LOTC 21 Help?

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

valasko
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

LOTC 21 Help?

Post by valasko »

Hey fellas, I'm new here, so if I make a stupid posting mistake, I apologize. I know this board might not be the right place to post this, but it honestly seems busier than the regular Starcraft discussion one.

Anywho, I've been playing/salivating over LoTC, but have run into a bit of a roadblock during mission 21. During the section when you're required to kill Traeneth (the dragoon who spawns forever), I CANNOT seem to kill this dude. I read the Oracle's suggestion (kill purples, then reds, then blues), but even following this advice I find myself confronting a massive army of dragoons, and am slowly overwhelmed. After killing enough greens I get the message "more" from Traeneth twice, but he seems to just spawn indefinitely.

I haven't used cheats of any sort, but is it possible I could be facing a bug here? I apologize for the lengthy post, but I'm just trying to be specific an want to move on with this ill campaign (:

Thanks in advance for any help!
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: LOTC 21 Help?

Post by The Oracle »

If you're not already, play the map on easy mode.  This way you have two healing crystals you can use for the Hunter Killers during the fight which definitely helps.

Definitely purples, reds, then blues.  The best place to hit the dragoons is in a corner.  This way they don't surround your group and really only come at you from two sides.  Then just take injured hunter killers and move them to the back row of your group while the others keep shooting.

Beyond this, it's really just a contest of endurance.  No cheats are necessary I promise.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
valasko

Re: LOTC 21 Help?

Post by valasko »

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response.

One last question though: Can I simply wait and kill all the green goons that come at me, or do I have to actively seek them ALL out?
Or, to rephrase, can I just kill the required amount rather than trying to sprint around the map clearing it of greens before they respawn? Because that's when I've run into trouble.

Oh, and I know I already said this, but since you replied directly...Great campaign! I honestly enjoy it at least as much as the Blizzard ones (: