adun (or maybe a bit worse)

pros:
- you get to be with kerrigan, its been too long since I played a custom campaign with kerrigan in it, usually its all about daggoth.
- good music but.... see cons
- Almost no typos
- Decent mapping

cons:
- the music is too loud, you should just have told people to ctrl + M and set the music volume lower
- uninspiring/poor story, you feel at times confused and at other times like you're being told what happens instead of being in the action of it.
- Raynor strikes a deal with kerrigan [imgwh 147x97]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6697 ... epalmp.jpg[/imgwh]
Last edited by chris on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

I'm starting your campaign now. My feedback will all be opinionated, since I don't want to do any of the the judges' work for them. (i.e. I won't point out any lore problems and no bugs yet.)  ;)
-George Bernard Shaw
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Hey thanks guys!

Please, I think it will be best to keep comparisons secret. It's not fair, and it's just a personal opinion. Unless you are a judge, or objective enough and supportive/nurturing  in your statements, please keep such stuff at a low.  Nonetheless, thanks for your honest opinions.

Keep cutting! But please keep things relevant to their respective threads.

Thank you.

P.S. Lore problems would be awesome, thebrowncloud! But showing just Jim's baldy is not very nice. I'd prefer an argument than empty display of... well, scalp.
chris wrote: Right, I skimmed through this, its basically like adun, but shorter and slightly better. its pros and cons are different than adun but overall its as good as adun (or maybe a bit worse)

pros:
- you get to be with kerrigan, its been too long since I played a custom campaign with kerrigan in it, usually its all about daggoth.
- good music but.... see cons
- Almost no typos
- Decent mapping

cons:
- the music is too loud, you should just have told people to ctrl + M and set the music volume lower
- uninspiring/poor story, you feel at times confused and at other times like you're being told what happens instead of being in the action of it.
- Raynor strikes a deal with kerrigan [imgwh 147x97]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6697 ... epalmp.jpg[/imgwh]
You seem to know a lot. You got me very interested. Let's hear more. I can't resist a good challenge. Bring it!

Edit: Thanks to everyone who've downloaded and actually played them through. It's like around 37 downloads. I won't be around to defend this project from any malicious attacks, so, well, get the rape started! :D
Last edited by GnaReffotsirk on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.