[review] what do you think of this idea.

what did you think of the storyline rated from 1-5 1 being worst 5 best

40%
20%
No votes
40%
No votes

Total votes: 5

wildfire
Terran Refinery Attendant

[review] what do you think of this idea.

Post by wildfire »

** this has been edited

well after a while of debating and from people telling me its not too good to tell the storyline to everyone before i release it i have deleted it off of here... i will just tell you all some of the basics of the story instead. i hope you all like it. there are of course many things not set in stone and there may be some flaws in it. if you have any question about it feel free to ask.

please when you read my posts mind my spelling... i know it sucks XD

If you think this is an awesome idea please please help me out ;D this has turned out to be much of a challenge for me. i need just about anybody who can do just about anything. but enough about that... here it is... Rise of Commander Smith

commander smith was the 2nd in command under jimmy Raynor all through the original starcraft. at the beginning of the brood wars when jimmy helped zeratul to escape he sent smith with zeratul to help protect him. while with zeratul he learned the protoss ways of battle, becoming a master of the psi blade within 5 years unheard of in the protoss worlds. now after 5 years of training he is ready to go out and retake Auir to repay the protoss for the debt he owes them. what will he find? will Kerrigan see him as a new threat? or will he find something shocking on his journey? join smith for this great new campaign.

Trailer will be coming out soon hopefully!!!  when it is done ill show it all to you. thanks for the help everyone hope you keep it up

Last edited by wildfire on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Review] the storyline for my exciting first campaign

Post by Maglok »

I don't have the time to read this at the moment, but by glancing over it I would recommend using some proper grammar. You don't use capital letters, and that really messes up readability. Also do you really want everyone to know your storyline before the campaign is published?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
wildfire

Re: [Review] the storyline for my exciting first campaign

Post by wildfire »

good point. but i was hoping maybe it would strike someones intrest and help me with it :D
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [review] what do you think of this idea.

Post by Maglok »

Been around for about 10 years now. What motivates people is usually the creator of the project showing what he has done so far, but generally by showing more then a quick backstory. People tend to expect the creators to do most of the work, otherwise he/she is just a coordinator.

Some tips to promote your campaign are:

- Better grammar, spelling, etc. People can see you didn't take very long to type that summary.
- Get some stuff done yourself first. Your willingness to learn is great, but don't expect people to sign up with your project untill you show them you can get things done. 90% of all projects never see release.
- Don't be to ambitious. If it is a first time campaign don't go for 20+ maps, big game mods and complicated stories.
- Maglok
wildfire

Post by wildfire »

Well i figured i would just do 1 part 7 campaigns to start off. The only real moding will be the main character in his ability to use melee along with a rifle attack for air. Any pointers on doing that?
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Nah I am not much of a techy, we got some seriously good peeps here for that though.
- Maglok
wildfire

Post by wildfire »

Alright thanks you wanna maybe review my stuff as far as my storyline? I edited it and added proper grammar as far as I know I was always bad in English  :-\.