DVD cover

MisterCreazil
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

DVD cover

Post by MisterCreazil »

Okay so I scanned my Starcraft box and used photoshop to turn it into this spiffy DVD cover

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?game_id=6199

and I was wondering if anybody here had either the Zerg or Terran box and would be willing to scan the cover for me?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: DVD cover

Post by Lavarinth »

Haha, interesting creation, although not sure about the two other boxes.. They stopped producing them after a year or so, I believe. Even if I still had my Terran box, it'd be all mangled up and not of great quality.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Wow, that's cool. Unfortunately, I have the protoss box too, so wouldn't be of any help.
MisterCreazil

Post by MisterCreazil »

Lavarinth wrote: Haha, interesting creation, although not sure about the two other boxes.. They stopped producing them after a year or so, I believe. Even if I still had my Terran box, it'd be all mangled up and not of great quality.
Yeah I know some people keep their boxes though, it might take me a while but eventually I've find some people who had the other boxes, I think the protoss one was the most popular though.
dreamerhorwitz
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

I didn't realize there were more then one box art. Oh well.
The evil swears are no match for a greater vocab!
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

That's pretty cool, Creazil!

I've still got my old SC box sitting up on my bookshelf, but it's the Protoss Box.  I think one of my friends had the Terran Box, but I'm not sure if he still has it.  I'll ask next time I see him though.
MisterCreazil

Post by MisterCreazil »

Yeah that'd be really cool, I found a guy with the Terran box but he doesn't have a scanner, so he said something about looking into it or whatever I don't think I'm gonna get it from him though :P
WedgeAntilles

Post by WedgeAntilles »

I've always wondered what those two battle scenes in the upper right and lower left corners of the back of the box are from.
Notice in the upper right picture that the arbiters aren't cloaking any units, the carrier isn't deploying any interceptors, and the battlecruisers aren't firing. And what are those guardians doing up front?
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news, Creazil.  The bad news is, my friend doesn't have the Terran cover, he's got the Protoss cover.  The good news is, it turns out I've got the Terran cover!

[imgwh 133x160]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Thalraxal/Other/th_terrancover.png[/imgwh]
Click for full size.  It's kinda big.

If you want the full-sized, un-editted scan, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.  It's even bigger.

In other news, I found a $10 mail-in rebate off the purchase of WarCraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans in my SC box!
WedgeAntilles wrote: I've always wondered what those two battle scenes in the upper right and lower left corners of the back of the box are from.
Notice in the upper right picture that the arbiters aren't cloaking any units, the carrier isn't deploying any interceptors, and the battlecruisers aren't firing. And what are those guardians doing up front?
The inside flap is where the real action is!  Scouts and Wraiths attacking ground units with missiles, more Arbiters without cloaking fields, a goliath attacking air units with both its missiles and auto-cannons, and some unused Space and Installation doodads (Some pipe thing that looks like it would connect to another platform in Space.  Ammo crates, a missile warhead?, and what looks to be a ramp in Installation).
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Thalraxal wrote: Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news, Creazil.  The bad news is, my friend doesn't have the Terran cover, he's got the Protoss cover.  The good news is, it turns out I've got the Terran cover!

[imgwh 133x160]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Thalraxal/Other/th_terrancover.png[/imgwh]

If you want the full-sized, un-editted scan, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.  It's even bigger.

In other news, I found a $10 mail-in rebate off the purchase of WarCraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans in my SC box!
WedgeAntilles wrote: I've always wondered what those two battle scenes in the upper right and lower left corners of the back of the box are from.
The inside flap is where the real action is!  Scouts and Wraiths attacking ground units with missiles, more Arbiters without cloaking fields, a goliath attacking air units with both its missiles and auto-cannons, and some unused Space and Installation doodads (Some pipe thing that looks like it would connect to another platform in Space.  Ammo crates, a missile warhead?, and what looks to be a ramp in Installation).
You better preorder WarCraft: Adventures, then, it's making a comeback! ... Yeah, I lied.. But if they made it now, imagine how bloody and glorry it could be!

And yeah.. The action screenshots are awesome since most of it was from early beta.
- - Lavarinth
MisterCreazil

Post by MisterCreazil »

Thalraxal wrote: Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news, Creazil.  The bad news is, my friend doesn't have the Terran cover, he's got the Protoss cover.  The good news is, it turns out I've got the Terran cover!

OMG you're my hero! Ya if you could e-mail it to me I'd love you for life, my e-mail is freekling@gmail.com yeah if you could scan it at 300 or 600 dpi that'd be best.  You can adjust the dpi in the settings in your scanning program. Actually there is a scanning guide here http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=1305.0 Anyways, thanks tons! :D
MisterCreazil

Post by MisterCreazil »

The Finished product looks like this if anyone cared :P

[imgwh 640x494]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 ... ver-37.jpg[/imgwh]
http://www.thecoverproject.net/uploads/MisterCreazil.custom.win_starcraft.jpg

Now I just need the Zerg box :)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I literally would buy blank cases for this.
- - Lavarinth
MisterCreazil

Post by MisterCreazil »

Yeah people do all the time, thecoverproject.net if full of dvd covers for games that never had them. I've been recasing my entire pc game collection, taking scans from the original boxes and cropping them to the right size for a DVD case.  I did Warcraft 3 which was really easy because Blizzard had high res wallpapers of all the races faces so I made 4 different version of the covers.

[imgwh 640x355]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 ... aftIII.jpg[/imgwh]
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=8229
Last edited by MisterCreazil on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Question: Why is StarCraft rated "M" on your boxes? It's ESRB rating was "T."