I quit WoW

Moderator: Milldawg

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Re: I quit WoW

Post by Grandma »

Burning Crusade destroyed the game, honestly. The days when killing Vael was a major accomplishment were probably the best parts of WoW. Back then, my main was a priest (levelling is boring as hell for anyone but a Hunter or Warlock. It's a little entertaining with those two.) PvP was only fun if you were a healer with a good team (especially as a paladin or druid who can survive rapage by every dps class in the BG).

I liked having the forty man raids, because I was in a couple guilds, and we went with Need before Greed. Disputes were settled by /random 100. And that was it. Quick clear of MC to gear people up while waiting for a good BWL set-up, wipe a couple times in BWL, then head off to the new battlegrounds to PvP. I'm not a fan of the 20 man raids (mainly because there's less room for error) and the new instances are long and annoying as hell.

BUt what it really comes down to is the quality of the game depends on the other 19-39 people you're guilded with.

I've got a 70 lock/60 priest/54 hunter/54 warrior/etc, if it matters. I've only done hardcore raids/pvp grinding on the 60 priest.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Now that Nihilum already rolled over Illidan, a lot of people are speaking out about how Raiding doesn't seem to mean nearly as much as it used to anymore (some of the Nihilum people, I hear, were still decked out in Karazhan gear at the time).

Back in the day, defeating Kel'thuzad actually meant something. Today, killing Illidan doesn't mean squat.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Grandma

Post by Grandma »

RazorclawX wrote: Now that Nihilum already rolled over Illidan, a lot of people are speaking out about how Raiding doesn't seem to mean nearly as much as it used to anymore (some of the Nihilum people, I hear, were still decked out in Karazhan gear at the time).

Back in the day, defeating Kel'thuzad actually meant something. Today, killing Illidan doesn't mean squat.
And people still complain "wah, the casual player won't even see the inside of that instance, wah". They shoulda just did what they did with the other major instances. Make it hard as hell, then tone it down a month or two later. People were doing MC PUGs when Naxx came out.

My biggest problem is the fact that they balance things primarily with nerfs.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
10,000 kola nuts,
Midnight, behind the box
wibod

Post by wibod »

Grandma wrote: My biggest problem is the fact that they balance things primarily with nerfs.
This is my biggest problem with the game, it honestly wouldn't be so bad if they nerfed the right things. Warlocks and Rogues have been long overdue for a nerf and they need to get shafted oh so badly. Mages could also use a bitch slap if ice lance is still insanely gay.
Grandma

Post by Grandma »

wibod wrote: This is my biggest problem with the game, it honestly wouldn't be so bad if they nerfed the right things. Warlocks and Rogues have been long overdue for a nerf and they need to get shafted oh so badly. Mages could also use a bitch slap if ice lance is still insanely gay.
ehhh. I think warlocks need a complete revamp. As a warlock, the problem is, if fear wants to fuck us over, good game.

Both warlocks and rogues need Death Coil and Cloak of Shadows taken away, then they need REAL defensive abilities. Honestly though, if they made deadly throw work without combo points, Im pretty sure rogues would be set.

The whole game kinda fails at pvp, so yeah.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
10,000 kola nuts,
Midnight, behind the box
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

Mages have been bitch slapped in several areas, WiBoD. Frost nova has a 100% chance to break on crits now, which means ice lance spam is weaksauce. Also ice block gives you a 30 second debuff which prevents you from ice blocking again.
Infiltrator
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Infiltrator »

*Looks at title*

Congratulations, mate!
"Who's the best starfighter in the fleet? Yours truly."
"En Tauro Adun!"
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

It might not be so bad if it wasn't who can 1-2shot who first.

Class counters just ceased existing.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

less wow- more real life

Post by muaddib »

i created 2 characters, a paladin, because of his value as a supporter, and from emotional reasons- sounds odd i know.
secong class was a warrior, couldnt heal himself, but can kick majour butts.
to me the game startted to loose it since beggers and spammers, and lord knows what elsein the game.
too much petty politics over a game, a guild called phantas magoria, if memory serves went like robots, raided stuff with no life what so ever, their only goal was it seems to become demigods of sum sort, pardon if it sounds TOO harsh. ::)

secondly, like others stated, sudden crashes, lags too tough bosses even can screw the fun.

oinly reason i play it, is to keep in tough with good friends by chatting, since they do not have msn messenger yet.

further more, got job and gymnastics now to attend to, so even less of that game, and im glad its the case,i guess eventually, ill stop playing it, entirely.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well, hell, I learned that they took out the attunement requirement for Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep's Eye.

Yeah, that's right, screw you Blizzard and your stalling tactics. Only now, in the end, do you realize your mistake, and now you will pay for your lack of vision.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

I read that to, but the real bad part is that I really don't care that they did anymore. The game just doesn't have that flavour anymore.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

Can you imagine people are actually bitching about it being removed. :P
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

wibod wrote:
Grandma wrote: My biggest problem is the fact that they balance things primarily with nerfs.
This is my biggest problem with the game, it honestly wouldn't be so bad if they nerfed the right things. Warlocks and Rogues have been long overdue for a nerf and they need to get shafted oh so badly. Mages could also use a bitch slap if ice lance is still insanely gay.
Hahahahahahahaha.

If you don't play high-end PvP, and that pretty much meant 2k plus teams in arena last season and this season, you are talking out of your ass.

You want statistics? Google Radikal Noise. You may be right about warlocks, but rogues across all 3 brackets are the second lowest class to make it in the top 20 and top 50. Only thing worse is hunter. Warriors take the top spot followed by warlocks.

T_T you can ask Mucky or TPC how enthusiastic I am in PvP. I'm just not blessed like Arcan to choose the right class, making past top 50 very very hard in anything not 3v3.
It might not be so bad if it wasn't who can 1-2shot who first.
Muckys hunter wouldn't even have been two shotted. You must play less then he does. Which is like what? A total of like, 10 days?
ehhh. I think warlocks need a complete revamp. As a warlock, the problem is, if fear wants to fuck us over, good game.

Both warlocks and rogues need Death Coil and Cloak of Shadows taken away, then they need REAL defensive abilities. Honestly though, if they made deadly throw work without combo points, Im pretty sure rogues would be set.

The whole game kinda fails at pvp, so yeah.
Like, honestly, I know I'm an asshole, but..LoL. Death coil is not the reason Warlocks win T_T that piece of crap move is their only saving grace against warriors. Life Drain on the other hand is by far the most powerful move in the game =]

So yeah, every year, I try to post, knowing I should stop being rude, cause that's immature. But hey, I'm this forums PvP jackass, T_T sorry you had to hear this rant.

On the other hand, WoW is definately not that great =] so don't think I'm defending it or trying to tell you to keep playing. I play cause of the vast amount of people I know and compete against, and even still, SC2 will blow this game out of the water. WoW PVE blows chunks, and that's a sad thing cause that's like 60% of the game =[

But, I'd like to remind some of you that if you are truely into PvP, it takes less then 5 hours a week for ez epics T_T my played time total ( I only have one character cause I'm too lazy to reroll ) is 29 days ( lol I also made marshal in like 2 months hahaha ). You can look at the character Okoi on the ner'zhul server and tell me if that isn't ez epics or what =D this game can be about time spent, but it can also be about how you spent your time.

PS. Arcan is overpowered.

PSS. T_T I missed SS again crap.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

... Way to bump a thread no one cares about anymore.

edit - Wow, you bumped about every dead topic you could find, huh?

edit II - Do you plan to competitively play SC2?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

You forgot I don't come here often, and when I do, SPAMMMMMMM =]

See you guys at SC2.