StarCraft: Hands of Power -- Completed!

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

StarCraft: Hands of Power -- Completed!

Post by thebrowncloud »

???
Last edited by thebrowncloud on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
thebrowncloud

Re: StarCraft: Hands of Power

Post by thebrowncloud »

thanks! we started about a week ago and its actually coming along quite nicely. we have a process going where he makes the terrain, i place the units, he does the triggers, and then i do the briefing. we r focusing on getting the first two steps done for as many maps as we can first because those appear to be the parts that take the longest. every mission is planned out, so the script for the dialogue, triggers, and briefing will go quite quickly. we have placed units on the first three maps (working on the fourth right now) and the terrain is done for the first six.

this is our first big campaign, but we r pretty confident in our abilities. our story is pretty awesome!  we hope you guys like it! wish us luck in that we just get it done on time! haha!

happy 4th of july, everyone!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

This campaign looks fun! Haven't seen too many about Stukov. He's awesome. Does this campaign think that Stukov was infested and deinfested or something else? (Don't know if the Stukov Level's are canon, but I hope so!) Your other portions seem cool as well. My Protoss campaign is sort of about Artanis, you can check it out if you want. The link to my campaign is in my signature.

Can't wait to play Hands of Power!
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Jim_Raynor wrote: This campaign looks fun! Haven't seen too many about Stukov. He's awesome. Does this campaign think that Stukov was infested and deinfested or something else? (Don't know if the Stukov Level's are canon, but I hope so!) Your other portions seem cool as well. My Protoss campaign is sort of about Artanis, you can check it out if you want. The link to my campaign is in my signature.

Yeah, it is going along with the Stukov infestation/deinfestation thing. Chris Metzen actually confirmed that those missions were canon on the battle.net forums a little while ago but i don't think anyone had read about it. I get all my info from starcraft.wikia.com. honestly, if you're trying to make a believable campaign (which is what i try to always shoot for) that site is a blessing. I read you're project description. it sounds pretty awesome! I left some notes on ur thread that u might want to consider in ur production. The Stukov portion of my project actually is my favoriite part. When/If you play it, you'll see why...  ;)
Keeping the spoilers at a minimum, but we include every (at least i think it's all of them...) character that is still alive (or ambiguously alive) from Blizzard campaigns. That includes Taldarin, Eredas, Magellan, Tom Kazansky, and quite a bit more!
-George Bernard Shaw
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Another newcomer, eh?  Sounds interesting so far.  Good luck, browncloud and Tim!
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Thalraxal wrote: Another newcomer, eh?  Sounds interesting so far.  Good luck, browncloud and Tim!
for the chance to win 2 beta keys (one for me and one for Tim, if we win), show off some creativity, and have fun doing it, who wouldnt wanna join this contest? i dont think this contest will be the last you see of us, though! ;)
-George Bernard Shaw
Church

Post by Church »

thebrowncloud wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: This campaign looks fun! Haven't seen too many about Stukov. He's awesome. Does this campaign think that Stukov was infested and deinfested or something else? (Don't know if the Stukov Level's are canon, but I hope so!) Your other portions seem cool as well. My Protoss campaign is sort of about Artanis, you can check it out if you want. The link to my campaign is in my signature.

Yeah, it is going along with the Stukov infestation/deinfestation thing. Chris Metzen actually confirmed that those missions were canon on the battle.net forums a little while ago but i don't think anyone had read about it. I get all my info from starcraft.wikia.com. honestly, if you're trying to make a believable campaign (which is what i try to always shoot for) that site is a blessing. I read you're project description. it sounds pretty awesome! I left some notes on ur thread that u might want to consider in ur production. The Stukov portion of my project actually is my favoriite part. When/If you play it, you'll see why...  ;)
Keeping the spoilers at a minimum, but we include every (at least i think it's all of them...) character that is still alive (or ambiguously alive) from Blizzard campaigns. That includes Taldarin, Eredas, Magellan, Tom Kazansky, and quite a bit more!
That would be WHEN I play it  ;)

That is really cool. I can't wait to play with Kazansky, wraith heroes are awesome! Such as my good buddy CD.
thebrowncloud wrote: for the chance to win 2 beta keys (one for me and one for Tim, if we win), show off some creativity, and have fun doing it, who wouldnt wanna join this contest? i dont think this contest will be the last you see of us, though! ;)
I agree, that's why I entered, so YamiShadow (my brother) and I could play SC 2 beta. I really hope you stick around on CC and join more contests, and when you do, I can't wait to play your campaigns and levels!
starcraft.wikia.com
:o :o :o :o :o
That site is the best! I'm actually using it. (Meh, that's where I got my Project Shadow Blade ideas.)

Really, can't wait to play this!
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

thebrowncloud wrote:
Thalraxal wrote: Another newcomer, eh?  Sounds interesting so far.  Good luck, browncloud and Tim!
for the chance to win 2 beta keys (one for me and one for Tim, if we win), show off some creativity, and have fun doing it, who wouldnt wanna join this contest? i dont think this contest will be the last you see of us, though! ;)
Good to hear, browncloud!  I have to admit, I think my favourite part of this contest has been seeing how many people have started or returned to campaigning to join in.  Lav chose his prizes well. :D
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

starcraft.wikia.com
:o :o :o :o :o
That site is the best! I'm actually using it. (Meh, that's where I got my Project Shadow Blade ideas.)

Really, can't wait to play this!
oh, yeah! i forgot about that part in ur project. so ur covering the spectres in urs? i miss SCG.... *sob*..... that'll be really awesome, though! i always love hearing what people do with that whole concept, considering it was going to be such a huge part of the SC universe and now it is gone until either the "StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres" novel comes out or Blizzard puts it in SC2 (i believe i read somewhere that they said it's very likely they will). i look forward to seeing what you do with it! (don't forget to cover who their "true masters" are!)
Good to hear, browncloud!  I have to admit, I think my favourite part of this contest has been seeing how many people have started or returned to campaigning to join in.  Lav chose his prizes well. :D
hehe, he sure did! what i love about this contest the most is how everyone has positive feedback for everybody's projects. its as if there is no competitive hostility anywhere! i like it much better that way!  ;D
Last edited by thebrowncloud on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
-George Bernard Shaw
omega20

Post by omega20 »

thebrowncloud wrote: hehe, he sure did! what i love about this contest the most is how everyone has positive feedback for everybody's projects. its as if there is no competitive hostility anywhere! i like it much better that way!  ;D
Of course! There's no reason to be hostile here. Even if we don't win the 2 SCII beta keys, we'd be always able to play all the contestant campaigns. That's something I'll love to do. Also, remember that the important thing isn't to win, but to participate. ;)

Good luck with your project! :D Can't wait to play it! :p
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Church

Post by Church »

thebrowncloud wrote: oh, yeah! i forgot about that part in ur project. so ur covering the spectres in urs? i miss SCG.... *sob*..... that'll be really awesome, though! i always love hearing what people do with that whole concept, considering it was going to be such a huge part of the SC universe and now it is gone until either the "StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres" novel comes out or Blizzard puts it in SC2 (i believe i read somewhere that they said it's very likely they will). i look forward to seeing what you do with it! (don't forget to cover who their "true masters" are!)
Oh yeah, I have all that covered. Wonder why Specteres was postponed. :P

And it was most likely on Starcraft wiki where you saw that Blizzard would probably put them in SC2. Check the Specter page on SC Wiki and it will say it there.
SCG was awesome! I wish they had made it because you would get to find out the life of a (nearly) normal ghost.
The "True Masters" will surprise you!
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Jim_Raynor wrote:
thebrowncloud wrote: oh, yeah! i forgot about that part in ur project. so ur covering the spectres in urs? i miss SCG.... *sob*..... that'll be really awesome, though! i always love hearing what people do with that whole concept, considering it was going to be such a huge part of the SC universe and now it is gone until either the "StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres" novel comes out or Blizzard puts it in SC2 (i believe i read somewhere that they said it's very likely they will). i look forward to seeing what you do with it! (don't forget to cover who their "true masters" are!)
Oh yeah, I have all that covered. Wonder why Specteres was postponed. :P

And it was most likely on Starcraft wiki where you saw that Blizzard would probably put them in SC2. Check the Specter page on SC Wiki and it will say it there.
SCG was awesome! I wish they had made it because you would get to find out the life of a (nearly) normal ghost.
The "True Masters" will surprise you!
yeah, i think that was where i read it. im pumped for them to include it, but i dont know if they will go into much detail of how they were created when they debut in SC2 because the terran missions will have already passed (Wings of Liberty). they might do some of it in side missions like zeratul's in WoL, but i dont think they could do it justice.

I believe the spectres novel was postponed because KRAD submitted an outline of the book to blizzard along with the first few chapters and they rejected it, so he had to start over again. i dont remember where i heard that either, so dont ask for a source ... :-\
i dont think blizzard's publisher is very efficient either, because DTS: Twilight was supposed to have come out over a year ago, but Golding postponed it until this past June because she was focusing more on the Arthas book. both books were finished being written at around the same time, i believe, but the release dates were months apart.

honestly, i thought Nova was going to be my new favorite terran character. she just had such style in the SCG opening cinematic. i wasnt a huge fan of SCG: Nova, but that was because i was looking for more of what SCG: Spectres will be about, i think.

i honestly have no idea who/what the spectres'  "true masters" are, as it could easily be the xel'naga or something new entirely. or maybe even someone we all already know. who knows? so whoever/whatever u make the masters, i will definitely be surprised  :)
-George Bernard Shaw
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved.
Church

Post by Church »

thebrowncloud wrote: yeah, i think that was where i read it. im pumped for them to include it, but i dont know if they will go into much detail of how they were created when they debut in SC2 because the terran missions will have already passed (Wings of Liberty). they might do some of it in side missions like zeratul's in WoL, but i dont think they could do it justice.
Maybe they will put it in Wings of Liberty?
Or maybe... Since in the Terran campaign there is a side Zeratul campaign, maybe in the Zerg one or the Protoss one there will be a side specter one that shows their creation! That would be cool.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Alright, mini update time:

So Tim and I have a cycle that we go through for each mission we make:
Step 1: Tim creates the terrain for the map (that includes doodads)
Step 2: I place the units, buidlings, etc.
Step 3: He makes all the triggers (excluding the dialogue) so that everything works smoothly
Step 4: I make the triggers for the dialogue, do any minor tweeks to triggers if we are still experiencing issues, and the briefing

So far, we have made it through step 2 for the first 6 maps. He's on vacation right now and has been for the past week, so things have been a little slow. However, he has begun work on the triggers for the maps we have done so far and mission 5 is completely done. Rest assured, our work pace will increase significantly once he comes back. We will be posting a major update on Saturday which will include screenshots and some of our maps available for download (we hope to post the first 5).
-George Bernard Shaw