Starcraft: Aftermath (Updated Nov 22, 2017)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Re: Starcraft: Aftermath

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Update calls.

I didn't want to spoil the process of playing the missions, or give too much away, but here is Act I's treatment.

The entire act up to the 2nd protoss mission is ready:

Act 1 Story and Missions Completed
Act 2 Up to the second Mission

Everything is working fine, and I'm pretty excited to see what you guys have to say about them. Soon enough. :)

Anyway, here's the treatment for Act I. I've purposely archived both the Document and an MP3 version generated by a text reader to keep it a bit harder to access, and an added password at that. If you are really interested in reading/hearing the treatment, you can crack this archive open, or provide the password.

A hint would be: Why do "the people perish"? The answer is the password. If you know the answer to the question, typing it down without spaces will allow you to access the files. ;)

Consider it a mini-game. :) Or you could simply PM me for it.

Remember this thing is going to be a Massive Spoiler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Give that thing Gna :) Let's read that.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

[imgwh 100x69]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4593/e ... 897d7d.gif[/imgwh]

You guys are awesome! You got it right but in a more condensed phrasing. L _ _ k of V_ _ _ _ n
all lower-case. No spaces.:)

Maggz, all I can say is, [imgwh 106x106]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1866/37337675.jpg[/imgwh] But, I'll PM you the password. (crosses fingers)

Oh, and, guys, this file doesn't contain maps. It's an audio file and a .rtf document both containing the same content: a Draft of ACT 1's Treatment. It's not that detailed but the plot is there. The audio file is a "read to mp3" version of the document, using a text reader.

It's just a treatment really. But this mini-game is fun isn't it? :o

Screen Compilation:
[imgwh 640x479]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3977/scrnupdt1.jpg[/imgwh]
Last edited by GnaReffotsirk on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Krazy wrote: I love how the computer reads "Cerebrate".  "Cere - brATE"

I cerebrATE a chicken sandwich last night. 

All this talk of cerebrATEing has made me really hungry, actually.
Haha. Yeah, man. It's like we can't even take the cake out of the crATE. And it's too lATE to set up a dATE with the prelATE.

/clearsthroattwice

Anyhow, the missions will be beatable at about 30-50 minutes average difficulty. When you get to figure the challenges of the maps, the number gets smaller. The goal is to make as much fun stuff happen fast. This way the judges won't have to cheat to get all the "spice out of the dice". ;) A few surprises or two wouldn't hurt though, now would it?  ;D
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

Um, sorry, but for your  DevAct1BW.rar could you post a zip folder or something as well?
*sad because has no program to open rar :'( :'( :'(*

I am thinking about the password!
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Jim_Raynor wrote: I am thinking about the password!
Um... still?

The man practically spelled it out.

Anyway, great work Kristoffer, I love your attention to detail.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Jim_Raynor wrote: Um, sorry, but for your  DevAct1BW.rar could you post a zip folder or something as well?

Don't worry, man.. Though, you could still get a general feel of the plot through it, I'd rather offer you the campaign. Then, maybe, just maybe, we'll get something done together as a team one of these days?

There's just things that change quickly through the process.

Your interest is very inspiring, and I'm sure the drive will help you out in "heaping up small things to make something high and great" for your project. ;)

7zip may open the file. Not tested it though. Will keep that in mind when packing the campaign for download. Thanks. ;)
BadManners! wrote: Anyway, great work Kristoffer, I love your attention to detail.
Cool. It would be nice if the campaign will entertain as planned when it's done. :)
Last edited by GnaReffotsirk on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Update:

The scenario count has been cut to 3 for each race... I know:
Spoiler
Church

Post by Church »

GnaReffotsirk wrote: Update:

The scenario count has been cut to 3 for each race... I know:
Spoiler
Don't worry about it. I had to do the same thing to my campaign. (Actually, also down to 3  :D)
You'll get over it soon.
GnaReffotsirk wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: Um, sorry, but for your  DevAct1BW.rar could you post a zip folder or something as well?

Don't worry, man.. Though, you could still get a general feel of the plot through it, I'd rather offer you the campaign. Then, maybe, just maybe, we'll get something done together as a team one of these days?

There's just things that change quickly through the process.

Your interest is very inspiring, and I'm sure the drive will help you out in "heaping up small things to make something high and great" for your project. ;)

7zip may open the file. Not tested it though. Will keep that in mind when packing the campaign for download. Thanks. ;)
Good idea, I actually want to play the campaign more. I just wanted to check it out, but instead, I'll wait!

Hmm.... Working as a team sounds fun! With your great campaigning skills and my... help  :P we might be able to make something cool!

My interest? It's there because youre great at making campaigns!

And there are infested terran in your campaign! I like those things.

Ready to kill!
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Update: July 18, 2009

Falling behind schedule. Needed time to step back to get distance for review. ;) In the mean time, here's a WIP of Kerrigan.

Hoping that you'd like it/her:
Spoiler
Overall, progress is steady and good (from a certain point-of-view). :) Maybe the project can include the above as a screen or something, not sure how to do it though, or if there's enough time to learn and do it.

Maybe after the contest deadline, if everything works out well. :)
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

She.. has no arm. D:
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
Church

Post by Church »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: She.. has no arm. D:
Yes she does. She's pointing it at you the viewer.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I applaud Gna on his constant improvements in drawing talent. Hope to see more from you soon in terms of conceptual artwork ;)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Thanks for the encouragements, you all!  :)

New Updates: July 19, 2009

It's hard to resist going in there and adding a few more details. While avoiding too much indulgence, some beats got past the barrier and into the scenarios.

Constant changing, tossing (of course, but not in that sense :) ), and turning of the protoss scenarios. There's not much action, nor hard massive battles that they kinda feel like new waters to bathe with. There's stuff that may benefit from SC2's capabilities, in terms of visual and other things -- here's hoping the scenarios come through as they should.

Man, it's so exciting. I'd probably launch the editor first before anything when SC2 comes around.

Here's a progress of the Kerrigan screen. It's planned to have a Char for the background and some swarm gushing from it and "to the viewer". Kinda like flowing along her body and swooshes from under the hand and splat, crowding the camera.
Spoiler
If anyone has a free arm (not that the portrait lacks one or anything of the sort ;) ), and IF this comes through 5-days before the deadline, the project can use some packaging work. Screens and mission selection menu stuff.
Last edited by GnaReffotsirk on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Because it's not done smartass. :P
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog